Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

December 7, 1941 Pearl Harbor Day

On Sunday morning, December 7, 1941, the Imperial Japanese Navy Air Service attacked Naval Station Pearl Harbor in Honululu, Hawaii, without warning and without a declaration of war, killing 2,403 American non-combatants, and injuring 1,178 others. The attack sank two U.S. Navy battleships and damaged five others. It also damaged three cruisers, three destroyers, and one minelayer. Aircraft losses were 188 destroyed and 159 damaged.

Pause and remember the victims of the attack on Pearl Harbor by the dirty rotten Japs.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

2,400 SOLDIERS died in that attack

160,000 CIVILIANS were killed by US Forces in IRAQ since the start of the Iraq war
    672,000 CIVILIANS were killed by US Forces in Japan during WW2
    26,000 CIVILIANS were killed by US Forces in Afghanistan since the start of the War on Terror

This post is just to keep things objective

Might wanna consider how you use the term "dirty rotten"

This thread is exhibit A in the dangers of patriotism

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11636

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    You are exhibit A in being a doosh.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13998

I still hate them
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    You are exhibit A in being a doosh.
    So I'm a doosh for posting facts?

MURICA! FUKK YA! We kill civilians all over the world and then wonder why there are people that hate us! But MURICA!

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11636

MURICA! FUKK YA! We kill civilians all over the world and then wonder why there are people that hate us! But MURICA!
    Guy you have a limited, yet committed intellect where everything filters into shame. Someone acknowledges Pearl Harbor (on Dec 7th no less) and you spout off about Iraq.

Now, this isn't a question where I'm asking you, "do you really want to be that guy?" - you already are that guy. And that means you're a fukkin' doosh.

I don't know what's caused the hole in your life or soul, but it's clear you're loudly filling it with obnoxious politics. Change your life and quit being a patsy.
    Points Awarded:

MoeSedway gave ByeShea 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Isaiah gave ByeShea 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pinnerpsk, and darrell74

MoeSedway
    MoeSedway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1987

Kraken, have you always been a self-loathing, guilt-ridden moral relativist, or did the transformation begin when the pill-popping started?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Isaiah

shocktopme
    shocktopme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 520

Its America asshole and if you don't like it get the penetrate out!!!!!!Today is about Pearl Harbor not Iraq,Afghanistan and rest of your bullshit

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

and it would have been even more if we didn't make them stop. I truly am thankful I'm not as unintelligent as you(nicest way I could say it.) Everything you said happened AFTER Pearl Habor you moron.
    Last edited by brooks85; 12-07-15 at 11:25 AM.
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave brooks85 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

just curious, is anyone forcing you to be here? If i hated a country so much, to be bitching about it all the time on a GAMBLING forum, I would just leave and go somewhere that I respected... just doesn't make sense to keep putting yourself through it all..

...apparently Australia has it all figured out, maybe try it out? you might enjoy life more.

The Kraken

So in order to love my country, I must not be critical of the atrocities that have taken place as a result of our war mongering?

Because after all, it is "AMERICA ASSHOLE"

We can do no wrong. God you fukkers are a bunch of sheep

NrmlCurvSurfr

So in order to love my country, I must not be critical of the atrocities that have taken place as a result of our war mongering?

Because after all, it is "AMERICA ASSHOLE"

We can do no wrong. God you fukkers are a bunch of sheep
    we want solutions..not bitching. women bitch, men come up with solutions

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    we want solutions..not bitching. women bitch, men come up with solutions
    This thread isn't about problems and solutions, it's about how dirty rotten japs killed 2,000 murican soldiers, and murica retaliated by killing nearly three quarters of a million civilians. Yet everyone here seems to be fine with it because japs are dirty and rotten people, all those innocent civilians deserved to die.

And spare me the "we want solutions"

The entire republican party has done ANYTHING and EVERYTHING over the last 7 years to avoid solutions, and to incessantly bitch about Obama

The hypocrisy rages on

Well done Surfr, couldn't have done it better myself

NrmlCurvSurfr

This thread isn't about problems and solutions, it's about how dirty rotten japs killed 2,000 murican soldiers, and murica retaliated by killing nearly three quarters of a million civilians. Yet everyone here seems to be fine with it because japs are dirty and rotten people, all those innocent civilians deserved to die.

