habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Why do people from the Middle East suck so bad at sports?

These people routinely get destroyed at almost every major world sport. Soccer, golf, tennis, basketball, olympic sports such as track and field etc. I'm starting to think that they must be genetically inferior or something because most Middle Eastern Countries are incredibly wealthy by world standards and developed, think Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates etc. Even underdeveloped and impoverished areas of the world such as regions in Africa produce great athletes, think Kenyans and Ethiopians in running/track for example.

I've been to a few Middle Eastern countries and these people have world class amenities. Hell, in UAE they have indoor skiing and ice rinks in the middle of a 120 degree desert. I've been to a couple of golf courses in the region that are as nice if not better quality than any I've ever been to in North America. The weather is always nice, similar to Phoenix, Arizona, so that's not an excuse. I even spent a few minutes searching for high profile Arab born athletes before making this post and outside of a couple of people who played Cricket, I couldn't find any. Why are they so inferior at producing all world athletes when every other region of the world from North America, South America, Asia, Europe, Australia all produce a plethora of world talents in various sports? I'm interested in hearing theories on the topic cause it has me baffled. You'd think with all that money and resort weather that they would at least have a couple of guys high up in golf and tennis rankings and have a soccer or basketball team that could hold their own.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Great question but the answer is lazyness

Its in their dna

They make schwarmas

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Seaweed is correct

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Seaweed is correct
    Thank you

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

They are all preoccupied with the correct time to detonate themselves.

lilpete
    lilpete's Avatar Become A Pro!

only thing they care about is getting to their 40 girls in heaven

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

No one will be able to take the gold, silver, or bronze medals from the Middle Eastern countries once rock throwing becomes an Olympic event.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

ya....million dollar arm....never heard of those dudes

speaking of Phoenix they own almost every Circle K around

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

No blacks. All races outside of blacks are too short and too slow for sports. Whites a little better but no match.

Arabs also do not play organized sports to the extent that wealthy white countries do and do not have a national commitment to sports outcomes. They would probably be about as good as anyone else if they had the same background outside of basketball and track.
    Last edited by Buffalo Nickle; 01-06-16 at 04:50 PM.

Buffalo Nickle

Not sure about how much Arabs play basketball. But I'd be willing to bet if you took the Israeli national team and played them against the NCAA 1955 national championship team, they'd kick their ass by at least 20 points.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    Not sure about how much Arabs play basketball. But I'd be willing to bet if you took the Israeli national team and played them against the NCAA 1955 national championship team, they'd kick their ass by at least 20 points.
    Well all those guys are like 80 years old so I would hope Israeli team wins.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Well all those guys are like 80 years old so I would hope Israeli team wins.
    We are going to play this game by going through a worm hole in time and space and arrive like Scott Bakula.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

They are the best camel jockeys.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

We are going to play this game by going through a worm hole in time and space and arrive like Scott Bakula.
    I prefer Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.

Buffalo Nickle

Actually, the Israeli national team might even beat this year's NCAA basketball champ but they'd probably play within 10 points.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

No blacks. All races outside of blacks are too short and too slow for sports. Whites a little better but no match.

Arabs also do not play organized sports to the extent that wealthy white countries do and do not have a national commitment to sports outcomes. They would probably be about as good as anyone else if they had the same background outside of basketball and track.
    Arabs aren't as physically strong as Americans. Everytime I see someone from the Middle East they look like I could break them with a flick of my pinky.

A lot of them seem skinny and frail.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Arabs aren't as physically strong as Americans. Everytime I see someone from the Middle East they look like I could break them with a flick of my pinky.

A lot of them seem skinny and frail.
    That's because they have been starving their whole life. I watched Iran beat the US in soccer just about 10 years ago.

Buffalo Nickle

Actually it was Iraq I saw play the US. This was late 90s. I thought for sure they could beat them for the same racist reasons that have been expressed here. Didn't happen.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

Is beheading a sport?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dfish

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Saudis and Iran had decent soccer teams that upset a few higher-profile countries.

