Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Doctors are one of the few professions where we really don't challenge their advice. We just say "Well okay - my Dr. says I need it". They hook hundreds of thousands of people on drugs that they don't need and that can kill them. It's insane.
    Natural health professionals challenge doctors all the time, but the dumb masses are conditioned to dismiss them as hippies that don't know medicine.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3386

Yes, I know. But it's up to the person to know that that's not working and try something else then. I have taken painkillers as prescribed, and naturally wanted to take more, but common sense prevailed. I upped my dose but knew that if I kept going I would die. So I stopped.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

Fukk em...they quit

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Natural health professionals challenge doctors all the time, but the dumb masses are conditioned to dismiss them as hippies that don't know medicine.
    When I say "we" I mean the collective masses, not the smart people like us Ralphie.

The thing that is really tough to watch is that before the Sunshine Act, there were Pharma reps who could literally do ANYTHING to get scripts written for their drugs. Are you telling me that if a Dr has the choice between prescribing advil 800 and an Oxy he isn't going to choose the Oxy because of the golf, dinner, blowies, weekly office lunch, etc that the rep provided him? Every fukkin day they prescribe the Oxy even if it isn't the right thing to do.

If you want to watch an interesting docu on the problem check out Heroin: Cape Cod USA. It's a real eye opener.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    When I say "we" I mean the collective masses, not the smart people like us Ralphie.

The thing that is really tough to watch is that before the Sunshine Act, there were Pharma reps who could literally do ANYTHING to get scripts written for their drugs. Are you telling me that if a Dr has the choice between prescribing advil 800 and an Oxy he isn't going to choose the Oxy because of the golf, dinner, blowies, weekly office lunch, etc that the rep provided him? Every fukkin day they prescribe the Oxy even if it isn't the right thing to do.

If you want to watch an interesting docu on the problem check out Heroin: Cape Cod USA. It's a real eye opener.
    I so don't want to watch it because it will infuriate me, but I probably will, who's kidding who?

And I've waited on dozens of those private parties where the hot pharm rep woos the nerd doctors with their crap drug, and the docs, who you can tell barely ever get out much, blindly agree to it like some cult member. These docs don't even know how to order food from a set menu that only gives them two choices, as soon as they see a hot female talking to them, they'll prescribe cyanide if she asks them to, they just love the attention.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

First off , they do charge Dr's that over prescribe opiates, read the news . That's why Dr's now over react to insurance/ lawyers and get everything humanly possible before prescribing anything . MRI's , epidurals BTW, is worth than the medicine over time .
    So that's why insurance also goes up . All that costs money , someone has to pay for it .
    Secondly , it's on the person to control their intake. I've taken 4 Norco / day for 7 years ( 5 surgeries in a little over 5 years ) and wanted nothing more . It does its job , it's called self control .
    If you're looking for an endless high , "Chasing the Dragon " , yea , you'll be dead over time. But some people, like me , just want to live pain free , to which it's controllable taking 4/ day . I also know if I go stronger, that's it . It won't end as well, yet another choice I get to make on my own .
    And you'll say, it losses it's effect over time . I'll call BS , I've taken for 2000+ days and it still works for me . Every person is different but one thing is for sure .
    You control it or it controls you ?
    Your choice
    Just like food , alcohol, gambling , hell, anything in life to be honest .
    Choices , we make them daily .
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CWD

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    First off , they do charge Dr's that over prescribe opiates, read the news . That's why Dr's now over react to insurance/ lawyers and get everything humanly possible before prescribing anything . MRI's , epidurals BTW, is worth than the medicine over time .
    So that's why insurance also goes up . All that costs money , someone has to pay for it .
    Secondly , it's on the person to control their intake. I've taken 4 Norco / day for 7 years ( 5 surgeries in a little over 5 years ) and wanted nothing more . It does its job , it's called self control .
    If you're looking for an endless high , "Chasing the Dragon " , yea , you'll be dead over time. But some people, like me , just want to live pain free , to which it's controllable taking 4/ day . I also know if I go stronger, that's it . It won't end as well, yet another choice I get to make on my own .
    And you'll say, it losses it's effect over time . I'll call BS , I've taken for 2000+ days and it still works for me . Every person is different but one thing is for sure .
    You control it or it controls you ?
    Your choice
    Just like food , alcohol, gambling , hell, anything in life to be honest .
    Choices , we make them daily .

First off, props for not falling down that hole. That's the most important thing here.

But I think you're assuming that every painkiller affects everybody in the same way. And people are prone to moments of weakness, and all it takes is one and you can be drastically changed. I'd like to think I could manage it, but I'll (hopefully) never know for sure. I do feel (a little bit) for drug addicts, but way moreso for pill addicts because I never really know how they got there. Were they legit weak, or was it too much to handle without these meds that were prescribed to them by a real doctor? For some people, it's not a high, rather just not feeling like you're dying.

And I didn't know they were starting to fine docs, but it's still way too easy to get. Most docs probably weigh out the cost of fines relative to the money they're making off these things and just plow forward. Again, I'm guessing here, but what I do know for sure is that opiates are still as easy to get from a doc as they've ever been. I know three people going through this right now, and two of them were very strong-willed people before they started.

First 12