megamillionslose
    megamillionslose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3740

FOCK da FBI! Apple shouldn't risk customers security to help

Google,Facebook & Microsoft could be next! http://gizmodo.com/why-you-should-ca...fbi-1759639200

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Couldn't disagree with you more.

You just compared TERRORISTS to customers.

BIIIIIIIIIGGG difference pal

megamillionslose

I ain't afraid of terrorists in the USA! I'm more likely to get killed by a mentally unstable American with a weapon. While all the candy asses are screaming & desperately running for cover i'll be the only one running toward the moron trying to disarm them!
    Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    Couldn't disagree with you more.

You just compared TERRORISTS to customers.

BIIIIIIIIIGGG difference pal

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

I'm a lil baffled by all the uproar over this Apple ruling. Apple just makes the device. ATT, Verizon, Sprint, Cricket, etc., provide the service. If the powers that be want to know who one is calling, or who called a select person, or texted, heck even browser traffic, url's visited(even if it's proxies), ALL the powers that be have to do is play Trump card wit the patriot act, and supena cellular records. That should be enough to piece together whatever zhit they might be looking for.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

I get why Alple wont do this as it would in effect create a 'master key' that could unlock any apple and android phone. Thus the aecurity of your phone could NEVER be guaranteed...

But if the fbi are so concerned then surely they would send the phone off to apple, have apple unlock it and send it the unlocked phone back to the fbi??

Something doesn't smell right here...

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10542

FBI is asking the wrong people to unlock. Hackers in this case, are the FBI's friend.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    I get why Alple wont do this as it would in effect create a 'master key' that could unlock any apple and android phone. Thus the aecurity of your phone could NEVER be guaranteed...

But if the fbi are so concerned then surely they would send the phone off to apple, have apple unlock it and send it the unlocked phone back to the fbi??

Something doesn't smell right here...
    If the FBI get the keys to understanding the encryption of the phone, it's because they want to be able to track people's info in the future.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Well, this would be the best solution or something of this nature. I agree you can't hand over the keys so to speak to the gov't.

megamillionslose

Female Body Inspectors royally FOCKED up!

That's why the geniuses desperately need Apple's help now! P.S. Wonder if the guy's name was either Larry,Curly or Moe? http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-c...d-reset-2016-2

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Apple should not, and will not, concede here. The feds are asking for backdoors built into future devices basically, which can be easily exploited. Huge deal if it happened so hope it won't.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Turns out a simple software program is all thats needed to unlock these phones...

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Turns out a simple software program is all thats needed to unlock these phones...
    Yup and the county of San Bernardino could have installed it for $4/month since it was a business phone that belongs to them not the alleged shooter. There is no way Apple should give the govt a backdoor to use to hack into any phone they want. If anything let Apple unlock the phone for FBI and give it to them unlocked but not the coding used to unlock it.

megamillionslose

Might as well make it a baker's dozen!

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Anyone believe that the FBI figured it out on their own??? No chance.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

well seems like FBI got the issue solved by hiring a private hacker to crack the codes - read on russian news