Iraqi athletes probably scared to play. Saw a pretty horrifying documentary on their soccer team.

Egypt has tight teams sometimes if you count them as Middle East. 80 million people though, they should be dominant in something you would think.

Other ME countries are very small.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2376

You need interest from the country. Theres probably little interst from the kuwaitis to watch a kuwaiti basketball match lol
    Yeah Iran is ok at soccer and have won an occasional medal at wrestling at olympics.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Sometimes sports just aren't that big of a deal in some countries. Hard to believe I know. But shit, you think China would be amazing at some sports, but outside of the Olympics and Kung Fu, not much coming out of a country of 1.3 billion people. India only good at Cricket, they have a billion too.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Champion gun makers.

3:56 mark

Yes, Pakistan is considered to be in South Asia, but here in Merica we just lump'em all together.

poljovkapav
    poljovkapav's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14175

I think they think sports and any kind of fun is taking them away from religion I think they are preoccupied with religion I dno how could they suck at all sports unless they don't play them at all...

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    I prefer Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.

I had forgotten about Buck Rogers. That Erin Gray was hot stuff.

habitualwinning

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Sometimes sports just aren't that big of a deal in some countries. Hard to believe I know. But shit, you think China would be amazing at some sports, but outside of the Olympics and Kung Fu, not much coming out of a country of 1.3 billion people. India only good at Cricket, they have a billion too.
    I can think of several high profile athletes with worldwide recognition from the countries of China and India. However, I can't name one high profile Arab born athlete who has name recognition in several continents. Hence why I made the thread. That's bizarre to me that an entire demographic of people would be so limp like that. The Middle East quite enjoys soccer, tennis and golf, among others. They host several tournaments in those sports. Qatar will host the 2022 World Cup. Qatar is also currently hosting an ATP tournament in Doha this week and the big names like Djokovic and Nadal are playing in it. In golf they have the Dubai Desert Classic with past winners including Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy. It's not like they have an anti sports culture. Like I previously stated they have world class amenities at their disposal.

BigDofBA

This was late 90s. I thought for sure they could beat them for the same racist reasons that have been expressed here. Didn't happen.
    What racists reasons are you talking about?

You're the person that said "All races outside of blacks are too short and too slow for sports ."

Are you referring to yourself?

America doesn't really care about Soccer. Our best athletes play other sports. If Lebron, Westbrook, Adrian Peterson, etc. grew up wanting to play soccer we would dominate that too.

Iran winning one soccer match 10 years ago doesn't really prove middle eastern countries are good at sports.

habitualwinning

Some of the responses chalk it up to laziness and/or culture and while I can certainly see those aspects I don't think that explains it in totality. I seriously believe that these people are inferior, like if their lives depended on it they couldn't win. The Arabs got their asses kicked by the Roman and Greeks in past history. If it weren't for that then we'd most likely all be Muslims right now in Europe/North America instead of Christians, Jews or Atheists. I think athletic inferiority is just a micrcosm of it all.

Buffalo Nickle

What racists reasons are you talking about?

You're the person that said "All races outside of blacks are too short and too slow for sports ."

Are you referring to yourself?

America doesn't really care about Soccer. Our best athletes play other sports. If Lebron, Westbrook, Adrian Peterson, etc. grew up wanting to play soccer we would dominate that too.

Iran winning one soccer match 10 years ago doesn't really prove middle eastern countries are good at sports.
    General idea about laziness and less athletic. Possibly it might be racist to say that all races are inferior to blacks athletically, however, I think that is pretty well established at this point beyond any reasonable doubt.

Iraqis beating US in soccer means a lot. It was an international competition between a race supposedly inferior to whites athletically and in a sport that requires athleticism. The fact that an Iraqi team, which no doubt did not have the same level of lifetime preparedness to win, beat a superior race pretty much throws that theory out.

Also, the fact that the US can only win at basketball now with its very best players means a lot as well. It shows that much of the advantage the US that it thinks is due to its racial dominance actually only relates to how much the game has been played. As countries played BB, the level of play in those countries now vastly exceeds our college level and has become at an elite level. Not elite enough to compete with our most elite blacks but certainly enough to compete with our whites.