The entire republican party has done ANYTHING and EVERYTHING over the last 7 years to avoid solutions, and to incessantly bitch about Obama

The hypocrisy rages on

I say we oust them all, both sides. Start over fresh with a group that represent todays american people...that would be where I would start

thats called a solution...notice how I didn't get my panties in a bunch posting emoticons and attacking people? thats called being mature...step your game up

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    I say we oust them all, both sides. Start over fresh with a group that represent todays american people...that would be where I would start

thats called a solution...notice how I didn't get my panties in a bunch posting emoticons and attacking people? thats called being mature...step your game up
    I'll be back tomorrow when I get a refill. Days are long and tenuous after running out cold turkey. My apologies Srfr, see you tomorrow
    Last edited by The Kraken; 12-07-15 at 11:53 AM.

NrmlCurvSurfr

Oust them all

Great solution.

If you're going to attempt to be reasonable and mature, at least stay within the confines of reality.

There are plenty of things I wouldn't mind seeing, but I don't see myself making it to the edge of space, and poking through the wall to see whats on the other side

Common srfr

And FFS, post a few more emoticons, it really makes posts more readable
    I think if america woke up and wanted to change thing for the better, electing officials who actually represent them, could happen. We need more men and less women. more solutions, less bitching. lets make it happen.
    Points Awarded:

existential gave NrmlCurvSurfr 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

2,400 SOLDIERS died in that attack

160,000 CIVILIANS were killed by US Forces in IRAQ since the start of the Iraq war
    26,000 CIVILIANS were killed by US Forces in Afghanistan since the start of the War on Terror

This post is just to keep things objective

Might wanna consider how you use the term "dirty rotten"

I have to disagree, as we have a saying down here in Texas, "You fuk with the bull, you get the horns," which applies quite accurately here, particularly for Japan in the forties and Afghanistan after 2001: "You fuk with the U.S., you get it back 100 fold, 1000 fold, whatever the fuk fold we decide to give it to you"

you bomb pearl harbor in a cowardly f'n attack, you get the first a - bomb bitches, and fuk you and your 672,000 civilian casualties.... you should'nt have fukked with us......

you harbor the leader of a terrorist group that kills innocent civilians by the thousands, you get the j'n bejusus bombed out of your camel jockey terror supporting jihadist radicalized muslim/islamic following asses; and yes, fuk you and your fukkin' 160,000 civilian casualties.... you shoulda given up this fukkin' loser osama at the start and maybe we wouldn't have had top wipe your sorry terror supporting asses off the face of the planet. and again, you shouldn't have fukked with us...................

and to the next idiots that try to fuk with us again, you sure are some stupid mutha fukkas, as we will most assuredly, and hopefully, kill all of your fukkin civilians as well.......... get your fukkin heads out of your asses AND DO NOT FUK WITH US!!!!!!!!!

I know this cracken fellow wants to keep shit in the spirit of christmas, so I tried to keep some of the foregoing rhetoric in check.....

that, and this: "Merry X-mas, SBR!!!!"

that should do it.............

ps.... as to the claim that the civilians in these countries are "innocent," you're not innocent when you let shit like al queada and the talliban exist, and do nothing to prevent it..... funny, most politically correct fuks crucify the "innocent German citizens" that were well aware of hitler's atrocities yet did nothing to stop them, but these same pc fuks want to claim other such citizens who stand by and allow or placate their leaders' activities are victims...... maybe rank in file japanese should have made it very apparent that it would be "off with their heads!!!" if they didn't reign in the imperialism...... maybe innocent afghannies should have ousted this taliban bs when the writing was on the wall where these dumb fuks were heading...... but they didn't, and they paid the ultimate price......

cant have it both ways....... "innocent citizens" are responsible for their countries' leadership's decisions....

that, and "Happy New Year, SBR!!!!"
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 12-07-15 at 12:17 PM.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

My Grandfather was one of the first people in country to know the attack had taken place. I don't remember the name of the place, but it was like a ** where communications are sent. He was a Senior in High School and worked the late shift, said he was dozing off and he said the place went wild with communications coming through. Also said the boards were blowing fuses and couldn't keep up replacing them, when he actually took a look at some of the communications he saw what it was.
    He ended up going the Army had a high aptitude test score and after bootcamp was placed in the Army Air Corp. Now known as the U.S. Air Force. Received an accelerated degree in aerodynamics from Washington University in a year and he was over seas in the Europe theater for 2.5 years and he had some amazing stories.
    He never bragged and never talked about bombing runs etc. He would only talk about some of the guy times he had with buddies. Only time he'd touch on air combat was when he was drinking and would only be brief.
    Said he and a small squadron set up a secret base somewhere in the desert of North Africa landing on the hard sand, using camo to cover planes and slept in tents at a certain time they got up and flew to certain location and attacked, out of the 3-4 other pilots he was only one who survived. He made it back to original camp and was ordered to lay down for the day wait for fuel drop and go back to original main base. Said it was eery being in tent alone when just hours prior he said they were cutting up and horse playing hours before. Apparently unknown to intelligence this German spot had AAA set-up, when mission was supposed to be quick hit and gone.
    He ended up retiring and last MOS was a SAC flyer out of Nebraska during cold war era. He would never say what his target was in Russia, he only said his route would be over North pole.
    Just sayin'
    Points Awarded:

