sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Legal Marijuana

So I heard that recreational pot was legalized in CA, NV, and MA. California? What took so long... Nevada? That surprised me, I thought Nevada was the most strict state in which if you were caught with pot, the penalties were very stiff. Am I wrong?

Anyways, it is all good as far as I am concerned

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Yeah pretty much any decent amount is a felony in Nevada.....about time....IMO.....Still wish these "United" states would just make it 100% legal for everyone...meanwhile legal states continue to silently supply 1/2 the nation and move Mexican pushers into strictly meth and heroine....

sportsfan9698

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    Yeah pretty much any decent amount is a felony in Nevada.....about time....IMO.....Still wish these "United" states would just make it 100% legal for everyone...meanwhile legal states continue to silently supply 1/2 the nation and move Mexican pushers into strictly meth and heroine....
    I'm okay with some states embracing it and others that do not. Still not legal where I live though. I am pro small federal government, it is a state issue. As for the effects of that with other drugs, that is an endless debate. At the end of the day, pot is less harmful than alcohol, so I think it should be similar in the laws. Heroine and other crap, ho freaking way. You cannot legalize everything just to eliminate the black market, that is insane.

DDK997
    2009-16' RIP - REAL JOIN DATE 11/2016
    DDK997's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

PaperTrail07

So your OK with the Fed's randomly picking people out to bust they feel are making too much $>>????.......if you take bread crumbs they are totally OK with it....if you start to profit BIG on MMJ (in a medical state)....they'll squeeze you over tax $$....I just don't like the grey area.....same way I hate how they allow a substance (alcohol) and then regulate when I can/cant buy it.....F off.....legal or not....you don't know my situation ect.....why I like 24/hour a day liquor sales...
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan9698 View Post
    I'm okay with some states embracing it and others that do not. Still not legal where I live though. I am pro small federal government, it is a state issue. As for the effects of that with other drugs, that is an endless debate. At the end of the day, pot is less harmful than alcohol, so I think it should be similar in the laws. Heroine and other crap, ho freaking way. You cannot legalize everything just to eliminate the black market, that is insane.

PaperTrail07

No I'm just saying this......have you seen the news recently....heard about the increasing OD's....I'm just saying that bc of the MMJ being legal....it no longer crosses the border and is their $ maker.....now you see WAY MORE Heroin around and people OD when there iss too much fentanyl ect....

sportsfan9698

Okay I will state my post again... So Nevada went from the harshest of all 50 states in terms of pot possession, to legal for recreational use. How did that happen?

Any locals to Nevada can clear this up?

Auto Donk

Okay I will state my post again... So Nevada went from the harshest of all 50 states in terms of pot possession, to legal for recreational use. How did that happen?

Any locals to Nevada can clear this up?
    all those idiots in Clarke County that hiLIARy paid to vote that stood in long lines with fake papers at polling places hiLIARy paid to stay open 24-hrs/day like weed...

Auto Donk

and for the record, if people are capable of getting as high as I have been smokin' dro, it should be legal only if not on the roadways..... ie, enforced like dwi.....

I couldn't find my f'n way out of my nephew's condo parking lot after getting blazed one day, and I'd been there at least 50 times before....

to make matters worse, it was only a matter of backing out, turning to the left, and driving 100 yds to an automatic gate.....

much like the Cryin' Kraken last night as the election results were streaming in (trump's callin' everyone by some two-word name with an adjective as the first word -- ____'n [Name] -- is rubbin' off on me after watching him for a few weeks), I was damn near in tears after about thirty minutes of driving around in there trippin' balls.............
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 11-09-16 at 04:27 PM.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

All it really does is just make weed more expensive. The states make a killing with the taxes. Smart move for them.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Has anyone been to Denver lately?

It used to be a really nice and clean place.

A lot of homeless people moved there to get high and now you can smell weed almost everywhere.

If you had kids would you want to take them around town smelling weed with people begging for money to buy it?

I don't mind personal use but I don't want it in my state if this is what it brings. I'm glad it gets voted on at the state level.

