blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

plenty of good music from all genres still being made

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

country music has definitely copied rap music, no surprise lol. The songs and music videos have gone the same direction.

Anyone who thinks elvis, rolling stones, 80s or 90s consisted of bad music is musically insane. That is the point, the stuff going on today really is crap compared to the past. There are exceptions like adele.

I'd say since kanye in his prime and eminem no one has come close.
    Last edited by brooks85; 03-25-16 at 11:16 AM.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I thought he was impersonating me the last time I actually took a field sobriety test.....

looks like he got his rhythm from his jewish bbc lovin' canadian mom

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11839

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    When you start complaining about the music, you know you are getting old. Elvis was bad. Rolling Stones bad. 80 music was devil worship. In the 90s, I had to turn it off and listen to country. Now country is beyond crap. Can't listen to any of it anymore. It is all torture. The music of all races has been lost. Most can't even play the instruments anymore. Neither the whites nor the blacks can make music. Maybe Tejano still OK. Don't know.
    Good point..

Music has always been demonized from decade to decade to some extent.. Rock music 50's and 60's, Rock heavy metal and punk rock 70's and 80's, grunge and gangster rap 90's and 2000's, techno and rap 2010's til present...

I guess the story remains the same...

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    And stop speaking on the black community like you know what you're talking about
    I'm part black bro, grew up in the 90's all west coast but big bone thugs fan. Tried hard to get into the new age stuff, just ain't feelin it.

Think you too young to understand. The whole point of this discussion was to think beyond "a fan" of the music and look at the big picture. Read the very first post again.

Music is all preference. But 90%+ of todays is an obvious money grab.
    Last edited by marcoloco; 03-25-16 at 07:28 PM.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    When you start complaining about the music, you know you are getting old. Elvis was bad. Rolling Stones bad. 80 music was devil worship. In the 90s, I had to turn it off and listen to country. Now country is beyond crap. Can't listen to any of it anymore. It is all torture. The music of all races has been lost. Most can't even play the instruments anymore.
    There is a lot of truth in this. I think the older and more mature we get the easier it is to filter through the bs.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Mozart, Vivaldi, Bach. Old school.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave smitch124 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Not gonna pretend like I know what's up with new hip hop now. Truth is in my late 30's and more into rock/metal always have been. But yeah I was there in the formation with Dmc, Beasties, 2 Short , Nwa , Ghettoboys, Ice muthafukkin T and all the real shit. Fact is it no longer holds a msg or means anything on real front. But it's not just a hip hop thing , cuntry, or rock deal....Fact is if you are part of the "establishment" and a slave for the man with nothing then you are indeed a bitch!!! Goes for all walks of music now days and has for years not just rap. Bottom line if you are not top 40 these days ....most likely you're a bitch and take in ass from record execs. It's just a fact people!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

How on fukking earth I forgot "The Man" Chuck D top 5 all time real poet. Listen to some real shit kids for all you 20 year old , participants trophy winning pussies. Public Enemy fear of a black planet!! Yes Chuck is a god!!!

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

discovered this guy recently. He understands the music video element of it. His first video is solid too, parody of sandlot.

First 12