So gentlemen and some ladies lol.

What are your hard drinks of choice?

My personal Top 5:

Bombay Gin

Honey Dewers

Grey Goose

Maker's Mark

Honey Jack

Honorable mentions: crown royal, southern comfort, Remy Martin XO, Jameson.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Honey Jack
    Jameson
    Makers
    Crown

Haven't drank Vodka in ages. Drink more wine than hard liquor now while at home. Drink tequilla, but not sure what kind as the wife makes those drinks, something with fresh orange juice/lemons/limes/agave/who knows what.

Only drink Honey Jack with 1 pint of smith forge hard cider, 2-3 shots of honey jack and half lemon squeezed into the glass. Nice way to start off the evening if your intent is to get a nice buzz going.

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR
    zizoudane10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

bombay sapphire gin
    tres generacions anejo tequila
    blanton's single barrel bourbon
    macallan 17 yr old scotch
    grey goose vodka

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1712

As an irish guy, Jameson

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Name:  is.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  9.6 KB
    Stuff taste pretty good you can buy it in Publix now
    the favored stuff taste good also
    THIS IS HOW WE MAKE THE MOONSHINE!!!!

I watch the show so I gave it a try

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5614
    Last edited by Swinging Johnson; 02-03-16 at 01:39 PM.

aston
    aston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3658

18 year gibsons

grey goose

maple crown

patron

southern comfort

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

boyd and blair
    tullamore dew
    jameson
    ketel one
    makers mark 46

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8468

RickyRoma
    RickyRoma's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

Never had Don Julio. Gotta make that my next move soon.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8468

Quote Originally Posted by RickyRoma View Post
    Never had Don Julio. Gotta make that my next move soon.
    that or Patron are great. I didn't wanna put 2 tequilas in the list.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16685

Seagrams Escapes

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Lagavulin 16. Diesal fuel smokey nectar of the gods.

Absolute Mango

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by zizoudane10 View Post
    Other than that, a good whisky (not the cheap shit...) or a nice Obstler is always welcome. Sherry of course is always a great choice as well!

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Jager
    Jager
    Jager
    Jager
    Don Julio

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16685

Shirley Temples underrated

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Patron
    Ciroc

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

St Remy

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Congac

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Ciroc amaretto
    ciroc apple
    ciroc peach
    jager
    goldshlager

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

A nice shot of Jack Daniels every now & then never seems to be a bad idea...

zizoudane10
    SPECIAL MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by chipper View Post
    A nice shot of Jack Daniels every now & then never seems to be a bad idea...
    Not judging or anything, everybody has his own taste of course.
    But: Jack Daniels, Johnny Walker, Jim Beam etc., just don't do it for me. Don't get me wrong, they are not bad or anything. But one of the reasons I'm a little whisky fetishist so to say is, that I want to taste something. Getting drunk is an effect (that can be nice sometimes of course), but it is not the reason I drink whisky etc. I once heard the comparison, that Jack Daniels is the vodka of whiskys. imo, that is kind of true --> you drink it, it is okay, sometimes even good, but nothing that gives me the special something. For me Jack Daniels is the kind of thing you use to mix, drinking it pure is just not worth it for me. When it comes to whisky, I enjoy the different sensations: turf, smoke, tastes of sherry in it, salty, grassy, oily, fruity, honey, oak, citrus, vanilla, etc etc etc. I have tasted a whole lot of whiskys that I didn't like, but because they had a taste I didn't particularly like. Doesn't mean they are bad whiskys, just not my taste. And that's the thing, why I don't like Jack Daniels and co; for me, they have nothing special (good or bad). You can drink them, and they are ok and that's it. It's like alcohol with water and a little sweetness and that's it. But when you drink a (for example) Highland Park 18 years, you either LOVE it or HATE it. And that's a thing I like very much. When it comes to Jack Daniels, there is nothing to hate, but nothing to love as well. It is basically an alcoholic drink and that's it.
    But I feel the same when talking about cars, watches etc for example. I bought a Mini last week as a 2nd car to have some fun with. Now there are a lot of guys that HATE this car, but others LOVE it. There is not much inbetween. Look at the Citroen Cactus: IMO it is a goddamn ugly car. And I LIKE that, because at least I have an opinion about it. Now give me the VW Passat and I have basically no opinion about it because it has nothing special to it. The 1st Renault Twingo was a genius car, because it was really special and something that couldn't be compared to any other car. Now the newer models of the Twingo are something you see from a lot of companies. You could take the Renault sign off and put a Mazda (or whatever) sign on it and people wouldn't notice.
    But again: tastes are different and it's good that they are
    (And I agree of course: it is not a BAD idea at all, just not a GOOD idea for ME personally )