PaperTrail07

A Good bit of that paranoia and confusion is associated with it being illegal...people get nervous for zero reason...
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    and for the record, if people are capable of getting as high as I have been smokin' dro, it should be legal only if not on the roadways..... ie, enforced like dwi.....

I couldn't find my f'n way out of my nephew's condo parking lot after getting blazed one day, and I'd been there at least 50 times before....

to make matters worse, it was only a matter of backing out, turning to the left, and driving 100 yds to an automatic gate.....

much like the Cryin' Kraken last night as the election results were streaming in (trump's callin' everyone by some two-word name with an adjective as the first word -- ____'n [Name] -- is rubbin' off on me after watching him for a few weeks), I was damn near in tears after about thirty minutes of driving around in there trippin' balls.............

PaperTrail07

Was just in Denver....and that was never a problem...however Native Roots (dispensary) was mid-floor of a high rise next to a financial firm reeking of weed...did find that funny lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

A lot of homeless people moved there to get high and now you can smell weed almost everywhere.

If you had kids would you want to take them around town smelling weed with people begging for money to buy it?

I don't mind personal use but I don't want it in my state if this is what it brings. I'm glad it gets voted on at the state level.

sportsfan9698

Paper Trail

You are trying relentlessly to make the case that legal weed has all upside and no downside. That is simply not the case. There have been many reports and documentaries of the problems that have come to Denver and the state of Colorado in the past few years. Then there are the documentaries that try to show the glamorous side, a bunch of yuppies sitting around a hipster bar toking away, ordering various strands and trying to impress everybody. There is plenty of both.

I'm in favor of legal weed, but it does attract the lowest of people - that is a fact. Most of use would much rather those people do their deals in some hidden shack on the other side of town. This reminds me of a quote of the great Ozzy Osbourne "my concerts are large gatherings of the most degenerate of all people".

sportsfan9698

Call me a hypocrite, I don't care. I would very much like to have legal weed in the county next to me... but not in my town.

PaperTrail07

There is always a downside...but your wrong-it does not attract the lowest of people. One Down side I've heard of is all the weed $ is driving local out of the cities due to higher rent (Colorado)...rent is going up but locals pay is not....more people w more money are there now... I'm for it but I'm also not ignorant....
    Paper Trail

You are trying relentlessly to make the case that legal weed has all upside and no downside. That is simply not the case. There have been many reports and documentaries of the problems that have come to Denver and the state of Colorado in the past few years. Then there are the documentaries that try to show the glamorous side, a bunch of yuppies sitting around a hipster bar toking away, ordering various strands and trying to impress everybody. There is plenty of both.

I'm in favor of legal weed, but it does attract the lowest of people - that is a fact. Most of use would much rather those people do their deals in some hidden shack on the other side of town. This reminds me of a quote of the great Ozzy Osbourne "my concerts are large gatherings of the most degenerate of all people".

PaperTrail07

It being in specific locations is the problem.....counties next to dry counties seem to sell a lot of alcohol hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Call me a hypocrite, I don't care. I would very much like to have legal weed in the county next to me... but not in my town.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3732

It's a bad idea on so many levels.

Will kill thousands easily, and sends the wrong message.

I am not against smoking pot, but it shouldn't be totally legal.

Massachusetts towns are talking about not allowing pot shops
    there will be lawsuits

PaperTrail07

we are a nation build on bad ideas....it will work out lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post

there will be lawsuits

sportsfan9698

No question it is coming to your state, but not as fast as everybody thinks. It sill mirror the alcohol sales as prohibition was ended. It took some states decades, and then some counties decades later.

PaperTrail07

agree.....
    No question it is coming to your state, but not as fast as everybody thinks. It sill mirror the alcohol sales as prohibition was ended. It took some states decades, and then some counties decades later.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3732

“Look, a President Trump could shut down the legal cannabis industry everywhere in the country with the stroke of a pen,” said Kleiman, who’s now a professor of public policy at New York University’s Marron Institute of Urban Management. “All you have to do is take a list of the state-licensed cannabis growers and sellers into federal district court and say, ‘Your Honor, here are the people who have applied for and been given licenses to commit federal felonies.’ ’’
    http://www.kansascity.com/news/polit...113727209.html

