agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14032

i quit my alcohol addiction 6 yrs. ago alcohol did everything but kill me put me homeless couny jail hospitals residential programs whole new universe now w;o addiction
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave agendaman 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

steady hustlin
    steady hustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!

opiates... Hard to even explain, describe, etc. to those who haven't experienced it. I wish so bad that when I went to my first treatment center that I did not let them prescribe me subuxone, which became subutex, which became methadone. The withdrawals from any of them especially methadone, are insane. It takes 6 weeks to recover from any opiate replacement cold turkey. If your broke: where do you go? how do you do it? Need the chemicals to be able to get through the workday. It's a downward spiral, vicious circle, an infinite regress to hell.

Wanted to go to get ibogaine but don't have the money for it and also found it doesn't work on long acting opiates (buprenorphine
    & methadone hcl) so it's moot. Some say take lsd to get off (suggested on here actually), some say to get back to iv heroine and then withdrawal off it because it's a shorter detox, and some say to just titrate off the methadone. None of these options are all that great.

Won a seat to the Punta Cana classic and the $5k package off a freeroll a couple months ago on ACR and couldn't go because I would get sick. Can't travel because I'm shackled to the clinic. Really just want to go to a detox center and get rid of this once and for all. If you miss even one day of a dose, feels like being trapped in a culvert where panic has you wide awake but physiology has you constrained.

Getting started on opiates is the worst decision anyone can make. They are so deceptive and have no comedown like other drugs. It's just that once hooked, it's incredibly hard to live without them. None of this is new information or anything special. Just nice to know other people are going through it and I'm with you. Don't ever shoot H, it's too good and too bad and too dangerous. Hope you keep up the good fight so your there for yourself and others who need you. There's so much to life out there. There's a good life out there. We are lucky to live in this country. An addiction to drugs detracts the gift we've been given.
    Last edited by steady hustlin; 10-09-16 at 08:58 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB, and gauchojake

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

Quote Originally Posted by steady hustlin View Post
    opiates... Hard to even explain, describe, etc. to those who haven't experienced it. I wish so bad that when I went to my first treatment center that I did not let them prescribe me subuxone, which became subutex, which became methadone. The withdrawals from any of them especially methadone, are insane. It takes 6 weeks to recover from any opiate replacement cold turkey. If your broke: where do you go? how do you do it? Need the chemicals to be able to get through the workday. It's a downward spiral, vicious circle, an infinite regress to hell.

Wanted to go to get ibogaine but don't have the money for it and also found it doesn't work on long acting opiates (buprenorphine
    & methadone hcl) so it's moot. Some say take lsd to get off (suggested on here actually), some say to get back to iv heroine and then withdrawal off it because it's a shorter detox, and some say to just titrate off the methadone. None of these options are all that great.

Won a seat to the Punta Cana classic and the $5k package off a freeroll a couple months ago on ACR and couldn't go because I would get sick. Can't travel because I'm shackled to the clinic. Really just want to go to a detox center and get rid of this once and for all. If you miss even one day of a dose, feels like being trapped in a culvert where panic has you wide awake but physiology has you constrained.

Getting started on opiates is the worst decision anyone can make. They are so deceptive and have no comedown like other drugs. It's just that once hooked, it's incredibly hard to live without them. None of this is new information or anything special. Just nice to know other people are going through it and I'm with you. Don't ever shoot H, it's too good and too bad and too dangerous. Hope you keep up the good fight so your there for yourself and others who need you. There's so much to life out there. There's a good life out there. We are lucky to live in this country. An addiction to drugs detracts the gift we've been given.
    Dude it's a fukked up situation no doubt. I hope you can find some peace.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Crater of Diamonds State Park: Father, daughter find 2 carat gem in Arkansas

A father and daughter found a 2.03 carat diamond at Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas last week.
    The park is the only diamond-producing site in the world where anyone can come and hunt for gems... Visitors keep whatever they find.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

What a bunch pussies..... QUITTERS NEVER WIN!!!!

sportsfan9698
    sportsfan9698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 786

Okay I was kidding... I read through the entire thread and I think I only saw it mentioned once... EXERCISE!!!

Fitness can become addictive and it does all of the good things for your mind and body like a mirror effect of how drugs destroy the mind and body. For some it is much easier than others. I have found that attaining a high fitness level is much easier for former athletes. If you played sports in HS or beyond, more than likely you already know what it takes to work out several times a week and track progress and get geeked on the results. People who have not had this experience tend to want a friend or trainer or somebody to keep them going... or they want quick results with silly additives or gimmick techniques or products.

Everybody can walk, run, ride and lift weights to some degree. The process is simple in my mind, eliminate all excuses in your way of attaining that next fitness level. There is no free lunch, eat healthy and exercise.

I have plenty of vices, but nothing on that level. I have been drinking too much most of life, and have cut back severely lately. It is not hard for me at all. I have smoked pot my whole life, but I have no intentions of quitting that... I think it is great.

My brother was a semi-functional crack head about 15 years ago when he moved from Boston to Atlanta. He visited me during his journey and stayed at my house. I later learned that he took his last hit from his pipe as he pulled away from my driveway. He told me he just went cold turkey and it worked. He was moving onto new life, new city and new employment and he knew it was time.

BOL
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6290

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan9698 View Post
    Okay I was kidding... I read through the entire thread and I think I only saw it mentioned once... EXERCISE!!!
    Yep, start working out. Don't just go to a gym and lift weights, start Crossfit or something similar. There's more of a sense of community and a good box will bust your ass. You'll feel better both physically and mentally, in effect it becomes another addiction, albeit a healthy one. A bonus is all the beautiful trim, my box is crawling with them. Good luck and keep fighting
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave swordsandtequila 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Good to hear. eat healthy. that will help

No.. No it won't

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Yep, start working out. Don't just go to a gym and lift weights, start Crossfit or something similar. There's more of a sense of community and a good box will bust your ass. You'll feel better both physically and mentally, in effect it becomes another addiction, albeit a healthy one. A bonus is all the beautiful trim, my box is crawling with them. Good luck and keep fighting
    sworder maybe you missed it but krakles did cross fit and also posted pictures of his ass

agree though - you need to get to the gym to get your mind right

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6290

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    sworder maybe you missed it but krakles did cross fit and also posted pictures of his ass

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post

I have a guy setup at my house that i never use. I think i woud go to a gym all the time for the hot ass!

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

*gym lol

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Bricker is there something you want to tell us pal???

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Recovery is a good thing. 7 months clean and typing from a meeting right now. Opiates are the worst.

Gl with your recovery.

People at N.A. think I,m addicted to gambling, but I tell them sports betting is a rewarding endeavor.

Gl bud

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Recovery is a good thing. 7 months clean and typing from a meeting right now. Opiates are the worst.

Gl with your recovery.

People at N.A. think I,m addicted to gambling, but I tell them sports betting is a rewarding endeavor.

Gl bud

Roscoe put the phone down and say the serenity prayer pal!

Roscoe_Word

Loll. I used to think it was god grant me the seniority.

Roscoe_Word

A clear mind is great for sportsbetting. Especially with the NBA coming

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO