indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

ESPN has finally jumped the shark

ESPN has been on a long and slow, steady decline as they try to morph sports highlites and news into social and political commentary. While it's never been a secret most of them are left leaning failed journalism school rejects along with ex jocks who need to feel relevant, it was always tolerable since it was still primarily a sports network with the occasional silly diatribe. But now, it's gotten so embarrassingly bad that you can not even visit their website for basic scores, news, and highlite clips without getting inundated with obnoxious progressive propaganda and completely irrelevant subject matter dominating the "sports news" headlines, clips, and tweets.

The Kapernick soap opera is the last straw for this viewer. So the kid decides to kneel during the National Anthem. OK, silly, but no big deal. Not much of a "statement" in my book, but I didn't really care one way or the other. Lord knows I've had my share of beefs with the US Government. A 2cnd rate QB on the downside of his career looks to bask in the spotlight one last time while trying to impress his new lefty girlfriend. Fine. With the attention and endless round table discussions about this, you would of thought he immolated himself like Norman Morrison or Thich Quang Duc did in protesting the Vietnam War. One ridiculous "journalist" compared it to Muhammad Ali refusing service into the draft on religious grounds. I'm sure we all agree how ridiculous that comparison is.

So, here it is, a rather quaint "story" that's 4 days old, and yet, even now there are "news" headlines , links, and tweets of how so and so tweets his support, and some gay "star" womans soccer player (that nobody's ever heard of before yesterday) knelt during the anthem during her game to show her support. Mind you, there was less than 100 people in the stands of US pro womans soccer game (Funny, she's lauded as such a big star, but yet, ESPN has never even flashed a score or a highlite, or written one sentence from any of her previous pro games). Now we get hourly updates on how Kapernicks jersey is now the 3rd biggest seller this week, and then, as if we needed to know, we got the big news later in the day how it passed Odell Beckham to become the 2cnd best selling jersey this week. Wow, when is the jersey counter coming that will update jersey sales every 10 minutes? I'm on the edge of my chair as it rockets to the top of the charts. If someone in a Mexican League baseball game or a semi-pro badminton match clenches his fist during an anthem, I'm sure that will get blasted as a headline too.

I remember when Curt Schilling got canned for his common sense tweet regarding trannies and bathrooms. Of course, this was the hot topic at that time, and since he went against the holy grail of progressivism, he was canned as ESPN groveled for forgiveness for their "shame". While I thought that was somewhat irresponsible, it didn't surprise me much, and it certainly shouldn't of surprised Schilling. What happened afterwords was somewhat hilarious and shockingly scary. Apparantly, ESPN did a bit segment including highlites of the Red Sox comeback from down 0-3 in the series vs the Yankees in 2004, and even though Schilling was a major part of that with his game 6 performance, bloody sock and all, he was magically erased from the highlites. Reminded me of Josef Stalin and how he erased Soviet members who had fallen out of favor with the Soviet head from all official photo's and documents like they never existed. Thankfully, Schilling didn't meet the same fate of those who "vanished" during the Stalin regime. When they were erased, they were gone for good, cause they were never coming back. I'm well aware that 30 for 30 was edited for time constraints in that incident. Still seems an odd choice to "vanish" game 6 and Curt all together for the sake of time considering it's relevance to the subject matter.

While I didn't watch this when it aired, apparently, ESPN did some sort of round table thingamajig about black violence and injustice and blah, blah, blah recently. In the clip below, go to the 10:25 mark to see a clip of these social warriors discussing this. The uber liberal Max Kellerman (how could a Greenwich Village raised Jew be anything else?) is talking about the "white man" athlete and his responsibilities in helping his black teammates in their social justice quests or some type of nonsense like that ( he seems to be rambling a bit) and none other than Isiah Thomas explains to us all (with a catchy ryhme he probably spent all night coming up with) that "White silence is violence" to which the white woman panel member nods in affirmation as if he was delivering a sermon from on high. White silence is violence? Are you fcking kidding me? Good Lord. Then, Isiah tells us how if Max or any white man went into his neighborhood (as If the multi-millionaire still lived in a trashy ghetto), how the hood brothers wouldn't beat him or or kill him, just cause he was white. Then he adds "They might rob you and take all your money, but they won't beat you up". This is not met with gasps or silence, but rather, laughter and smiles from the mostly black audience. As if someone getting robbed is funny. I'm curious Isiah, how do you rob someone without beating them up or threatening violence? He says "they won't shoot you". Really Isiah? What happens if you decide you don't want to give them your money? You really think these upstanding cadets aren't going to use their guns? I was appalled. This is the gutter that ESPN has crawled so low to get into? This charming exchange starts around 10:25 and ends around 12:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5G443GeY98
    Points Awarded:

