TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3621

Which is stronger - Vicodin or Percocet? Or something else?

Getting a rear molar pulled this afternoon and I don't want some pansy pain medication. I'm a big guy and I want to get some powerful stuff from the dentist to get me through the next few days. So what should I demand from this dentist?

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I had surgery on my wrist a few years ago and they gave me percocet. The night of the surgery, I took one a few hours before going to bed and woke up around 2:30 a.m. ready to jump out of my skin because I became unbelievably itchy all over my body. They then prescribed me Vicodin and it worked much better without the itchiness.

TheGoldenGoose

Wow. Itchiness is a weird side effect. I should also add that I use an ambien every night for sleep. The combination will probably knock me out all night.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I've noticed that no matter what pain pills I take, they all just make me sleep so I don't feel the pain anyways. Might as well just drink some Nyquil.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

percs are better as far as i'm concerned although vicodin is good. Oxycodone is best but they not gonna give you that for pulled tooth.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

Both are great but good luck getting anything good. I got my wisdom teeth yanked and all I got was some weak ass Hydrocodone.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Perc make me itch as well. I actually found tramadol more effective for pain than vicodin, but oddly those kept me awake.

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

"Tell her use her nails when that Percocet make me itch
    pull out my dick soon as she press play on Netflix"

TheGoldenGoose

OK, so I told the Dentist I wanted something stronger than Vicodin. He says, "Well, I don't like to prescribe percocet". So I say, "Well, I don't like to be uncomfortable when I don't have to be in pain". You either pull the tooth and give me a script for percs or I'm walking out of here because Vicodin isn't going to work".

The tooth got Novocaine and came out like a piece of cake. He wrote the Perc script. But when I got the script filled it says Oxycodone 5/325 which I guess means 5mg Oxycodone and 325mg Acetaminophen. Must be the Generic for Percocet???

A few Twisted Teas and some Xanax with a couple of these 5/325's should have me looped for the games tonight.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Gooser feel better man

Nyquil good too

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Be careful.

Wallnuts
    Wallnuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1135

perc(oxycodone) is stronger than vic(hydrocodone). All pain killers will make you itch its a common side effect. Thats why junkies scratch themselves alot. They'll also constipate you if your not used to them, you might have a couple dense toilet cloggers while your on em haha. Feel better, careful mixing with xanax and alcohol, that can kill you. I'd just combine with xanax and leave out the twisted teas. Or vice versa. dont push it

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by Wallnuts View Post
    perc(oxycodone) is stronger than vic(hydrocodone). All pain killers will make you itch its a common side effect. Thats why junkies scratch themselves alot. They'll also constipate you if your not used to them, you might have a couple dense toilet cloggers while your on em haha. Feel better, careful mixing with xanax and alcohol, that can kill you. I'd just combine with xanax and leave out the twisted teas. Or vice versa. dont push it
    You are one away from the infamous Houston Cocktail.

TheGoldenGoose

This oxycodone works well The Novocaine wore off and the tooth socket started to ache. I took one pill and the pain was gone in twenty minutes. Good advise guys, I will not take any xanax or ambien tonight. Mixing all that sh!t is a dangerous cocktail. I am drinking a few Twisted Teas though.

Thanks to all that responded. I really appreciate the advice.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Percs= Oxycodone + Tylenol
    Vicodins= Hydrocodone + Tylenol

Oxycodone generally is 1.5x's more potent than hydrocodone, in terms of equivalency.

In terms of pain relief and potency, 5mg of Percocet is equal to 7.5mg Vicodin.

Then you have to factor in efficacy, sometimes 5mg's of Vicodin works better for a person than 10mg of Percocet. It doesn't make sense and is only explained by the fact that we're all unique and our bodies don't read the equivalency charts.

If the Percs are helping, enjoy them. They'll go very quick, especially with your attitude. You're looking for a good time, a relaxing time. They'll help you melt into your sofa and enjoy the games. But they'll be gone in a few days. The longer you can stretch them out, the easier it will be on you when you run out.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Percocets are also considered a narcotic...which is why a lot of doctors don't want to prescribe them unless absolutely necessary...IMO, I don't care for them because they make me feel nausea and want to vomit.

The Kraken

Vicodins and Percs are both narcotics.

They're both scheduled medications, meaning they have an abuse (addiction) potential. Percocets have always been schedule 2, which is the most regulated class of prescription meds. Schedule 1 is Heroin, Meth, Cocaine etc...... Vicodins for the longest time were considered schedule 3, which is why it was so much easier to get them from doctors. Honestly, it all had to do with the amount of paper work and level of DEA scrutiny between a schedule 2 medicine and a schedule 3 medicine. I used to be able to go into my docs office and get a script of hydrocodone with 5 months of refills and a follow up visit 6 months later.

