xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    I'm black and I ALWAYS tip 15-20%

One time on a Friday night, there was this young black woman that came to deliver a pizza at 11:00 at night. I opened the door and she had pizza dust all over her uniform and looked exhausted. She pulled the single pizza from the bag and apologized for her hands being dirty since staff was low and she had to help make orders as well as deliver them. Said the total was $14 and gave her a $100 bill. She said she couldn't break it because she didn't have enough change. I said don't worry about it, just keep the change. She couldn't believe it and kept saying thank you.

Made her night that day.
    That was very nice of you, sir. The thread title paints every black person with a broad stroke. It's ignorant, but what can you do?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Blacks complain a lot. They ask you everything about the menu. They waste ages before they order chicken wings. I owned restaurants for years. Every restaurant I took over I tried to get rid of all black employees as well.
    Black people will barter and price haggle like a mother fukker. When you're trying to shave a few cents off the cost of a hamburger you are less apt to tip. Don't know about the employee part though. Some of the best employees I've ever had were black. Some of the worst were white.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    That was very nice of you, sir. The thread title paints every black person with a broad stroke. It's ignorant, but what can you do?
    Very true. It's very tacky to order something and not give a tip. You're just asking for someone to spit in your food the next time they see you.
    Last edited by BigBusiness; 08-28-16 at 04:09 PM.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Black people will barter and price haggle like a mother fukker. When you're trying to shave a few cents off the cost of a hamburger you are less apt to tip. Don't know about the employee part though. Some of the best employees I've ever had were black. Some of the worst were white.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kermit

teecee

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    im going to keep educating my children. white people have always done everything they can to limit black people.

By 1921, membership in the Ku Klux Klan was rapidly spreading throughout America and an active chapter had been formed in Tulsa. The riot was triggered over a Memorial Day weekend by a report The Greenwood section of Tulsa had several extremely wealthy black entrepeneurs, and was called the "Black Wallstreet" of America by some journalists. in two white newspapers that a black youth had tried to rape -- or at least assault -- a young white woman elevator operator. One of the newspapers allegedly editorialized that the youth ought to be hanged. Rumors raced through the black community that a lynch mob was planning to hang the youth. A group of armed African-American men rushed to the police station with the intention of preventing a lynching from occurring. There was no lynch mob but a confrontation developed between blacks and whites; shots were fired and some whites were killed. As the news spread throughout the city, mob violence exploded. Thousands of whites rampaged through the black community, killing men and women, burning and looting stores and homes. Some blacks claimed that policemen had joined the mob; others claimed that a machine gun was fired into the black community and a plane dropped sticks of dynamite. When the National Guard arrived, it arrested blacks rather than white rioters. Some four thousand to five thousand men and women were held in custody for several days before being released. No whites were arrested even though many of the mob members openly boasted of what they did. On May 31 and June 1, 1921, hundreds of whites led a racially motivated attack on the black community of Greenwood in Tulsa, Oklahoma, killing some 300 people, mostly blacks. The attack, carried out on the ground and by air, destroyed more than 35 blocks of the district, then the wealthiest black community in the nation. More than 800 people were admitted to hospitals and more than 6,000 black residents were arrested and detained, some for as many as eight days.
    That's the kind of story that makes me think today's youth know ZERO about oppression.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

That's the kind of story that makes me think today's youth know ZERO about oppression.
    its also the kind of story that should make white people understand blacks are one generation removed from facing serious segregation and obviously still deal w racism daily. we have not been on the same playing field as whites ever so why in the fukk are whites so quick to judge us for not having as much as white them.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

what yall dont get is i get on sbr everday for entertainment and plays. and everyday its a new thread shittin on blacks. this is what i do for FUN and i still gotta deal w this shit. white people can move around freely and dont have to worry about this type of shit. i cant even enjoy a fkn hobby lmao
    Points Awarded:

reigle9 gave blackHIPPY 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Hu$tle

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8560

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Here's an interesting story. I used to work at a pizza joint when I was 19 or so and there was an indian muslim that used to be a delivery driver there. He was the only indian guy there. One day one of the drivers asked all of the other drivers who they thought were the worst tippers. The majority said it was the indians and the indian muslim driver said "that's weird because almost every indian I deliver to always gives me a tip". And he wasn't lying either because at the end of his shifts, I would take all of his receipts to input into the system and most of the people that left him tips had indian names

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25388

what yall dont get is i get on sbr everday for entertainment and plays. and everyday its a new thread shittin on blacks. this is what i do for FUN and i still gotta deal w this shit. white people can move around freely and dont have to worry about this type of shit. i cant even enjoy a fkn hobby lmao
    you are a good guy....let's just pound the winners buddy

Mxs1332
    Mxs1332's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6872

Funny your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberry

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

Most bad tippers have never worked at a restaurant.

teecee

its also the kind of story that should make white people understand blacks are one generation removed from facing serious segregation and obviously still deal w racism daily. we have not been on the same playing field as whites ever so why in the fukk are whites so quick to judge us for not having as much as white them.
    I know you don't appreciate it when people act like all blacks are a problem. I also don't appreciate it when you say all whites are a problem. I can only control my small segment of the world. I try to treat all i encounter with respect. It is this subculture of fools who continue to try and perpetuate these divisions. Well , them and the media, which profits off of pushing racial and many other divides.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

If I was a pizza delivery driver and didn't get a tip the first time from a customer, I'd spit on their pizza the next time I had to deliver to them.

