MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

The 2017 Infiniti Q60: An Infiniti you might actually want to buy???

Thing looks good. Engine is a less ridiculous version of the engine found in the Nissan GTR. 3 litre twin turbo putting out 400 bhp to all four wheels in top trim. Nissans are usually very reliable and not particularly expensive to repair and maintain... Lacks the prestige of some of the German marques but could probably keep up with them for probably $30,000 less.

Good value in this car.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Still a Nissan !!!!

Notorious for transmission problems

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Still a Nissan !!!!

I am not sure if that is still a problem with Nissans. I think that was more of an issue 8-10 years ago before they started using new trans in their high end cars.

The reliability problems with Nissans tend to be with their cheaper cars from what I have heard.

Thing looks really nice. Reminds me of the highly anticipated Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

I had a murano and blew the trans @ 160k, vowed to never buy another nissan. Some of those infinities are super slick looking rides

cwnotorious

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Still a Nissan !!!!

Lol turns out i am cwnotorious for transmission problems

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by cwnotorious View Post
    I had a murano and blew the trans @ 160k, vowed to never buy another nissan. Some of those infinities are super slick looking rides
    Did it have the CVT or the automatic?

Looks like they only sold the pre 2008 model with a CVT which are interesting but usually less reliable transmissions.

Not sure why more cars aren't offered in a manual transmission as they are far more reliable given proper use and are much easier to fix.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

I agree.... Infiniti design teams can make a slick looking ride but the transmission issue I can take a chance on

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2408

the top model of that car is £43k here,
    audi s5 is £45k, so not really 30k difference..

cwnotorious

I would have to check the year Mo but i beleive it was pre 2008, i bought a Rav 4 after that murano and no problems since.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

I imagine they will facelift the Infiniti M-series either this year or next in a similar style to the Q series above.

The current M series looks horrendous.

Interestingly the M-series is one of the worst selling cars of our generation for no good reason because apparently they are good cars.

cwnotorious

Yes i just looked and my murano was 2005 model, that ride was nice for looks but problem after problem. Women loved that whip though, its basically like a giant purse lol

cwnotorious

Mo If only i had your wisdom in 07 when i bought that beast, you coulda saved me the headache

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by cashin81 View Post
    the top model of that car is £43k here,
    audi s5 is £45k, so not really 30k difference..
    I was thinking of an M4 when I said that. I am reminded that Audi's are good value.

Here (Canada), the top of the line Q60 starts at $60,000 without options.

A BMW M3 / M4 starts at just under $80,000 for a slightly faster (425 BHP) engine. That's an expensive 25 horsepower at $20,000. That's $800 a horse.

An Audi S5 like you mentioned has 75 fewer horsepower than this car so I wouldn't say they are equivalent in terms of performance.

I can't find a price on a new RS5 cuz it looks like they don't sell them anymore new but lightly used ones seem to be selling for $80,000 so I imagine they would run you ~$100,000 brand new.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Yes i just looked and my murano was 2005 model, that ride was nice for looks but problem after problem. Women loved that whip though, its basically like a giant purse lol
    Yeah I just looked it up and the problems actually peaked with the 2005 model but not like you could have known that at the time. I find women pay way less attention to cars than you think they do. My girlfriend couldn't give two penetrates about what I drive. She can't tell a Jaguar from a Daewoo.
    Mo If only i had your wisdom in 07 when i bought that beast, you coulda saved me the headache
    Problems don't surface till it looks like around 100,00K Miles so problems wouldn't have began to surface till approximately 6 years after they were first sold. Can't predict these kind of problems. Sort of just rolling the dice. Even Toyota's release a certain engine, transmission or model that have common problems.

Don't buy anything Italian or American and you should be fine as far as reliability, in general.

cwnotorious

Thx doggy the advice is much appreciated, of course i had to buy th 2005 model lol Vehicles in general are such an expense, bol whatever you choose holmes

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

I think Nissan/Infinity are a good value in the used market... because their value plummets after the first guy titled it. There is good reason for this. I worked in Toyota Sourcing and worked heavily with DE on reverse engineering (VE/VA) and we always benchmarked against Nissan, and Honda. Nissan takes the cheap road with components that count.

That said, I do think they are average cars that you can get cheap after that first guy takes a bath.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2408

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    I was thinking of an M4 when I said that. I am reminded that Audi's are good value.

Here (Canada), the top of the line Q60 starts at $60,000 without options.

A BMW M3 / M4 starts at just under $80,000 for a slightly faster (425 BHP) engine. That's an expensive 25 horsepower at $20,000. That's $800 a horse.

An Audi S5 like you mentioned has 75 fewer horsepower than this car so I wouldn't say they are equivalent in terms of performance.

I can't find a price on a new RS5 cuz it looks like they don't sell them anymore new but lightly used ones seem to be selling for $80,000 so I imagine they would run you ~$100,000 brand new.
    Depends what the performance stats for this car actually are. Im guessing its heavier than the m4 and s5.
    For example s5 is around 4.7 0-60, thats damn fast.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

saloon

fukk this paper bag fukk

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

infiniti's are nice... ride like cadillac's ... and nissan isn't to shabby,

MoMoneyMoVaughn