titanium777
    titanium777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3910

Anyone here had their Wisdom Teeth taking out?

Next week i'm going in for wisdom extraction. It's only the top side, but not going to be put under with drugs (just numbed gums). Has anyone here had their teeth extracted while awake? Any tips/tricks?

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

I've had all of mine out but I was fully under. Once the initial painkillers had worn off the day after was terrible prolonged pain.
    I should have taken more painkillers.

That being said one of my friends had his out this week and he wasn't fully under for it. He stocked up on painkillers and it wasn't too bad for him at all.

Moral of the story is, whether you are fully under or not for it make sure you have sufficient painkillers for the next two-three days.

Artizan
    Artizan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

I also had this experience last week. Can't imagine if it is possible to take out wisdom teeth without being under drugs - no way for me. I will not forget the pain and those strange sensations after extraction. However I tried to resist without painkillers, I am strong

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

getting your wisdom teeth pulled can be a scam just like circumcision. It is easy to fall for when you're 18 and a dentist tells you to get it done but he could be lying. All about money. Not saying every dentist is a liar or that you don't need it but unless they are growing in wrong there is NO need to get them pulled.

That is intense you're getting yours pulled without going under, I didn't know they would even do that.
    Last edited by brooks85; 03-19-16 at 08:33 AM.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Had all 4 done at the same time while awake... I'll tell you this much: your tolerance for pain will increase ten-fold.

Nothing else compares to how much pain you are about to feel, except maybe herniating a disc in your back. I've done that too.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

had all 4 cut out when I was younger, had bout 4-6 stitches in each spot, changing out a mouthful bloody gauze every hour for half the day. I got put to sleep. Still went to work 3rd shift that night. And was at the bar at 6am after work, drinking beer n smoking n popping pills. Oh, to be young again.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22707

From health care experience. Do all 4. Tops are easy. The bottom teeth suck. Dont go thru it twice

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

I think I was about 23-24, dentist said all 4_were growing wrong, I think the tops had barely broke surface, but we're growing into the molars, and the bottoms hadn't broke surface, were growing kinda sideways, and were eventually going to cause problems, or so the dentist said. He referred me to a oral surgeon, got knocked out, woke up stuffed with gauze, went on about my day.
    I just remember the cost(billed to my insurance) being around a grand, insurance paid for everything, except the bib with the lil chain and latex gloves. I remember getting an itemized bill from the surgeon office for those miscellaneous things, it was like 17-18 bucks. I was thinking, hell I can buy a box of a 1000 gloves and box/case of bibs for that price.

titanium777
    titanium777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3910

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    getting your wisdom teeth pulled can be a scam just like circumcision. It is easy to fall for when you're 18 and a dentist tells you to get it done but he could be lying. All about money. Not saying every dentist is a liar or that you don't need it but unless they are growing in wrong there is NO need to get them pulled.

That is intense you're getting yours pulled without going under, I didn't know they would even do that.
    I need to get out at least my right side, as it's causing alot of pain and pressure erupting into my gums.
    Wish me luck fellas!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by titanium777 View Post
    Next week i'm going in for wisdom extraction. It's only the top side, but not going to be put under with drugs (just numbed gums). Has anyone here had their teeth extracted while awake? Any tips/tricks?
    Top wisdoms are the easiest. The bottom 2 are the hardest (from what others have told me.) I wasn't put under either.... just numbed up. They popped right out. I might of taken an over the counter Advil the day after... but that was it. Don't recall any major discomfort. You should be ok.

I was actually born without bottom wisdom teeth.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Your dentist should prescribe you strong painkillers otherwise it's going to be a tough week.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Man dentists must be crap in the US.

When I saw the title was going to post, don't worry it's nothing. I've got a small jaw and too many teeth and have had 12 pulled out in total. Including wisdom teeth. Most with just local anesthetic.

Wisdom teeth area might be a little sensitive and just feel weird for a few days but you wont be in pain if it's just a straightforward operation. Certainly not whilst sitting in the chair. Feels weird having someone wrench on your tooth with pliers of course but zero pain.