BigDofBA

General idea about laziness and less athletic. Possibly it might be racist to say that all races are inferior to blacks athletically, however, I think that is pretty well established at this point beyond any reasonable doubt.

Iraqis beating US in soccer means a lot. It was an international competition between a race supposedly inferior to whites athletically and in a sport that requires athleticism. The fact that an Iraqi team, which no doubt did not have the same level of lifetime preparedness to win, beat a superior race pretty much throws that theory out.

Also, the fact that the US can only win at basketball now with its very best players means a lot as well. It shows that much of the advantage the US that it thinks is due to its racial dominance actually only relates to how much the game has been played. As countries played BB, the level of play in those countries now vastly exceeds our college level and has become at an elite level. Not elite enough to compete with our most elite blacks but certainly enough to compete with our whites.
    Not sure I'm following. By the same token you could say America isn't as good at soccer because they haven't played it as long as European countries.

IMO, Other countries can only compete with America in basketball and baseball when America doesn't send our best to Olympic and International competitions. I'm talking about when we send college baseball players over or mediocre bball players over. Even then we still finish in the top 3 usually

Football can't really be compared since most countries don't play it.

I talked too a friend in the military and he acted like a lot of the people in Middle Eastern countries act like cowards when confronted in battle and just give up and allow themselves to be conquered. That may or may not be true. It explains the Iraqi military just running away. Just something to consider.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 01-06-16 at 11:02 PM.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19440

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Great question but the answer is lazyness

Its in their dna

They make schwarmas
    Sounds racist, but what have they provided the world. (Other than sleeping on an ocean of oil)

No science, inventions.
    Radical religon

Buffalo Nickle

Not sure I'm following. By the same token you could say America isn't as good at soccer because they haven't played it as long as European countries.

IMO, Other countries can only compete with America in basketball and baseball when America doesn't send our best to Olympic and International competitions. I'm talking about when we send college baseball players over or mediocre bball players over. Even then we still finish in the top 3 usually

Football can't really be compared since most countries don't play it.

Other countries probably don't put as much effort into sports as America does either. That's a big factor too.
    Yes. No country puts as much emphasis on sports and plays as much as the US. So when you start comparing races, it is very hard to say that any races are particularly superior other than blacks. I think whites might be better than other races athletically with the Asians being the worst just because they are small.

In any case, the main reason that the Middle East really sucks at sports is because they are as poor as hell and stuck in a desert. How the hell are they going to be any good at sports? But as soccer shows, if they play a sport, they can compete head to head with Americas best. Is soccer absolutely the only sport that Arabs could possibly any good at. Probably not.

Also, size has a lot to do with nutrition. People around the world are becoming taller because they eat better. Average height for white Americans used to be pretty short.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Sounds racist, but what have they provided the world. (Other than sleeping on an ocean of oil)

No science, inventions.
    Radical religon
    Not quite true. The Arabs were doing Algebra when whites were still figuring out how to sharpen spears.

BigDofBA

Not quite true. The Arabs were doing Algebra when whites were still figuring out how to sharpen spears.
    Not sure I follow this either.

Western civilization is way ahead of middle eastern civilization. People in these countries still don't think women should drive and they believe shit like stoning and getting 70 virgins when you die.

Civilization started in the Middle East yet Western society still passed them rapidly.

I'm not saying all middle eastern countries but most.

Buffalo Nickle

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post

No science, inventions.
    Radical religon
    There is no doubt that religion is a hinderance to advancement of society. It certainly has stunted growth all around the world and continues to do so here even. But if we go comparing religions, we have to admit, they are all as dumb as hell. The US came up with a better economic system and we have succeeded because of it. That doesn't mean that Arabs can't succeed at the same level. They just don't have the same system to allow it.

If China manages to lay a dicatorship on the US one day, we'll go backward pretty fast.

123 Last