Dead serious too and I'm sure it happens all of the time.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

I know you don't appreciate it when people act like all blacks are a problem. I also don't appreciate it when you say all whites are a problem. I can only control my small segment of the world. I try to treat all i encounter with respect. It is this subculture of fools who continue to try and perpetuate these divisions. Well , them and the media, which profits off of pushing racial and many other divides.
    im just gonna be racist towards whites so they have to deal w it too.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Here's an interesting story. I used to work at a pizza joint when I was 19 or so and there was an indian muslim that used to be a delivery driver there. He was the only indian guy there. One day one of the drivers asked all of the other drivers who they thought were the worst tippers. The majority said it was the indians and the indian muslim driver said "that's weird because almost every indian I deliver to always gives me a tip". And he wasn't lying either because at the end of his shifts, I would take all of his receipts to input into the system and most of the people that left him tips had indian names
    Shitload of truth in that example...in my work in the service industry (briefly as a delivery driver and extensively running an entertainment business), I've seen that people tip (and react favorably in general) to people they like and identify with, culture, color, demeanor all play a part in that. Holds true for pretty much anything you do in life which requires human interaction: if the people you're interacting with like you, you're gonna have more success. Calling it out as discrimination or stereotypes might be technically true (if black people are the minority of customers and don't identify with majority of service industry people, most service people will see smaller tips), but ignores the underlying truth of why people discriminate and what could be done differently.

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

If I was a pizza delivery driver and didn't get a tip the first time from a customer, I'd spit on their pizza the next time I had to deliver to them.

Dead serious too and I'm sure it happens all of the time.
    No doubt it happens, and I'm sure it makes people feel better....but unless you've got some severe allergies, it ain't likely the person's going to know you spit in their food. If they don't know and aren't affected, it doesn't accomplish anything but some stress relief on your part.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

why tf would a black person give a white person a tip?

Because they gave you good service. I thought you said you overtip?

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

I knew someone that had a black friend once.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Great movie

"you got change for a hundred?"

teecee

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Shitload of truth in that example...in my work in the service industry (briefly as a delivery driver and extensively running an entertainment business), I've seen that people tip (and react favorably in general) to people they like and identify with, culture, color, demeanor all play a part in that. Holds true for pretty much anything you do in life which requires human interaction: if the people you're interacting with like you, you're gonna have more success. Calling it out as discrimination or stereotypes might be technically true (if black people are the minority of customers and don't identify with majority of service industry people, most service people will see smaller tips), but ignores the underlying truth of why people discriminate and what could be done differently.
    See, I just don't get it. I know everyone has different experiences, but I am just your average conservative white boy from a small town and I have been able to kick it with fukkin black NFL players from Broward County. Can't be any more different, but found a way to get along and didn't even really need to.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Hippy just trolling...

I remember him a few days saying he tipped well because he worked at a restaurant and his black friends didn't tip and he didn't like it

Well played

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Hippy just trolling...

I remember him a few days saying he tipped well because he worked at a restaurant and his black friends didn't tip and he didn't like it

Well played
    Hippy at my dinner and a black waitress. What should I do????

teecee

I think he's probably just messing with folks too. That's fine, he's allowed to say or do what he wants.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Hippy at my dinner and a black waitress. What should I do????
    Is she doing a good job?

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    It was insane the amount of tip money he was getting from the indian customers in the area. I remember this one indian customer gave him a $20 tip on a $40 order! The white driver said he delivers to that same guy sometimes and not only does he never tip, him but when he opens the door, he gives him a cold and nasty stare when grabbing his pizza and closing his door.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

back to OP question

the simple answer is NO

i worked restaurants too and when i started i had open mind and quickly took it as pretty much a given NO TIP

deal with it people take it how you want and be sure to go play lottery if you get tip from them cause its your lucky day

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I worked at a restaurant for a few months in college....College kids, foreigners, and black families all equal in terms of tips (mostly shit and a few good ones here and there)

Black waiters/waitresses never wanted any of these tables, even when it was black/black...they don't tip well and it's probably a cultural thing

Who cares...just don't work at a primarily black restaurant or deliver in a black area

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13152

why anyone ever responds to this OP's race baiting I'll never know

take the Jags -2

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Blacks are cheap too

So many deficiencies

CWD