ByeShea gave recon1 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Auto Donk

one of the trophy wives i was poppin' in htwon had a "older gent" for a husband who was a helicopter pilot in Nam, and he was the same way, only talk about his 50 plus confirmed kills briefly, and usually after drinking.......

nevertheless, i quickly dispelled her notion of wanting tho hook up at her place behind his back, as I wasn't about to climb into some dude's bed with over fifty enemy kills.....

now at DonkLand, that's a whole different matter.......

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16673

Everyone rent the Ben Affleck movie tonite

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by actiondan View Post
    I have it and the old Tora Tora movie. Just for this occasion.

Auto Donk

well, last time i watched it was SEPTEMBER 7, in honor of George W.'s understanding of pearl harbor day....

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

Quote Originally Posted by actiondan View Post
    y would u wanna torture urself like that?

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    My Grandfather was one of the first people in country to know the attack had taken place. I don't remember the name of the place, but it was like a ** where communications are sent. He was a Senior in High School and worked the late shift, said he was dozing off and he said the place went wild with communications coming through. Also said the boards were blowing fuses and couldn't keep up replacing them, when he actually took a look at some of the communications he saw what it was.
    He ended up going the Army had a high aptitude test score and after bootcamp was placed in the Army Air Corp. Now known as the U.S. Air Force. Received an accelerated degree in aerodynamics from Washington University in a year and he was over seas in the Europe theater for 2.5 years and he had some amazing stories.
    He never bragged and never talked about bombing runs etc. He would only talk about some of the guy times he had with buddies. Only time he'd touch on air combat was when he was drinking and would only be brief.
    Said he and a small squadron set up a secret base somewhere in the desert of North Africa landing on the hard sand, using camo to cover planes and slept in tents at a certain time they got up and flew to certain location and attacked, out of the 3-4 other pilots he was only one who survived. He made it back to original camp and was ordered to lay down for the day wait for fuel drop and go back to original main base. Said it was eery being in tent alone when just hours prior he said they were cutting up and horse playing hours before. Apparently unknown to intelligence this German spot had AAA set-up, when mission was supposed to be quick hit and gone.
    He ended up retiring and last MOS was a SAC flyer out of Nebraska during cold war era. He would never say what his target was in Russia, he only said his route would be over North pole.
    Just sayin'
    I grew up one block from a Navy vet who lost his eye at Pearl Harbor. Nice hard working guy who along with his Irish Catholic wife raised 6 children who all turned out to be productive members of society. The guy never talked about his experience but you could tell he was traumatized by it for the remainder of his life.

I've a ton of respect for all WWII veterans and I'm not a flag waver.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Another war the U.S. wanted entry into, let tons of Americans die just to gain public support.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    and it would have been even more if we didn't make them stop. I truly am thankful I'm not as unintelligent as you(nicest way I could say it.) Everything you said happened AFTER Pearl Habor you moron.
    The sad thing is Japanese leadership KNEW they were awakening a sleeping Giant with this attack. Those Japanese civilian's blood are on their hands.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

- "If there was no Pearl Harbor, there would have been no Hiroshima/Nagasaki". Don't cry for the Japanese, they were some real SOBs back then.

- Collateral damage is part of war. It sucks, but it's inevitable. The Afghani people especially got screwed there, but you have to go after the greater good. Stop crying.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    The sad thing is Japanese leadership KNEW they were awakening a sleeping Giant with this attack. Those Japanese civilian's blood are on their hands.
    I like richard pryor's take on the japanese' strategy on bombing pearl harbor, to sum it up, it was that the japs only exposure to americans was those living, primarily, in California.... with those pussies as a baseline, they thought, incorrectly, that all americans must be as soft as those in Cali, and thus they'd control/manhandle the US like the Germans always do the French.......

