Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

VICE interview with Martin Shkreli. I knew there was another side to all of this..

Any time the media goes this far over the line trying to put devil horns on a guy, to where they've gotten all the way down to cherry-picking facial expressions, my BS meter goes off, and I want to get the other side.

The whole thing is still up for debate, but before you form a real opinion on this, you should know the reasoning behind it all too. It will surprise you.

Now was he being completely honest and sincere? It seemed like he really was, but we'll probably never know. The **-Tang thing was pretty douchey, but as a capitalist, I at least get it.

Did the media sensationalize the F out of this whole thing? Turns out they really did. Definitely no surprise there.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

This is why I always enjoy your posts, Ralphie. I'm undecided, but I always say, "Question everything. But don't DENY everything."

TheTrumpCard
    TheTrumpCard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

This guy Jewish?

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

stupid fck....

there's a saying, pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

this stupid punk could have done like pfizer, and just raised the price by a 2x factor, maybe 3-4, and it wouldn't have raised an eyebrow....

but, he had to be a hog, and raise it 5000% or whatever he did.....

and he did it with regard to a drug that many people were on and need to have to stay alive......

have no empathy for this prick

you can see it in his lifestyle, as well, fk'n extravagant wines he really knows nothing about, just to say he has it. No doubt this prick wouldn't know the difference in a $2000.00 per bottle and a good $45 per bottle wine.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    stupid fck....

there's a saying, pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

this stupid punk could have done like pfizer, and just raised the price by a 2x factor, maybe 3-4, and it wouldn't have raised an eyebrow....

but, he had to be a hog, and raise it 5000% or whatever he did.....

and he did it with regard to a drug that many people were on and need to have to stay alive......

have no empathy for this prick

you can see it in his lifestyle, as well, fk'n extravagant wines he really knows nothing about, just to say he has it. No doubt this prick wouldn't know the difference in a $2000.00 per bottle and a good $45 per bottle wine.
    From what I got, Pfizer does raise the price on most drugs, but they never said by how much. And he's just (saying at least) that he's sticking it to the big retail and insurance companies, while still selling it to the govt for cheap, and the individual for next to nothing. 6 and 8 minute mark if you want to hear it again. And he said anyone who needs the drug (and there aren't that many people) can contact him and get it for free, 60-80% of people who need it do, which the media NEVER mentioned of course. The acquisition cost was high, so it wasn't cost effective to not gouge somebody, so why not big corps?

As far as the status goods, he's no different than any other insecure guy with money. Just like young goombas back east that drive a Cadillac to show everyone they've "made it", even though they don't appreciate what the car can do, and those guys aren't even doing that well. Same shit.

The whole media story was just so one-sided to me, I really wanted to see the other.

Donk, are you seeing anything else that we're not here? Interested to hear a lawyer's take.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

He definitely got the royal "screw you" slant from the media but I've met him several times and he is really a douchebag.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrumpCard View Post
    This guy Jewish?
    haha, of course

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrumpCard View Post
    This guy Jewish?
    he's Albanian Catholic

Wallnuts
    Wallnuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1135

"Do you always use the Sicilian defense?"LOL

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

i actly really did think he was a prick before this but watching this and listening i can see how he gets misunderstood and see what hes trying to do.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I haven't watched this yet but most people have no idea about how drug pricing, rebates, and formularies even work.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by SBRMAN23 View Post
    i actly really did think he was a prick before this but watching this and listening i can see how he gets misunderstood and see what hes trying to do.
    Get mega rich?

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Get mega rich?
    We all would if we could. Not everyone can.