coanwe gave indio 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

There's a difference ...but I agree with this guy to a degree, white people aren't very street smart. They might not even know what streets they're on half the time and nobody really is supposed to... Black hood folks will most likely " read " you ...they will ask you where are you from? And yea you might get robbed or hurt because one is white " because they figure you got money " not just on the fact that you are white alone (it's because one looks vulnerable, not from there, and has stumbled on a very poor part of town)...if they see someone that looks dead broke, they probably won't bother the guy... White, black, or brown ...

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Good that youre starting to see the light. Of course it was no big deal and whenever you see anything blown completely out of proportion and it being broadcasted over several channels, talked about, opinions being given, and a consensus to go along with it, then you know there is an agenda. This type thing comes from a hidden entity for social purposes to propel friction for the purpose of change. When they want you to think differently than youve thought your entire life they pull these stunts. They will eventually want you to rethink your constitution, to consider it archaic, to do away with it.
    Last edited by jtoler; 09-06-16 at 02:05 AM.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Robbed huh...I'm in south carolina..guy robbed waffle house n guy in pking lot had concealed weapon and killed the guy. Those who c omit crimes are retarts

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

As to guy not standing for national anthem..fans should not go to games..watch how fast he's cut from team.

spike420211
    spike420211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2925

Kapernicks jersey is now the 3rd biggest seller this week
    Lotsa people wanna set it on fire

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

You are years late bud. Started jumping the shark when they realized people would watch a bunch of loudmouth s yell and scream at each other for half an hour about dumb shit everyday.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    You are years late bud. Started jumping the shark when they realized people would watch a bunch of loudmouth s yell and scream at each other for half an hour about dumb shit everyday.
    Agreed. My dislike of ESPN started a long time ago, when being a slick comedian became mandatory for its sports answers. Once I figured out that it was just a network of douchebags doing imitations of Olbermann/Kilborn I said "this is fukkin gay" and tuned it out. Of course I'll watch game coverage but that's it.

I would much prefer a jjgold 1/2 hour sports report on sunday nights. That would be about right for me.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Max Kellerman is a dick,he's got a serious chip on his shoulder,hate oysters like him.

indio

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    I agree with you. Thing is, I never watched those shows so it was easy to ignore. Problem is now, I can't even go to their web page to just get scores, highlites, and actual sports news (injuires, trades, etc) without getting inundated with political commentary by osmosis.

It's not a big loss, since there are many places to get scores and clips, but I would hit ESPN.com routinely, especially for their college football scores and clips, but I can't even go to the main page now without becoming nauseous from their progressive "social consciousness".

indio

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Good that youre starting to see the light. Of course it was no big deal and whenever you see anything blown completely out of proportion and it being broadcasted over several channels, talked about, opinions being given, and a consensus to go along with it, then you know there is an agenda. This type thing comes from a hidden entity for social purposes to propel friction for the purpose of change. When they want you to think differently than youve thought your entire life they pull these stunts. They will eventually want you to rethink your constitution, to consider it archaic, to do away with it.
    Trust me, I've been very well aware of social conditioning and global internationalism and its attack on national sovereignty and liberty long before sports channels joined the fray. I've studied the mechanisms as far back as the Lusitania and the Mersey commission, the Federal Reserve system, and even the infiltration of American public education way back in the John Dewey years.

Let's just say that with ESPN being 80% owned by Disney, a Jewish run media conglomerate, and run by a top Jewish Clinton fundraiser (Bob Iger), it's no surprise that they've become another progressive cancer. Ironically, the other 20% ownership stake belongs to the Hearst Corporation, the remains of none other than William Randolph Hearst, the master media propagandist himself.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave indio 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB