TheTrumpCard
    TheTrumpCard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Great read MU

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

haven't read the article yet, but have always set forth the proposition that all rifles are "assault" weapons.....

as for "mean"/bad ass looking military style weapons with bayonet attachments and all the other bullshit that they used to define "assault" weapons for purposes of banning them (most of which had little to do with the lethality of the weapons involved), the focus of the liberals has always been misplaced.

I own several rifles that are far more deadly, more accurate, more powerful, etc., than any so-called "assault weapon" that the liberals had put on their original list, and the list they'd like to ban now....

my Remington 7mm mag has a bullet and casing that is twice the nearly twice the size of an 87 grain .223 caliber bullet, which most "assault weapons" are calibered for.... Bigger bullet, longer range generally, particularly when I'm firing it while looking through a leupold 3x9 variable scope....

No person in their right mind would prefer to be shot with my 7 mag instead of a less accurate, .223 caliber assault weapon....

all weapons are made to assault, whether it be targets, animals, or other humans

Auto Donk

read the article, it pretty much states what I have known for years, being an avid gun owner/hunter....

Handgun Control Inc. authored in house memos about its desire to confuse/obfuscate the "automatic"/semi-automatic confusion among most people who don't own or know much about guns.... I have a dozen "semi-automatics," and used to laff my ass off when the liberal media tried to interchange fully auto/semi-auto rhetoric.....

there was a time (hell, it may still exist for all I know), where "semi-automatic" became the problem and evil that must be banned!

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    haven't read the article yet, but have always set forth the proposition that all rifles are "assault" weapons.....

as for "mean"/bad ass looking military style weapons with bayonet attachments and all the other bullshit that they used to define "assault" weapons for purposes of banning them (most of which had little to do with the lethality of the weapons involved), the focus of the liberals has always been misplaced.

I own several rifles that are far more deadly, more accurate, more powerful, etc., than any so-called "assault weapon" that the liberals had put on their original list, and the list they'd like to ban now....

my Remington 7mm mag has a bullet and casing that is twice the nearly twice the size of an 87 grain .223 caliber bullet, which most "assault weapons" are calibered for.... Bigger bullet, longer range generally, particularly when I'm firing it while looking through a leupold 3x9 variable scope....

No person in their right mind would prefer to be shot with my 7 mag instead of a less accurate, .223 caliber assault weapon....

all weapons are made to assault, whether it be targets, animals, or other humans
    Yeah well my tube fed, open sighted, bolt action 22LR JC Higgins can take an eye out at 100 yds.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Yeah well my tube fed, open sighted, bolt action 22LR JC Higgins can take an eye out at 100 yds.
    nice.... open site accuracy on a .22 lr isn't always the greatest.... longest shot I made last year on a cottontail was a 75 yarder with my trusty remington automatic, no scope on that badboy either......

"whoops! I guess I shouldn't say "automatic"! It seems "semi-automatic" is the "proper" term nowadays.....

rkelley, you probably remember that how, growing up, no one used the term "semi-automatic".... our winchester and remington shotguns were either "pump" or "automatic".... there was no need to inject the word "semi" into the equation, as everyone knew what the penetrate they were and meant.

All that changed when James Brady took a bullet for Reagan.... The deliberate confusion on the automatic/semi-automatic issue created by anti-gun nuts, particularly Sarah Brady, is part of the primary reason even so-called "reasonable" limitations pertaining to guns don't stand a chance of being implemented.

You give these nuts an inch, they'll try to take a mile....

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

We used the term semi.

I always wanted scopes on my guns but with their action, I would need special mounts, so I just got good with
    open sights instead. My deer on the wall were shot with a 30 30 4 round clip, bolt action open site Savage.
    My hunts are a max of 100 yards. Yours are probably 3 times that.

Exactly, a gun is the same as any other weapon. It's the person who is responsible for causing the carnage.