These guys are just trying to freak you out I think!

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Brooksy's right, it's a scam. They tried that with me when I was a kid. I said no. They came in fine. A little
    skin over one of them for awhile that hurt when biting, but other than that, a grand saved.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

had mine done while still in high school

was put under

I wanted the top and bottom done at same time

I don't recall any major pain/swelling or issues

you should be fine

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Man dentists must be crap in the US.

When I saw the title was going to post, don't worry it's nothing. I've got a small jaw and too many teeth and have had 12 pulled out in total. Including wisdom teeth. Most with just local anesthetic.

Wisdom teeth area might be a little sensitive and just feel weird for a few days but you wont be in pain if it's just a straightforward operation. Certainly not whilst sitting in the chair. Feels weird having someone wrench on your tooth with pliers of course but zero pain.

These guys are just trying to freak you out I think!

Lol, I wish I experienced zero pain! Mine did not come out easy, and the dentist had to yank so hard to get them out my neck and jaw were locked for about a week. I had to pry my mouth open with my hand to get a tooth brush in there.

I'd like to know where you can go to get wisdom teeth extracted without pain, because they would either have to a) put you into a medically induced coma for a few weeks, or b) hop you up on hardcore painkillers.

My older sister went under at the hospital to have hers done, and she was still in tears from the pain afterwards.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by titanium777 View Post
    I don't like being under either... Just tell your dentist the method you want, that you want to stay awake, and is there some type of pain med you can take that day for the visit, then novacaine,

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Quote Originally Posted by OTL View Post

Lol, I wish I experienced zero pain! Mine did not come out easy, and the dentist had to yank so hard to get them out my neck and jaw were locked for about a week. I had to pry my mouth open with my hand to get a tooth brush in there.

I'd like to know where you can go to get wisdom teeth extracted without pain, because they would either have to a) put you into a medically induced coma for a few weeks, or b) hop you up on hardcore painkillers.

My older sister went under at the hospital to have hers done, and she was still in tears from the pain afterwards.
    I guess there must be different issues that makes some worse. But I had my lower wisdom teeth done in a dentist surgery with the anesthetic that makes you really dopey but doesnt knock you fully out like a general. One of them had to be sawn in quarters to get out and had stitches in gums. Wisdom teeth were the worst but I found it pretty simple and not too much pain afterward.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22707

As a farm boy. Been kicked in the nuts by a cow. Cut my thumb off driving a fence post. But it all boils down to 2 things. Your genetics are your teeth easy to pull or hard. And does pulling a band aid hurt. Good luck suck it up and rub some dirt on it

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

I walked out the same way i walked in while my sister got hers done same time was swollen like a balloon for days. Had to take Vicodin and shyt lol

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Depends if the teeth are impacted or not...if they're not then normally they come out pretty easily with hopefully no stitches and you just need to do the preventive stuff so you don't get "dry socket". If they're impacted, then it gets a little tougher...and pain is involved

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Depends if the teeth are impacted or not...if they're not then normally they come out pretty easily with hopefully no stitches and you just need to do the preventive stuff so you don't get "dry socket". If they're impacted, then it gets a little tougher...and pain is involved
    This is true.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

OP whatever you do DO NOT get a infection after the operation.

I made that mistake and lets just say the level of pain i went through is worse than a mother giving birth naturally (as has been testament by a mother who's been through both)...

I'll never go through that level of prolonged pain again. Couldnt stop crying in pain after the anaesthetic from the tubing sown into the inside of my cheek to allow the puss to drain from my cheeks wore off...

Warm salty water OP and lots of it...

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I was actually born without bottom wisdom teeth.
    well, that explains the lack of wisdom from the majority of your posts

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    I walked out the same way i walked in while my sister got hers done same time was swollen like a balloon for days. Had to take Vicodin and shyt lol
    only difference in your procedures is the dentist didn't skull fuk you like he did her once she was put under.....

Snoman
    Snoman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3828

Man get put under, makes it into a cakewalk. You start huffing the gas and what feels like 10 seconds later, you wake up and all done.