marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

is rap/hip hop the new slavery?

Music is not what it use to be, but many people hold on to the "thug life" basis behind it and take it all too seriously. Its not just a form of entertainment anymore, its a way of life now. A way of life that leads people to prison, drugs, violence and ego driven self loving/worshiping mentality. If you are smart, obey the law, work and get a job, you are a sell out or "uncle tom" If you are not acting hood then you ain't hood. You soft. You fake. You need to hustle, cheat, rebel or you aint a real n****a. Real n****as cheat the system, they dont work for the man. If you have success by any other form, you are looked at like a fool and not respected.....

heard an older black man (who look like he had a rough life and done some time) preaching to a few college age students at the donut shop this morning and that was the just of what he was saying to them. Seems valid right?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bozeman

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Music business in general is slavery ( in a sense)and been that way forever far as artists rights and way $$ is diced up. Hip hop really no different they target an audience ( lowest common denominator in their case) they know will buy and listen. If shit sells they will keep making it really that simple. Fact it's #1 brand of "music" and what's dominating tv ratings as well more an indictment on how stupid and bad our culture has become is the real scare. Blame the audience!
    Last edited by R.P. McMurphy; 03-22-16 at 09:43 AM.

Hotshotballer
    Hotshotballer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Hip/Hop is dead. Artists no longer have any worth while to say. It seems all artist across the board don't know what it means to put in work to make a quality album. The age of the 1hit wonders is here.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

2 terrible posts so far lets try for 3!

marcoloco

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    2 terrible posts so far lets try for 3!
    Well I guess we can thank you for making it 4
    Care to explain your thoughts on why the first 3 are wrong?

Hotshotballer

Yeah please explain

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I'll explain. People who don't know much about modern hip-hop talking about modern hip-hop negatively because what little bit they saw, they didn't like.

Sum it up okay?
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Ralphie Halves 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 398

Cultural pressures remove us from freedom by chastising those that achieve success. Some cultures are their own worst enemy as they would rather see their own fail so they don't feel as bad about themselves. Kind of like a drug addict getting mad a friend for getting sober.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

it will never replace the slavery known as welfare

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Rap is crap.

marcoloco

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I'll explain. People who don't know much about modern hip-hop talking about modern hip-hop negatively because what little bit they saw, they didn't like.

Sum it up okay?
    modern hip-hop hahahahah are you old enough to gamble bro? no one over the age of 20 listens to that garbage..... well unless they on welfare

marcoloco

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post

Sum it up okay?
    but I think you got it backward. The majority is just bad. Not all of it, but if you seriously like this era of music then it just shows your age.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    but I think you got it backward. The majority is just bad. Not all of it, but if you seriously like this era of music then it just shows your age.
    I'm in my late 30s, and I like some of it, yes. This isn't the early 90s, there is a TON of it out there on the interwebs, it's so diverse now, you can no longer group it all together.

That is of course, unless you're showing your age, and just doing that anyway because it's different than the stuff you used to like when you were younger.
    Points Awarded:

blackHIPPY gave Ralphie Halves 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    No if you don't like this hip hop era it shows your age bruh. You're obviously just old and out of touch but don't cast it off as bad or thug music cuz you don't understand it. You haven't even scratched the surface on hip hop today so you're just talking out of your ass. I love rap and I there's still so much new shit I'm diving into everyday.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

Guy prob don't even know what soundcloud is and wanna speak on hip hop today lol

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

And stop speaking on the black community like you know what you're talking about

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

rap is garbage nowadays outside of a few exceptions. Kendrick lamar and drake not one of them lol. Even legends like busta have turned to garbage.

No if you don't like this hip hop era it shows your age bruh. You're obviously just old and out of touch but don't cast it off as bad or thug music cuz you don't understand it. You haven't even scratched the surface on hip hop today so you're just talking out of your ass. I love rap and I there's still so much new shit I'm diving into everyday.
    talk is cheap

lets see what you have that is "new."

lol this is going to be hilarious
    Last edited by brooks85; 03-25-16 at 08:35 AM.

brooks85

aside from the established, find me someone "new" better than this nerdy white guy

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    rap is garbage nowadays outside of a few exceptions. Kendrick lamar and drake not one of them lol. Even legends like busta have turned to garbage.

talk is cheap

lets see what you have that is "new."

lol this is going to be hilarious

brooks cmon baby
    kendcrick lamar is ridiculously talented man
    im not even a huge fan of his like that but its impossible to deny hes amazing w a pen
    now im not gonna listen to that video rn cuz im at work
    but i guarantee its just some white guy rapping fast
    white ppl get enamored by the music when they hear one of theirs rapping fast and it automatically becomes this next level shit to them for reasons unknown to man

ill give you a few songs for now and you can keep telling me how hip hop is dead and "M C Chris" on the paper planez beat is hip hops only hope

