teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Golden Corral take home box ...is this some kind of sick joke?

Gc is dogshit to begin with and its a buffet how fat do you have to be to want a take home box of that slop? It's 1.99 or 2.99 should tell you the value of the food they're serving. Murrika
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: retard

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

I live in south and out in burBS so they gobble that shit up.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

I am not saying gc is good but calling bs on that video. It was most likely meat that was needed to be thrown out. Didn't pass inspection because of temp, etc.

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10662

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    I am not saying gc is good but calling bs on that video. It was most likely meat that was needed to be thrown out. Didn't pass inspection because of temp, etc.
    Actually it was not BS the manager of the GC admitted they hid the food there because of an inspection . He said it was another manager that did it not him. He said the reason it was there was because it was not being properly thawed so they hid it there. He said they fired that manager.

The report also says the guy who took the video tried to extort GC into buying the video on e-bay for $5000 and they refused. So he posted it. This GC has had a bunch of complaints like 15 or so and 3 of them i believe they said was employees not washing their hands.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

On Ebay?

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20397

Buffets seem to be popular with the gibsmedat crowd, so I tend to stay away from those places.

megamillionslose
    megamillionslose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3740

Black women simply bring foil lined handbags!

Only big dummies would pay extra for the carryout box.Real reason why so many buffets go out of business is the rampant theft from black women paying for one buffet & stealing enough food for a few other family members.#dirtylittlesecrets

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    On Ebay?
    Yes lol that is what the news report said. Probably told them it would be there and they could get the evidence for that price.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

I always wanted to go to a Golden Coral. Just once. Commercials make it look good.

I am undeterred by any of this new information.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    I always wanted to go to a Golden Coral. Just once. Commercials make it look good.

I am undeterred by any of this new information.
    I think it depends who runs it. There used to be one near us that was awesome. $14.99 a person and food was A+ . Then it shut down for a year and reopened a year later. Food was then $10.99 but the quality was way different. It was corporate run not independently run. Disgusting food .

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    I think it depends who runs it. There used to be one near us that was awesome. $14.99 a person and food was A+ . Then it shut down for a year and reopened a year later. Food was then $10.99 but the quality was way different. It was corporate run not independently run. Disgusting food .
    We don't really have buffets other than Chinese and Indian where I come from.

American food buffets always intrigued me.

I ate at one at a truck stop somewhere in Pennsylvania when I was 10 years old.

Wasn't very good.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14174

I pay like $11.95 for the dinner meal and fill up Tupperware with $50 worth to take out no I don't pay I sneek it out and I am a Caucasian male

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5218

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    I pay like $11.95 for the dinner meal and fill up Tupperware with $50 worth to take out no I don't pay I sneek it out and I am a Caucasian male
    a southern caucasian male?

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    We don't really have buffets other than Chinese and Indian where I come from.

American food buffets always intrigued me.

I ate at one at a truck stop somewhere in Pennsylvania when I was 10 years old.

Wasn't very good.
    I would not get discouraged on trying a GC if you ever had the chance. Just see if it is independently run or not. You should tell by the price higher is Independent lower like $10.99 is corporate. Plus on certain days at certain times it was even cheaper . I never minded the $14.99 food awesome and it kept the lower class people out of there because price was higher. Go in there when it was a cheaper price and Omg it was a nightmare with all the damn little kids running everywhere.

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

GC is bomb.

tip ----- Get there about 10 minutes before dinner time. Lunch price / dinner selections (all you can eat steak)

bradthebloke
    bradthebloke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

its hit or miss. depends on location. have one a few minutes away that is doable for the price. the other one in town is terrible. stuff would kill your dog.

teaserpleaser

The one I went to in San Angelo tx was brutal ...was my last trip to a gc. On a side note I passed a kfc buffet the other day in the inland empire. Kfc buffet 4000+ calories in one sitting.

agendaman

actually locksmith I am from north dakota

marcoloco

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    Actually it was not BS the manager of the GC admitted they hid the food there because of an inspection . He said it was another manager that did it not him. He said the reason it was there was because it was not being properly thawed so they hid it there. He said they fired that manager.

