The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntFather View Post
    Just watch what the real doctor tells you on post #28. He's done open heart surgery and bypass surgeries for years on people. He's drawn peoples blood for decades. You're going to tell me you know more than this doctor on how much protein your body needs?

It's a proven fact that USA is #1 in the world in Osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is caused by the over consumption of protein; which protein is not all important for your body like you think it is and how USA has the public fooled that you need it so badly. The human body CAN'T store over 30 GRAMS of protein a day. If you take in more than this daily, you are slowing dissolving your bones with all the Arachidonic Acid that is in all animal protein.

Also, please watch "FORKS OVER KNIVES" on Netflix. It will change your life. It has 2 Doctors (1 from Yale and 1 from Cornell) that explain how meat is the #1 Cause of Cancer in the world.
    Ah, the appeal to authority fallacy

Ask 10 different CT surgeons their opinion about nutrition and CAD, and you'll get 10 different answers.

Gotta be careful with your assumptions

And some of the worst practicing physicians I have ever worked with came from Ivy league schools

icecapper
    icecapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 394

3 years vegan for non ethical reasons. Have fun with the heart disease/cancer chumps. Couple docs to watch Forks over Knives and Cowspiracy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheAntFather

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Also check out Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Dr. Michael Greger, Dr. Neal Barnard and T. Colin Campbell. Read the books they've written and watch their documentaries and speeches, free on YouTube. These people are a wealth of knowledge with hoards of scientific and clinical research backing their claims. I had my 10 year high school reunion this past summer and I was literally the only person out like 500 people who wasn't overweight/obese, balding or otherwise had some kind of health problem. I was shocked at how many people from my class already had cancer or diabetes and these are people in their 20's! Of course I was the only Vegan there. Hmm that's interesting isn't it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheAntFather

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by icecapper View Post
    3 years vegan for non ethical reasons. Have fun with the heart disease/cancer chumps. Couple docs to watch Forks over Knives and Cowspiracy.
    Exactly, you try and help people out and it seems like they don't want it. Unreal. Oh well, their loss. I'll be sitting over here healthy anyways.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    Also check out Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Dr. Michael Greger, Dr. Neal Barnard and T. Colin Campbell. Read the books they've written and watch their documentaries and speeches, free on YouTube. These people are a wealth of knowledge with hoards of scientific and clinical research backing their claims. I had my 10 year high school reunion this past summer and I was literally the only person out like 500 people who wasn't overweight/obese, balding or otherwise had some kind of health problem. I was shocked at how many people from my class already had cancer or diabetes and these are people in their 20's! Of course I was the only Vegan there. Hmm that's interesting isn't it.
    Very interesting. I'm 34 and most my family and friends I know have health problems, receding hairlines, balding, cardiovascular disease and cancer. I tell some people I have not seen in a while my age, and they tell me to shut up, that I look 24 or 25. They ask me what's my secret, I tell them don't eat meat, and all they do is roll their eyes at me like that's not an option.

I have no receding hairline. I never get sick. I haven't been to the doctor in over the 16 years Iv'e been Vegan. My skin is glowing and I look healthy like if I was still in college. It's also an added bonus to get plenty of stares from college women, and when they ask me my age, I show them my ID and that really gets them.

The Kraken

Exactly, you try and help people out and it seems like they don't want it. Unreal. Oh well, their loss. I'll be sitting over here healthy anyways.
    You simply don't understand what you're not understanding

A few generations before us, our grandparents had meat at every meal, 3 times a day and 7 days a week. Their incidence of CAD was unbelievably lower than ours. There are other factors to consider here, but it shows that meat may not be the culprit as you want to make it out to be.

My advice, don't be so sure you know anything. Because by the sound of it, you've simply bought into a niche belief. I think it's prudent that all diets should be based on plants and vegetables, but there is also no reason to eliminate meat from your diet UNLESS you simply feel better without it. If that's the case, then by all means, be a vegetarian, or a be a vegan.

But just because you've bought into something doesn't make it more so, you simply over believe. It's common
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave The Kraken 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken

Very interesting. I'm 34 and most my family and friends I know have health problems, receding hairlines, balding, cardiovascular disease and cancer. I tell some people I have not seen in a while my age, and they tell me to shut up, that I look 24 or 25. They ask me what's my secret, I tell them don't eat meat, and all they do is roll their eyes at me like that's not an option.

I have no receding hairline. I never get sick. I haven't been to the doctor in over the 16 years Iv'e been Vegan. My skin is glowing and I look healthy like if I was still in college. It's also an added bonus to get plenty of stares from college women, and when they ask me my age, I show them my ID and that really gets them.
    This is all anecdotal. We all have our anecdotes the same as you and many of us eat meat at every meal.

pboozer57
    Maybe next year!
    pboozer57's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

Day 3 fellas! So far so good.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    This is all anecdotal. We all have our anecdotes the same as you and many of us eat meat at every meal.
    lol hilarious coming from the climate change nut

vegan is not natural and obviously unhealthy the way most people do it.

First 12