RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

You would be better off making a go bag with some cash, gun, lifestraw, MRE, lighter etc etc

Antibet
    Antibet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

We are coming for you, American people.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Got approximately 6-8 month food supply right now. Do a ton of couponing. Was raised in the Mormon church where they encourage at least 6 months of food. If any one tries to get to it, I've got plenty of artillery to protect it.
    what happens when they wait until you fall asleep (not that they would have to) to come and take your food supply away from you. you and your artillery are no match for a roving band of marauders hell bent on getting your supplies.

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

i have about a year of mres if it goes longer im dead too

l7ustin
    l7ustin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2724

oh i forgot my long term plan involves gardening i have a ton of seeds so the only way i die is run out of water or someone comes and takes it. i should buy more ammo now that im thinking about it

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Told mom we needed to stock up on ramen noodles. She asked why and i said quanger said so!

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    what happens when they wait until you fall asleep (not that they would have to) to come and take your food supply away from you. you and your artillery are no match for a roving band of marauders hell bent on getting your supplies.
    I always sleep at night. My 18 and 22 year olds sleep during the day. Got a weapon in almost every room. Not too concerned.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6668

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    A machine gun takes down the marauders... But... That's the reason to start your own band of marauders.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quang your luck I do not rip your fukkin head off

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

I always sleep at night. My 18 and 22 year olds sleep during the day. Got a weapon in almost every room. Not too concerned.
    You need to take over Farmer Tim Land too. Take both his daughters for your son. Create an alliance. bam #gang #gang

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Told mom we needed to stock up on ramen noodles. She asked why and i said quanger said so!
    Ramen noodles only last 1-2 years max... Asian food is poor quality because Asian citizens in asia are not people, just statistics.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Quang your luck I do not rip your fukkin head off

unusialsusp5

Quote Originally Posted by QuangX View Post
    A machine gun takes down the marauders... But... That's the reason to start your own band of marauders.
    you'd be better off just handing over your stockpile and joining them. would be a bunch of isis like factions roaming the country fighting for survival. sleeping in shifts to protect your property is foolhardy.

unusialsusp5

remember the alamo. 143 guys and then davy crockett's arrival couldn't save them.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by l7ustin View Post
    i have about a year of mres if it goes longer im dead too
    Hopefully no ham. That shit was nasty

chico2663

Ramen noodles only last 1-2 years max... Asian food is poor quality because Asian citizens in asia are not people, just statistics.
    Dude after 2 years i think we will be cannibals. Don't you watch the walking dead or fear the dead? You got that fish thing hooked up?

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

The world's been cold and heartless and just about to end for 10s of thousands of years. Relax people.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    The world's been cold and heartless and just about to end for 10s of thousands of years. Relax people.
    This time it's for real. Just like the All-Star game.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10428

no iam in bad shape q , have nothing

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

I've got water, my sense of humor, and my A+ ability to parallel park.

That should help me.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

The world isn't just going to come to an end like those shitty movies/shows depict. What's more likely to happen is there will be some kind of massive natural disaster, like the big one in Cali or along the New Madrid fault. An EMP or other terrorist type attack on the power grid could also be used against the U.S. All this other bs, like Russia invading or a zombie apocalypse is just guys playing out fantasies in their minds. It would behoove you to prepare for a massive earthquake or an EMP attack cause those are both realistic and would severely disrupt the day to day life most Americans are used to. Both of those would be highly survivable events but there will probably be a certain percentage of unprepared people who will still parish.

That's why you want to be one of the people prepared for something like that. No need to go off the deep end and buy 100 guns and an underground bunker but you should have the basics covered. Food, water, a gun or weapon of your choice to protect yourself etc. Just basically imagine that you're going on like a 3 or 4 month long camping trip. Do you have everything you would need to survive that? If not you'll be one of the first people that dies if something serious ever goes down. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The companies that sell these "disaster packs" making a fortune on spreading fear.

Won't ever be used.

You're either going to live forever...

Or die within days.

QuangX
    QuangX's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    The world isn't just going to come to an end like those shitty movies/shows depict. What's more likely to happen is there will be some kind of massive natural disaster, like the big one in Cali or along the New Madrid fault. An EMP or other terrorist type attack on the power grid could also be used against the U.S. All this other bs, like Russia invading or a zombie apocalypse is just guys playing out fantasies in their minds. It would behoove you to prepare for a massive earthquake or an EMP attack cause those are both realistic and would severely disrupt the day to day life most Americans are used to. Both of those would be highly survivable events but there will probably be a certain percentage of unprepared people who will still parish.

That's why you want to be one of the people prepared for something like that. No need to go off the deep end and buy 100 guns and an underground bunker but you should have the basics covered. Food, water, a gun or weapon of your choice to protect yourself etc. Just basically imagine that you're going on like a 3 or 4 month long camping trip. Do you have everything you would need to survive that? If not you'll be one of the first people that dies if something serious ever goes down. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.
    Agreed. I think if a depression hit. Those food supply would help a lot.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

If you're preparing for nuclear fallout, you're going to need 6 months or more food supply.

For anything else, couple weeks worth should get you by.

And gold and silver won't help. The prices of precious metals are rated against the American dollar. If the dollar collapses, your metals are worth "more", but they're worth more dollars, which are now worthless. It's not a win.

Antibet
    Antibet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

We'll kick your ass soon, pussy American people

chico2663

I thought we were going to get hit by a pulse bomb. Oh well houston and california are supposed to fall in ocean.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    My mom has bars on all the windows and the door has steel in the framing. We have extra food but if the house catches on fire we are dead.
    steel frame door ant going to do nothing neither are those bars when a guy with a pickup truck wraps a chain around it and pulled it right out the house like a tab of a soda can

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I fell like if a big war breaks out or if we go through a depression... Most Americans would be helpless.

that would be correct. Sheep aren't prepared, they are too blind counting on their empty SSC accounts to save them... lol

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by BrickJames View Post
    steel frame door ant going to do nothing neither are those bars when a guy with a pickup truck wraps a chain around it and pulled it right out the house like a tab of a soda can
    They have to expose themselves first. Went on first hunt at 9 and owned first rifle at 11. So I think i'll be fine til ammo runs out.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

these survival filters are a must. Not necessarily this brand but it is a good one.

number 1 commodity in the world is water. They will tell you 1 and 2 are oil and coffee respectively and they are on paper. Good luck extracting oil and growing coffee plants without water.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

guys who tf wants to be alive if the world comes to this i will gladly just die

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by blackhippy View Post
    guys who tf wants to be alive if the world comes to this i will gladly just die
    this.

unusialsusp5

they want to and can take out the power grid. no physical damage to anyone or anyone's property. then watch chaos ensue. no power, no nothing. no food within a week. no communication. no cell phones. no vehicles can run. no gas can be pumped. computer won't work in car. nothing to do but forage for food and water. roving gangs will wipe out the weak. eventually taking on each other for what's left.

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Agreed. I think if a depression hit. Those food supply would help a lot.
    Very astute observation. Every generation thinks they are immune to big disasters. Yet, most generations throughout American history have lived through one. Be it a major war, famine, depression or natural disaster. Our current generation is about due for one. There's been roughly a 70-100 year gap between major depressions and wars since the founding of America. That means if the trend holds we're due for a depression soon and we should be involved in another major world war by the 2030's. Even if nothing does happen if you prep you still come out ahead. Inflation on the fiat dollar is a bitch, so the cost of food, ammo and other supplies will only continue to rise as the months progress into the future.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Most have enough fat rations to survive the winter

First 123 Last