The report also says the guy who took the video tried to extort GC into buying the video on e-bay for $5000 and they refused. So he posted it. This GC has had a bunch of complaints like 15 or so and 3 of them i believe they said was employees not washing their hands.
    LOL thats great. Thanks for sharing the whole story. Nasty stuff

marcoloco

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    The one I went to in San Angelo tx was brutal ...was my last trip to a gc. On a side note I passed a kfc buffet the other day in the inland empire. Kfc buffet 4000+ calories in one sitting.
    LOL I have actually been to this buffet. It was much different than I expected. You have to go to the counter to get your chicken. No biscuits at the buffet. They had many other sides out there, not just the regular menu items. There was enchiladas, pudding, salad, cold broccoli.... it was weird. Golden Coral might be better

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

This to-go box thing came about because people who eat at GC are hapless bums that often try and put food in their purse, shopping bag, etc so they can eat for free the next day. This was a way to try and make at least a few bucks off of what is going to happen anyway.

Black people are shameless about this. They would often ask me to box up a fresh round of bread for them to take home. I always told them no. It's not my job to feed you for free tomorrow. Anyone in that headspace wasn't tipping anyway, so I never had any regrets there. Only a sucker would put in extra work to do something like that for them, when you could be handling regular guests instead.

And that video was crap. I'm almost positive GC keeps their food as safe as possible, just like most chains. Way better chance a chain will be safer than a stand-alone that does things their own way.

FWIW, being in the food industry as long as I had been, I've seen tons of photos on what not to do as far as food safety goes. All of the photos were from local restaurants that got demerits for doing careless, dumb shit. 95% of those places were Asian joints. Those places could seriously give a fuk.

teaserpleaser

Lol people can feel your shitty service Ralphie it's probably why you received shitty tips from "non regular guests"...trust me I over tip because I'm black especially if I get good service if it's bad service I still leave at atleast 25% this Christmas Eve the white girl who served us forgot our appetizers and brought our meals first this is lucilles bbq in long beach on xmas eve understandable she also forgot our drinks from the bar until we reminded her. She apologized 5 times I left here 30% I could see she thought it was going to ding her tip. If you worked in the service industry like you say it's not a good idea to say no to your tables whom you're looking from tips from. Before you say they weren't going to tip anyway go back and read the first part.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out

This is all very educational.

I am not big on buffets in general honestly. Food usually much lower quality than your average a la carte joint. Though in Toronto we are spoiled by both restaurant quality and variety. Raises expectations.

These stories make me glad I am not a broke dik who tries to scam a buffet for fuks sake.

The fact that a $14 buffet would kee the riff raff out is a scary thought.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

Lol people can feel your shitty service Ralphie it's probably why you received shitty tips from "non regular guests"...trust me I over tip because I'm black especially if I get good service if it's bad service I still leave at atleast 25% this Christmas Eve the white girl who served us forgot our appetizers and brought our meals first this is lucilles bbq in long beach on xmas eve understandable she also forgot our drinks from the bar until we reminded her. She apologized 5 times I left here 30% I could see she thought it was going to ding her tip. If you worked in the service industry like you say it's not a good idea to say no to your tables whom you're looking from tips from. Before you say they weren't going to tip anyway go back and read the first part.
    Nah, they rarely tip well. The stereotype didn't evolve by accident, sorry. I did it for 16 years, I have a big enough sample size to say that. Now you never know who will surprise you, and people really do surprise you sometimes. My service was always on point, just a small handful of complaints in all that time, and none of them by blacks or foreigners, who are the worst tippers ever. I never mistreated anyone. But as soon as a table pulled that bread nonsense, you knew where you were at. It's probably 1 out of every 50 black tables that do, but it's a 100% fail rate, as it was when I would actually take the time to do it for them before I wised up.

I have a new respect for you though TP. I'm still well aware of the people here who are anti-tipping.

dogkatcher
    dogkatcher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23693

Thanks, may have to hit that place up, have one artery that's only 80% closed left.

agendaman

I m not broke at all I just love to be a freeloader

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

You guys keep doing your best to ruin everybody's eating experiences, dont let me find out where you like to eat I will find some harmful things that operation is doing to make you not want to eat there anymore lol.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Mo the pictures look good but the food has no flavor. Think hospital food.

agendaman

baby back ribs hmmmmm