sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Trump needs to recruit a handful of (D) Senators - I think he can do it

Trump wants to do what the people want, and what he promised. Repeal and Replace Obamacare.

But the Democrats can filibuster this legislation to try to make it not happen. Trump will need 60 votes in the Senate to do this successfully. I think he will show Obama how this happens.

Thoughts?

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan9698 View Post
    Trump wants to do what the people want, and what he promised. Repeal and Replace Obamacare.

But the Democrats can filibuster this legislation to try to make it not happen. Trump will need 60 votes in the Senate to do this successfully. I think he will show Obama how this happens.

Thoughts?
    He won't need 60 if it's a better bill than Obamacare.

reedy
    reedy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2417

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan9698 View Post

Thoughts?
    I agree. I think after all is said and done he will end up working with the Dems a lot more than people think. The world is not going to end on Jan 20th. People forget that politicians lie, a lot, to get elected.

I can honestly see Paul Ryan being one of his biggest problems through the next 4 years.

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

I understand they will repeal Obamacare using "budget reconciliation" something I don't really understand other than that a simple majority is all that is needed.