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

like srlsy listen to this album which came out 2 weeks ago and tell me hip hop is dead again

Hotshotballer

First of all, rap now is just noise. We had a couple good years in the2000s but 90s is where it's at

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

Quote Originally Posted by Hotshotballer View Post
    First of all, rap now is just noise. We had a couple good years in the2000s but 90s is where it's at
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave blackHIPPY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hotshotballer

Wutang, nas, biggie, pac, big L, bug pun, fugees, I can go on and on......... I'm 26. Half of hip hip songs today and accompanied by a dance. Come on

brooks85

brooks cmon baby
    kendcrick lamar is ridiculously talented man
    im not even a huge fan of his like that but its impossible to deny hes amazing w a pen
    now im not gonna listen to that video rn cuz im at work
    but i guarantee its just some white guy rapping fast
    white ppl get enamored by the music when they hear one of theirs rapping fast and it automatically becomes this next level shit to them for reasons unknown to man

ill give you a few songs for now and you can keep telling me how hip hop is dead and "M C Chris" on the paper planez beat is hip hops only hope

Last rap song I heard that actually made me think it was something original

I just don't get what kendrick lamar is doing that is new. I got nothing to do today and just listened to a few more of his songs I haven't heard before. I'm not saying rap is dead, just nothing new going on the forefront. But I will say putting kenrick lamar and drake in the sentence was a serious insult to kendrick so I take that back lol

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

kendrick and drake.... reminds me of one of my theme songs.....

and I have indeed turned dyke bitches out, now they fukkin' boys

brooks85

^rap definitely has its torch bearers but they need to step their game up especially the music videos. How many times am I going to see the same video over and over regardless of what the song is? lol

I remember back in the 90s and 00s when music videos used to be entertaining.

now you have to rely on whatever kind of music this is for funny music videos;

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

One thing really doesn't have to do with the other.. Rap Music is not a way of life and it shouldn't define how someone is going to act or behave in society. Does some rap music influence kids negatively at times perhaps it does though..

You sure don't see thug gang members listening to classical music regularly and then going out and committing crimes.... lol

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON

Last rap song I heard that actually made me think it was something original

I just don't get what kendrick lamar is doing that is new. I got nothing to do today and just listened to a few more of his songs I haven't heard before. I'm not saying rap is dead, just nothing new going on the forefront. But I will say putting kenrick lamar and drake in the sentence was a serious insult to kendrick so I take that back lol
    kendrick is very unique he prolly will switch his sound up for every album
    yea drake and kendrick shouldnt be mentioned in the same sentence
    i love that vid you posted imo the video makes the song 100x better
    such a cool aesthetic

brooks85

^yeah, first time I've seen that video, better than the last one I saw definitely. And kendrick definitely is one of the best right now, that "alright" video is awesome. I guess growing up in the 90s 00s I expect a good song to be accompanied with a good music video. You gotta have both(for the big hits, not every song on the album). Rhianna does it better than most of the guys combined and that is just a reality.

Drake's "hotline bling" is amazing though, I'll be enjoying that one for a long time lol

rap can absolutely be a bad influence just like videogames can be also, that is why parenting is important.
    Last edited by brooks85; 03-25-16 at 10:48 AM.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    One thing really doesn't have to do with the other.. Rap Music is not a way of life and it shouldn't define how someone is going to act or behave in society. Does some rap music influence kids negatively at times perhaps it does though..

You sure don't see thug gang members listening to classical music regularly and then going out and committing crimes.... lol
    wait a fukkin' second here..... you mean I'm not supposed to 1-8-7 an undercover cop?????

oops.... my bad

Auto Donk

and brooks..... vids from back in the day weren't always that entertaining....

Exhibit A:

wow...that base player was one ugly mo fo..... and what was that shit coming out of the bottom of his hair????

Name:  kajagoogoo idiot.PNG
Views: 50
Size:  135.0 KB
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 03-25-16 at 10:55 AM.

brooks85

^maybe not but you know that song will around for a long time lol

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

When you start complaining about the music, you know you are getting old. Elvis was bad. Rolling Stones bad. 80 music was devil worship. In the 90s, I had to turn it off and listen to country. Now country is beyond crap. Can't listen to any of it anymore. It is all torture. The music of all races has been lost. Most can't even play the instruments anymore. Neither the whites nor the blacks can make music. Maybe Tejano still OK. Don't know.

Auto Donk

Drake's "hotline bling" is amazing though, I'll be enjoying that one for a long time lol
    what's not to enjoy..... he can really "dance"...... lol.....

brooks85

^thanks to drake I can "dance" now

12 Last