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Macallan 18 year+
    Glenlivet 12 year+
    Alberta Premium Dark Horse (ridiculously good for the money)
    Jameson
    Baily's

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Bombay Sapphire
    12 year Red Breast
    Jack Daniels
    Titos
    Captain Morgan

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Remy martin cognac
    Courvoisier cognac
    Grey goose
    Crown royal reserve
    Johnnie Walker blue

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

But: Jack Daniels, Johnny Walker, Jim Beam etc., just don't do it for me. Don't get me wrong, they are not bad or anything. But one of the reasons I'm a little whisky fetishist so to say is, that I want to taste something. Getting drunk is an effect (that can be nice sometimes of course), but it is not the reason I drink whisky etc. I once heard the comparison, that Jack Daniels is the vodka of whiskys. imo, that is kind of true --> you drink it, it is okay, sometimes even good, but nothing that gives me the special something. For me Jack Daniels is the kind of thing you use to mix, drinking it pure is just not worth it for me. When it comes to whisky, I enjoy the different sensations: turf, smoke, tastes of sherry in it, salty, grassy, oily, fruity, honey, oak, citrus, vanilla, etc etc etc. I have tasted a whole lot of whiskys that I didn't like, but because they had a taste I didn't particularly like. Doesn't mean they are bad whiskys, just not my taste. And that's the thing, why I don't like Jack Daniels and co; for me, they have nothing special (good or bad). You can drink them, and they are ok and that's it. It's like alcohol with water and a little sweetness and that's it. But when you drink a (for example) Highland Park 18 years, you either LOVE it or HATE it. And that's a thing I like very much. When it comes to Jack Daniels, there is nothing to hate, but nothing to love as well. It is basically an alcoholic drink and that's it.
    But I feel the same when talking about cars, watches etc for example. I bought a Mini last week as a 2nd car to have some fun with. Now there are a lot of guys that HATE this car, but others LOVE it. There is not much inbetween. Look at the Citroen Cactus: IMO it is a goddamn ugly car. And I LIKE that, because at least I have an opinion about it. Now give me the VW Passat and I have basically no opinion about it because it has nothing special to it. The 1st Renault Twingo was a genius car, because it was really special and something that couldn't be compared to any other car. Now the newer models of the Twingo are something you see from a lot of companies. You could take the Renault sign off and put a Mazda (or whatever) sign on it and people wouldn't notice.
    (And I agree of course: it is not a BAD idea at all, just not a GOOD idea for ME personally )
    No need to sugar-coat it zizou, you're right.

It's all subjective yeah, but there's a reason certain whiskeys are more prized than others. If you're able to slow down and really get into the good ones, it's really hard to go back. There are some great craft American whiskeys that are not widely available, but keep an eye out for brands like Hudson, Stranahan's and Westland's if you can ever manage to get it out there. Japan and India believe it or not have some killer versions.

George Dickel the the one I have on the shelf though. Nobody I know from Tennessee drinks Jack, they all drink GD.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Too old and experienced to have favorites. Whatever vodka is wherever I am. I personally buy Absolut. Drink Grey Goose at Harrah's.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Whistle pig has a good distinct flavor. Not the cheapest but I'm a fan.