Then one day, Uncle Sam decided hydrocodone was too dangerous, that the addiction potential was so great that it too needed to be a schedule 2. Basically, they just removed the one obstacle holding most doctors back from writing more percocet prescriptions. Doctors would rarely write for schedule 2.

But because docs have been writing for Vicodin for so damn long, and they're not going to quite, they now feel as if "well hell, if I'm going to be scrutinized and have to the paperwork anyways, I may as well write for Percocets, they're more damn effective".

It wasn't thought out very well. The other end of the spectrum, even more unfortunate, is that some doctors no longer write for Vicodin at all, even for their patients that really, truly need it, simply because it's a schedule 2 and they don't want to be audited.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Careful these lead to addiction

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Careful these lead to addiction
    This man is the voice of reason

Take em slow, gooser. The effects don't last forever.

If you're lucky, you'll get nauseated and a migraine, have an aversion to them, and never want em again.

Trespass
    Trespass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

1/2 tab of a 5/325 percocet + 10 millgrm ambien = best sleep you will ever get. Insomniac(me)'s dream.

Oxy and Hydro are opioids (synthetic opiates)...more you take the more you itch. Consider taking an antihistamine at the same time if you med per top line of this post. Won't eliminate itch but will make it a little better.

Sledge187

I just took some Tussionex for the first time. .......wow. This stuff is strong and lasts like 12 hours.

jjgold

Pass

Drugs for losers

Trespass
    Trespass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pass

Drugs for losers
    Hey, the moral majority has arrived on the inveterate gambler's web site!

OP and others cite dental work, surgery, chronic insomnia. No mention of recreational activity anywhere.

Judgment is for losers too.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Oxy is stronger, it isn't for everyone, highly addictive and expensive

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    Both are great but good luck getting anything good. I got my wisdom teeth yanked and all I got was some weak ass Hydrocodone.

believe these are the same thing sir

Sledge187

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Not even close brah.

TheGoldenGoose

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Pass

Drugs for losers

Drugs for Pain is a good thing. These Oxycodone 5/325 worked perfectly for me to get through this tooth extraction.

Posters were correct... I did experience some "itching effects" but I tried to ignore it (mind over matter) and it worked. Getting back to normal over three days later and the drugs were a big factor in being comfortable and being able to recover.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Not the same thing but both drugs have hydrocodone in them.

Vicodin has acetaminophen with it, percocet has oxycodone with it.

And yes the percs will be stronger if the medication is the same milligram.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    Not the same thing but both drugs have hydrocodone in them.

Vicodin has acetaminophen with it, percocet has oxycodone with it.

And yes the percs will be stronger if the medication is the same milligram.
    I think the conversation was hydrocodone vs vicodin, and I believe they are interchangeable.

After rereading the posts I think I might have misread. I thought the conversation was about hydrocodone/vicodin, I believe they are basically the same med.

I have been treated for pain for decades, I was given Vicodin which I believe is basically the same as hydrocodone. And yes itching is part of the deal for most people. However, after some time that completely stops. Since I desperately needed this med I never abused it, not once. I thought if I abuse this drug when I need it I won't have it. And I certainly will not doctor shop or buy it on the street.
    Last edited by dante1; 11-07-15 at 04:41 PM.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

I think the conversation was hydrocodone vs vicodin, and I believe they are interchangeable.

After rereading the posts I think I might have misread. I thought the conversation was about hydrocodone/vicodin, I believe they are basically the same med.

I agree with you.

jjgold

Smoking Opium is pretty strong also but dangerously addictive

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only meds that touch my pain are dulaudid N fentanyl

dulaudid is 8 to 10 times stronger than morphine or heroin
    while
    fentanyl is 80 to 100 times stronger than morphine or heroin

The Kraken

Dialudid is roughly 5-10 x's stronger than morphine, therefore the prescribed dose is generally 1/5 to 1/10th as strong. A pretty typical starting dose of Dilaudid is 0.5mg-1mg.

Fentanyl is considered 100x's stronger than morphjne and the standard dose of Fentanyl is 1/100th the dose of morphine. The starting dose for Fentanyl is 25-50micrograms, all the other meds aee in milligrams.

So the effects are generally the same.

Dilaudid, Morphine and Fentanyl are all WAY better through an IV, due to pharmacokinetics and dynamics, the first pass metabolism of those meds is ridiculous. If I had to choose an IV pain med, it would be Dilaudid.

Give me oxy over any of them, any day of the week in pill form. Oxy is made to be a pill, the others are made for IV that have been converted to pills.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

crack see beefree thread

jonal
    jonal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2195

Vicodin made my stomach so upset after i got my wisdom teeth pulled. it did the job tho.

12 Last