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    - "If there was no Pearl Harbor, there would have been no Hiroshima/Nagasaki". Don't cry for the Japanese, they were some real SOBs back then.

- Collateral damage is part of war. It sucks, but it's inevitable. The Afghani people especially got screwed there, but you have to go after the greater good. Stop crying.
    Pear Harbor and subsequently, Hiroshima and Nagasakei, are like comparing apples to heroin.

We murdered half a million CIVILIANS as a result of Japan declaring war on us, that is not ok.

This thread shows why blind patriotism is so dangerous. Now we have gotten to the point where we justify killing 500,000 innocent people, because that countries military struck us first. Those were innocent civilians.

Regardless how brutal their military was, this was one of the greatest tragedies in the history of man kind

And people celebrate it.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Pear Harbor and subsequently, Hiroshima and Nagasakei, are like comparing apples to heroin.

We murdered half a million CIVILIANS as a result of Japan declaring war on us, that is not ok.
    You're abiding by these bizarre "eye for an eye" rules that do not apply in war. Please be able to make this separation.

If you declare war on us, we will make sure it ends, regardless of what has to be done. You take that risk when you declare war on somebody. You don't enter into war with the comfort that you will only lose right about the amount you have killed yourself, and will only lose soldiers. Complete nonsense, and devoid of reality.

This was not a war-based board game or video game, where victory also includes total satisfaction at the end because all you did was kill all the bad guys. Nobody lives in that make-believe world, even though many certainly think we do for some reason. This was real, and collateral damage is always an unfortunate, yet major part of it.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00, and existential

The Kraken

I'm simply abiding by the virtue that it is immoral and unethical to drop a nuke on a city full of innocent civilians.

Victory does not need to satisfy everyone, but it also doesn't need to end with the needless deaths of 500,000 civilians. You've created a false dichotomy, there are a lot of alternate outcomes other than total satisfaction. Just because we can't achieve total satisfaction does not make it alright to kill as many people as we wish.

This was not collateral damage in the slightest, our reaction to pearl harbor was wreckless and negligent, hence why it hasn't been repeated. Look how bad ISIS is, and how hard they are to defeat. Why do you think we haven't nuked every arab country and turned them to glass? Why do you think our military goes to such great lengths to drop laser guided bombs instead of nukes. Because even in war you can't abandon ethics. We've learned and that is a good thing.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

The hypocrisy rages on

Dude believe me you wont find many WW2 Soldiers that felt bad about Hiroshima,and im not just talking American soldiers.

Isaiah

Invasion of mainland Japan would have cost over 1 million American casualties. Dropping the atomic bomb in lieu of sending troops on a mass suicide mission was the only viable option. It was one of the few things Harry Truman did right during his presidency.

"The Joint Chiefs of Staff estimated that Olympic alone would cost 456,000 men, including 109,000 killed. Including Coronet, it was estimated that America would experience 1.2 million casualties, with 267,000 deaths."

"Staff working for Chester Nimitz, calculated that the first 30 days of Olympic alone would cost 49,000 men.MacArthur’s staff concluded that America would suffer 125,000 casualties after 120 days, a figure that was later reduced to 105,000 casualties after his staff subtracted the men who when wounded could return to battle."

"General Marshall, in conference with President Truman, estimated 31,000 in 30 days after landing in Kyushu. Admiral Leahy estimated that the invasion would cost 268,000 casualties. Personnel at the Navy Department estimated that the total losses to America would be between 1.7 and 4 million with 400,000 to 800,000 deaths. The same department estimated that there would be up to 10 million Japanese casualties. The ‘Los Angeles Times’ estimated that America would suffer up to 1 million casualties."
    ningsite.co.uk/world-war-two/the-pacific-war-1941-to-1945/operation-downfall/See details of Operation Downfall http://www.historylear

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    I grew up one block from a Navy vet who lost his eye at Pearl Harbor. Nice hard working guy who along with his Irish Catholic wife raised 6 children who all turned out to be productive members of society. The guy never talked about his experience but you could tell he was traumatized by it for the remainder of his life.

I've a ton of respect for all WWII veterans and I'm not a flag waver.
    Yeah, WWII was probably the last righteous war this country has fought with Congressional approval.

Isaiah

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Yeah, WWII was probably the last righteous war this country has fought with Congressional approval.
    Not many left. In 2014, the Department of Veterans Affairs estimated that 413 American World War II veterans died every day.

12 Last