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post

there will be lawsuits
    residents of those towns will have no problem driving 7 or 8 miles to the nearest town that does. actually most would prefer that their town didn't to protect kids better from getting it to easily. towns in this state are very close to each other.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

If it were legal everywhere people wouldn't all flock to one city like what you're talking about

It should be legal as long as fast food, alcohol, cigarettes, etc etc are all legal

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

This thread is funny. We are still in the 1920's reefer madness ignorance state of mind. The drug is not even physically addictive. Nobody has ever robbed a liquor store to get money for pot. It is harmless. People who smoke it chronically will always have problems. That is abuse, not use. Recreational users will not experience 1 problem with it. Stop trying to save people from themselves by hindering the overwhelmingly majority of responsible pot users. Worry about alcohol and cigs. They kill more people in 1 year than all other drugs have killed people since the beginning of time.

No, I don't smoke pot and would not even if it was legal. Been there done that.

sportsfan9698

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    This thread is funny. We are still in the 1920's reefer madness ignorance state of mind. The drug is not even physically addictive. Nobody has ever robbed a liquor store to get money for pot. It is harmless. People who smoke it chronically will always have problems. That is abuse, not use. Recreational users will not experience 1 problem with it. Stop trying to save people from themselves by hindering the overwhelmingly majority of responsible pot users. Worry about alcohol and cigs. They kill more people in 1 year than all other drugs have killed people since the beginning of time.

No, I don't smoke pot and would not even if it was legal. Been there done that.
    For somebody that claims your read this thread... it appears your comprehension leaves a bit to be desired. Nobody at all discussed the health implications nor any addictive effects of pot. What was discussed was legal issues, as well as societal issues.

lol

maggiethebestdog

For somebody that claims your read this thread... it appears your comprehension leaves a bit to be desired. Nobody at all discussed the health implications nor any addictive effects of pot. What was discussed was legal issues, as well as societal issues.

lol
    That is my whole point, idiot. It is 2016 and a harmless drug has to pass some test of legality and society?? If it was legal everywhere like it should be, these self imposed issues would not exist. It's pot, stop trying to make it neuro surgery. Of the 10 billion issues that need to be worked on, this shouldn't be on the long list. Try and comprehend that.

sportsfan9698

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    That is my whole point, idiot. It is 2016 and a harmless drug has to pass some test of legality and society?? If it was legal everywhere like it should be, these self imposed issues would not exist. It's pot, stop trying to make it neuro surgery. Of the 10 billion issues that need to be worked on, this shouldn't be on the long list. Try and comprehend that.
    Go fuk yourself - you miss the point of the thread. Too stupid to understand that I guess

maggiethebestdog

Go fuk yourself - you miss the point of the thread. Too stupid to understand that I guess
    The fact you think this thread has a point shows how out of touch with reality you are. It's pot. Legalize it. If you want to complicate something so simple, please don't take some intellectual high road that doesn't exist.

53 defense
    53 defense's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4897

Well, this years trip to Vegas for the Baskets Dance is gonna be a little bit different.

Cab ride from airport ................ to dispensary.................to GVR

Hey Now ........................................ ..............

Cuban Cigars and Cannabis..........Brilliant !

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    A Good bit of that paranoia and confusion is associated with it being illegal...people get nervous for zero reason...
    i wasn't paranoid about legality.... the last thing i was worried about was the law.... I was just high as fuk.....

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

As a conservative, just 100% make it legal and tax it already.

PaperTrail07

lol ok ok
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    i wasn't paranoid about legality.... the last thing i was worried about was the law.... I was just high as fuk.....

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

Trump has already said he plans on following federal law regarding marijuana, meaning he could very well send the feds in to close all the pot facilities, i.e. growers, sellers, testing facilities, etc. Many of us who have an "ownership" stake in these businesses, are concerned with the future. Much of our product goes out the backdoor and moved on the east coast, as the profit is way better, they pay in cash, no taxes to pay, etc. At this point, I still don't see it going completely legal, especially in the mid western states. Weed "cities" have higher crime, more emergency room visits, more poeple living on government welfare, and more homeless and destitude. Remember the government screws up everything they touch, including marijuana........

12 Last