Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    while that may be true, its evident u have no fukkin clue since you made a dumbass thread.

study up higgs boson, god particle, super string theory

its not a matter of if the big bang happened, its who/what/why/how gave string theory its equation
    I have no clue about what? String Theory? That's not even what this thread is about. Is your postulation "String Theory, therefore Big Bang Theory?" Are you just going to throw out keywords from the realm of science and physics and call it a day?

Furthermore, you're the bozo that tried to use "string theory" as a verb, i.e......

Rudy Ruetigger: Do you even string theory?

Clown #2: Yes, I string theory several times a week, sometimes with a partner... the stringier the better.

"It's not a matter of if?" Really? Maybe you should recheck your definition of the word theory then, that is, unless you're sitting on the end-all be-all breakthrough revelation that will rewrite the science textbooks as we know it, and forge a brand new paradigm for all mankind from this day forward.

Science has a long history of being wrong... the earth is flat, no wait, it's round. The earth is the hub of our solar system, no wait, let's go with the heliocentric model. Pluto is a planet, no wait, it's a crumb from God's dinner table.

The fact of the matter is, when science can't come up with an answer... the do anyways. That's the BBT in a nutshell.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 02-17-16 at 05:36 PM.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

When was the last time the weatherman was wrong? Who even watches a weatherman?

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    ...For instance, "Let there be... Douchebags" and just like that, BigdaddyHQ materialized from the ether and joined SBR from his bunk bed at the asylum.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    you're an absolute troll and if this were on a more reputable site like reddit you would get eviscerated. There's enough scientific evidence to support the big bang. If youre too ignorant to read or understand it that's another thing. You're also comparing meteorologists to the people who are smart enough to send a space probe to Pluto. No comparison.
    So you've convinced yourself you're smart simply because you subscribe to the BBT? Is that like some kind of daily affirmation?

If you've got such a firm grasp on the concept, you're more than welcome to lay it out for the rest of us in lay terms.

Does being smart enough to send a space probe to Pluto qualify one to speak with absolute authority on how the universe began? That's an enormous leap. I guess building a birdhouse out of popsicle sticks makes me Lloyd Wright then, correct?

Disparaging meteorologists does nothing in your support of the BBT. The point is, humanity and all it's various fields of endeavor, have worked tirelessly to push the boundaries of what we know about the world around us and beyond. Experts, in their respective vocations, more or less has access to the same information and resources as their contemporaries.

That being said, if nailing a weather forecast proves to be hit-an-miss at this stage of our evolution, what are the chances we've unraveled the mystery of the universe's origins?

You assert that the intelligence of the individuals involved is to blame for the discrepancy, and to that I say, let's see a scientist deliver the weather then. Hell, I reckon he could forecast the temperature at noon, in Billings, Montana, a hundred years from now, with razor precision, without breaking a sweat. After cracking that whole big bang mess, the 100 year forecast should be a picnic by comparison.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Eddy has come out to play. It's best to set back and enjoy; it only happens once a quarter. Right or wrong, eddy will bury you with his words.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

man this cat is full of sh!t

how can anyone take a guy serious that believes human beings are the reason the universe exists? we are meaningless. billions upon billions of stars/planets and a life span of a few trillion years all to witness the greatness that is mankind on this rock that in the end will be measured in the thousands...

and don't point human history or art like it is has been intellectual and loving. how does he leave out stalin or hitler or pol pot?

fukk this guy

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28935

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    Terrance McKenna wasn't a scientist. There's a clip of him explaining how apes smoked mushrooms and this doubled the brain size to what we have now. He clearly didn't understand how evolution worked.

Also there is heavy math and people much smarter than all of us combined working on these problems of the universe. If you think you are as smart as any of these people you are a fool.

Apes smoking mushrooms???
    C'mon, Vodka.
    You're referring to the Stoned Ape Theory.
    McKenna's idea is they ate them by accident digging for bugs/larvae under piles of dung.

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    well, i smoked some dro mixed with hallucinogens a couple of times, and it definitely expanded my brain, so there may be some meat on this bone.... made me the smartest, most insightful guy in the room for sure.......

well, that wasn't much of a bar to clear, as there was only one other guy there (and two hot babes, one of whom is now my wife), and best I can remember the guy had morphed into some type of reptilian creature, and the babes were dressed in lingerie and only wanted sex......

I'm serious, the other three of us all saw the same thing in this guy.... he started flickin' his tongue like a serpent, and his eyes looked very lizard-like....

I think hallucinogens can send you in one of two directions, either up the evolutionary chain (as it did with me), or down it, as it did with Lizard Man
    Sounds like an interesting story

First 12