firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Fire in da hole View Post
    Have you thought about going with something refurbished? You can probably find something alittle better quality for not much more money.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-viz...96YBoCQEPw_wcB

Also, check out slickdeals.net... they look across the internet and always show great deals.
    ill check those out , thanks amigo

this one looks pretty solid huge deal to.. I wonder if shipping is free in Canada for this ?

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-sam...with-subwoofer
    Last edited by firekillex; 09-22-16 at 01:10 AM.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    We have the Vizio sound bar with sub woofer and surround sound in the bedroom. Sounds pretty damn good to me. Fits perfect on 65" Samsung tv.
    Leaning towards just getting that setup with the sound bar + sub woofer seems like it could be decent for a room that's not huge , don't even need anything out of this world just a bit better then the tv quality sound

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by McCarthyFam View Post
    i would personally go with the sound bar. Try and find one with a wireless subwoofer. That is my current setup. Will have to check on brand when i get home. I believe its lg. But i love it. It has different sound options. The cinema sounds great and bass is awesome. Will message you with more details in the morning. It was budget friendly too

Cool brotha appreciate it, inbox me in the week lemme no.. I'm gonna scour Amazon and bestbuy to see if any solid ones are on sale.. At worst I'll wait until November for cyber Monday sales when I buy another tv for my spare room , probably get a wicked deal on a sound bar + sub then possibly even get 2 one for my room as well ..

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by mohye1980 View Post
    I'll put my bose set up against any speakers and they will blow them out of the water. I've also had my set for about 15 years and they sound as good as day one. You get what you pay for. I used to sell audio video as my first job years ago and if i had to do it over again I would buy Bose.
    You can do so much better. To use the Acoustimass 6 system which is $699 as a comparison systems from Definitive, Polk, Klipsch will all have better sound.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Just curious... what company blows Bose out of the water in regards to price/quality?
    I'd take this set over the Bose
    https://www.amazon.com/Energy-Classi.../dp/B001202C44

Bose is just good marketing, people who know speakers know that Bose is generally overpriced and not that special.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

notice picture 1 has a smaller speaker on top, and a mid range below. 2 different speakers built in, one for high frequency, one for mid range frequency, subwoofer for bass. Bose acoustimass does not have a tweeter/mid range, just a subwoofer and then a one size fits all for the mids/highs. It sounds best if you have a sub, midrange speaker, and tweeter to handle different parts of the frequency . acoustimass has one speaker to handle too wide a range of frequency. $120 Klipsch pro media 2.1 computer speakers sound much better than $700 acoustimass because they have a dedicated tweeter, midrange, sub. poor speaker design by bose

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 959

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I know it's good. I have one. If it wasn't good why would I buy it? You don't make any sense.
    You have nothing to compare it too if u heard a good 5.1 system alongside ur sound bar u would change ur mind rather quickly

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post

You can do so much better. To use the Acoustimass 6 system which is $699 as a comparison systems from Definitive, Polk, Klipsch will all have better sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post

I'd take this set over the Bose
    https://www.amazon.com/Energy-Classi.../dp/B001202C44

Bose is just good marketing, people who know speakers know that Bose is generally overpriced and not that special.

Well... this is just a quick post... because I don't have much time to elaborate... but when I do have time I'll come back to this thread..

I have a lot of "brainiacs" who are acquaintances of mine and whenever we talk about "sound quality" 80% of the time someone always talks about Bose. I slightly disagree on the marketing standpoint. It's engineering. Yes, it is one of the most expensive products out there... and possibly could be priced a little cheaper. You get what you pay for.

Again, never had a blown coil... or anything out of 20 years. I've purchased 7 Units for my family members. My original Bose is actually sitting in a box right now. I take parts from the original system.... to add extra zones for surround sound. You still need a decent receiver to do this naturally.

I would rather spend the extra $300.00 to guarantee longevity with anything out there. Maybe it's just luck that I never had an issue? And I do keep track of all companies that have fukked me over the years.

I refuse to buy from Sony (PlayStation Only Thing That Works), Panasonic, Sharp (Who Knows If They Are Still Around), RCA, and a few other companies.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Well... this is just a quick post... because I don't have much time to elaborate... but when I do have time I'll come back to this thread..

I have a lot of "brainiacs" who are acquaintances of mine and whenever we talk about "sound quality" 80% of the time someone always talks about Bose. I slightly disagree on the marketing standpoint. It's engineering. Yes, it is one of the most expensive products out there... and possibly could be priced a little cheaper. You get what you pay for.

Again, never had a blown coil... or anything out of 20 years. I've purchased 7 Units for my family members. My original Bose is actually sitting in a box right now. I take parts from the original system.... to add extra zones for surround sound. You still need a decent receiver to do this naturally.

I would rather spend the extra $300.00 to guarantee longevity with anything out there. Maybe it's just luck that I never had an issue? And I do keep track of all companies that have fukked me over the years.

I refuse to buy from Sony (PlayStation Only Thing That Works), Panasonic, Sharp (Who Knows If They Are Still Around), RCA, and a few other companies.
    Speakers can last decades, it's not really all that impressive that yours has lasted 20 years.
    I've had Acoustic Research AR-9's for about 15 years and they still sound amazing.
    Read this about bose: http://nyet.org/bose/

First 12