ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Sorry to hear this. Look into alternative treatments, chemo is really bad news and is not successful most of the time.

Vitamin C infusions...look into it. Miracle worker that the medical establishment won't tell you about because it would cost them the billions of $$$ they receive from the cancer racket.

Best wishes to you.
    Hey Dr. Doosh - STFU. If he needed advice he would have asked.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11642

Quote Originally Posted by King tut View Post
    Listen to Isaiah he is right
    Your profile pic ... es muy bueno.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Sorry to hear this. Look into alternative treatments, chemo is really bad news and is not successful most of the time.

Vitamin C infusions...look into it. Miracle worker that the medical establishment won't tell you about because it would cost them the billions of $$$ they receive from the cancer racket.

Best wishes to you.
    Your statement is based in complete ignorance, which is really no surprise anymore.

So to correct you, chemo works extremely well against many cancers, but it is not always 100% effective. Chemo works better against certain types of tumors, depending on it's advancement, and last I checked, the guy didn't mention what type of cancer or how advanced it was.

I'm sure this will go right over your head as facts don't seem to matter to you

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Your statement is based in complete ignorance, which is really no surprise anymore.

So to correct you, chemo works extremely well against many cancers, but it is not always 100% effective. Chemo works better against certain types of tumors, depending on it's advancement, and last I checked, the guy didn't mention what type of cancer or how advanced it was.

I'm sure this will go right over your head as facts don't seem to matter to you
    I agree, there is a surgery method as well, but Chemo decreases risk, and I think for women, children will be a problem to have after chemo. Guess it depends on circumstances, knowing all options, and people's decisions that will give best results.

spro23
    spro23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8091

I only fear losing bets

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Don't fear anything. It's all random when we go from this life.

What happens after? We can't know; we're not evolved enough.

99% of me thinks will never know; cause our brains will be done. As a human you can't believe it's over. It just doesn't make sense to accept that kind of finality

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    Don't fear anything. It's all random when we go from this life.

What happens after? We can't know; we're not evolved enough.

99% of me thinks will never know; cause our brains will be done. As a human you can't believe it's over. It just doesn't make sense to accept that kind of finality
    I would say its the same as before you were born. You simply cease to exist. From a gambling stand point it is always +EV to believe in god because if you are right you get into heaven. It is a win win. If you go through life bad mouthing religion and you are wrong, enjoy the lake of fire.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

I like puppies.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

I don't fear it and wish for it daily. You are eternal meaning w/o beginning or end.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

why fear it its gonna happen, live each day like its your last

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6213

What you guys think about this now

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I lost my dad (58) and sister (31) and girlfriend (30) in a 15 month period.

It happens and it's unstoppable and unpredictable

New motto after that...carp diem

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

Damm Minnyfats, sorry dude.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

I'd rather not die slowly if I can avoid it, but if every human who ever lived before me can handle death, so can I.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

Wow....that sounds like a tough period. I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10850

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

Damn that’s a rough 15 months
    Sorry to hear

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

I clicked on this thread and was surprised to see that I had posted here back in 2015 shortly after being told I had cancer. At the time, I hadn't even started chemo yet.

Well, I'm happy to report that 7 months of chemo were successful in 2015-16 in knocking down the leukemia and I am in remission and on maintenance meds. The cancer will come back or morph into some other form, but I don't dwell on it. Sometimes it gets me down, but I snap out of it pretty quickly.

In one of my previous postings in this thread, I said I wouldn't see 70. Now I firmly believe I won't see 65. I'm 57 now.

To get to the heart of this thread, I am not afraid of death. I am not religious and I believe that death is final. There is no afterlife.

I have had 4 surgeries where I have been knocked completely out. I just went to sleep and then woke up. I didn't dream at all. I believe that's what death is. You just go to sleep (sometimes painfully), but you never wake up again.

I have come to terms with my situation and I strive to live life to the fullest. I eat and drink (mostly) what I want. I am friendly and polite to people. I travel to visit places I've never been before. I wear loud Hawaiian shirts and try to always have a smile on my face.

Live each day like it's your last, because it may well be. Do you want people to remember you as that asshole that cut them off on the freeway, or the guy that helped an older person load their groceries into their car?

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    I clicked on this thread and was surprised to see that I had posted here back in 2015 shortly after being told I had cancer. At the time, I hadn't even started chemo yet.

Well, I'm happy to report that 7 months of chemo were successful in 2015-16 in knocking down the leukemia and I am in remission and on maintenance meds. The cancer will come back or morph into some other form, but I don't dwell on it. Sometimes it gets me down, but I snap out of it pretty quickly.

In one of my previous postings in this thread, I said I wouldn't see 70. Now I firmly believe I won't see 65. I'm 57 now.

To get to the heart of this thread, I am not afraid of death. I am not religious and I believe that death is final. There is no afterlife.

I have had 4 surgeries where I have been knocked completely out. I just went to sleep and then woke up. I didn't dream at all. I believe that's what death is. You just go to sleep (sometimes painfully), but you never wake up again.

I have come to terms with my situation and I strive to live life to the fullest. I eat and drink (mostly) what I want. I am friendly and polite to people. I travel to visit places I've never been before. I wear loud Hawaiian shirts and try to always have a smile on my face.

Live each day like it's your last, because it may well be. Do you want people to remember you as that asshole that cut them off on the freeway, or the guy that helped an older person load their groceries into their car?

Veggie have you given church a try?

There's more than just going to sleep and not awaking.

Happy to hear treatments have worked for you!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Do you guys fear it?
    Have you accepted Jesus as your savior?

if you have then don’t fear it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post

Veggie thats deep man. I think about how I will be remembered

helping people is the highest virtue, I think if you find a way to help people it will give your life meaning

Atleast thats how I look at it.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

I don't fear death at all. It's inevitable and I believe humans were not from apes or else they would still be turning imto humans. Also i don't brliebe big bamg throry made humans. Has to be a higher power.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6213

Da you guys believe in heaven and hell

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    I don't fear death at all. It's inevitable and I believe humans were not from apes or else they would still be turning imto humans. Also i don't brliebe big bamg throry made humans. Has to be a higher power.

Humans and apes have a common ancestor.

Apes are still busy evolving.
    So are humans.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Only a painful one, but no.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    Da you guys believe in heaven and hell
    You have to be completely uneducated and retarded to still believe this non sense in 2019.

It's willfull ignorance.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    You have to be completely uneducated and retarded to still believe this non sense in 2019.

It's willfull ignorance.
    because so much has changed. I mean, we got smartphones now.
    Smartphones = no heaven, no hell and no purgatory.

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

The lover of life's not a sinner
    The ending is just a beginner
    The closer you get to the meaning
    The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming
    So it's on and on and on, oh it's on and on and on
    It goes on and on and on, Heaven and Hell
    I can tell

First 12