Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    Exactly how should she have been removed from the learning environment then? I'm fairly certain the cop was the last resort she had after wasting everyone else's time long enough for the teacher to try, the administrator, and even the cop when he first arrived and gave her the option. And regarding the 16 year old girl generalizations, have you seen the other school brawl video from this week where a kid toes the principal across the room?

The cop's been fired and looking for work elsewhere, the girl will now come back to class and do whatever she wants and laugh about it. Call me crazy but how is the outcome, that she chose to initiate being an asshole and no home training, fair in the end? I just try to look at the totality of it all and not the little 5 second snippet thats on loop and gone viral. You have a guy who has won awards, been employed for 7 years there, coaches and is backed by everyone except the unruly kids and he is called in there to remove a student which he did and now he's demonized while she is celebrated? Just doesn't send the best message.
    I'm not defending the kid at all. She was probably being quite an asshole. Doesn't mean that a powerful adult should ragdoll her to get her to do what he wants.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    I'm not defending the kid at all. She was probably being quite an asshole. Doesn't mean that a powerful adult should ragdoll her to get her to do what he wants.
    And how is a policeman supposed to arrest someone resisting arrest without use of force? Tie her with a lasso and drag her out of class?

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    And that generation raised the current one.
    laws and times have changed, muldoon...and that was the purpose and point of my post...nowadays you aren't allowed to discipline your children or else social services and child protection services come knocking on your door and take your child away...problem is nowadays kids are fukkin spoiled...internet, computers, playstations and x-boxes, iphones and cellphones, etc!...every fukkin kid has to have to them!...and don't get me started on the lack of respect these young punks don't show their elders....true, it is our generation that is raising them but not much you can do when laws don't allow you to raise your kids properly...having said that, most parents do a good job but incidents like this are just a reminder and microcosm of what's wrong with society.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2726

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I sure do see the problem...inmates are running the asylum!...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DwightShrute

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    .problem is nowadays kids are fukkin spoiled...internet, computers, playstations and x-boxes, iphones and cellphones, etc!...every fukkin kid has to have to them!...and don't get me started on the lack of respect these young punks don't show their elders....true, it is our generation that is raising them but not much you can do when laws don't allow you to raise your kids properly
    #1 - There is ZERO large sample evidence that beating the shit out your kid turns them into law abiding great citizens. Anecdotal sure. Plenty of overweight degenerate gamblers who will claim that having their parents tan their hide turned them into these fantastic members of society.

The one thing that's been repeatedly proven to work when disciplining kids of all ages - is loss. Ie: Remove them from situations they want to be in, technology you can control, money that you give them access to etc.

Bitch about the generation raising them. What a cop-out to blame things like laws etc. The idea that children somehow just become deviants without the complicity of the generation above is laughable. Very few teens or younger can afford the gaming consoles, cell phones etc on their own. Are GenX and GenY such pussies that they can't say no to their kids?

You blame the law and society. Give me a fuckin break.

FYI - most parents DON'T do a good job. If they did, you wouldn't see skyrocketing obesity numbers in CHILDREN, dropping core scholastic skills, and overall poor stewardship of our own communities.

So the law prevents you from properly feeding your kids, making them work for big ticket electronics, and grounding/restricting their access to things like TV and internet? Crazy laws.
    Last edited by muldoon; 10-30-15 at 12:46 AM.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

birdsfan
    birdsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Any truth to the student just recently burying her mom?
    Yeah and she was just put into a foster home.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Teacher was probly fired and kid was given semester off with all A's for the traumatic event.

Public school system is like indoor practice facility for the streets now.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    #1 - There is ZERO large sample evidence that beating the shit out your kid turns them into law abiding great citizens. Anecdotal sure. Plenty of overweight degenerate gamblers who will claim that having their parents tan their hide turned them into these fantastic members of society.

The one thing that's been repeatedly proven to work when disciplining kids of all ages - is loss. Ie: Remove them from situations they want to be in, technology you can control, money that you give them access to etc.

Bitch about the generation raising them. What a cop-out to blame things like laws etc. The idea that children somehow just become deviants without the complicity of the generation above is laughable. Very few teens or younger can afford the gaming consoles, cell phones etc on their own. Are GenX and GenY such pussies that they can't say no to their kids?

You blame the law and society. Give me a fuckin break.

FYI - most parents DON'T do a good job. If they did, you wouldn't see skyrocketing obesity numbers in CHILDREN, dropping core scholastic skills, and overall poor stewardship of our own communities.

So the law prevents you from properly feeding your kids, making them work for big ticket electronics, and grounding/restricting their access to things like TV and internet? Crazy laws.
    Shut up Muldoon,you get on my nerves.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!, and brainfreeze

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Not even news if it was a black cop.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    And how is a policeman supposed to arrest someone resisting arrest without use of force? Tie her with a lasso and drag her out of class?
    Try to reason with her, if that fails clear the classroom (her audience that maybe she was trying to impress)
    Just remember this a young girl getting tossed around by a powerful adult, she was no threat to anyone.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10662

It all comes down to the parents . I would have gotten my ass beat if i did something disrespectful. But then again i was taught to respect others so i never got in any trouble. Parents got involved with their kids now the kids run around the streets no parents in sight. I am not talking Teens either i am talking kids that are riding around on Big Wheels all over the neighborhood. One year a car hit a kid in front of my house who rode his Big Wheel into the street . It took half an hour to find the mom who was sitting at home watching TV . These are the kids that more then not turn out ignorant and uneducated. Then these kids end up having kids at an even younger age. It just keeps getting worse like that.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    It all comes down to the parents .
    this ^

showmetheTDs
    showmetheTDs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

need to know all the details to judge

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10662

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    Exactly how should she have been removed from the learning environment then? I'm fairly certain the cop was the last resort she had after wasting everyone else's time long enough for the teacher to try, the administrator, and even the cop when he first arrived and gave her the option. And regarding the 16 year old girl generalizations, have you seen the other school brawl video from this week where a kid toes the principal across the room?

The cop's been fired and looking for work elsewhere, the girl will now come back to class and do whatever she wants and laugh about it. Call me crazy but how is the outcome, that she chose to initiate being an asshole and no home training, fair in the end? I just try to look at the totality of it all and not the little 5 second snippet thats on loop and gone viral. You have a guy who has won awards, been employed for 7 years there, coaches and is backed by everyone except the unruly kids and he is called in there to remove a student which he did and now he's demonized while she is celebrated? Just doesn't send the best message.
    She wanted to be removed in one of these .

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Shockingly, I heard stuff about students protesting the cop getting fired. I'm amazed if true.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  20.2 KB

For the far left "so open minded their brain has fallen out posters"

Talking nicely doesn't work.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Shockingly, I heard stuff about students protesting the cop getting fired. I'm amazed if true.
    About 100 students at a South Carolina high school walked out of class briefly Friday to show support for a school resource officer fired after video showed him throwing an uncooperative black female student across the floor, according to local media and Twitter feeds.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/10/30/student-walkout-backs-fired-deputy-sc-school/74874920/

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    Try to reason with her, if that fails clear the classroom (her audience that maybe she was trying to impress)
    Just remember this a young girl getting tossed around by a powerful adult, she was no threat to anyone.
    The reasoning happened with the teacher....then the administrator...and once cop as next level of adult was called in. Strikes one...two...three. Even cop used escalation of asking...telling...last warning and then went to revive her. Maybe the toss was a little excessive but not to level to lose a career over. The student had way too many chances plus what was at risk was the rest of the class trying to do right and learn vs be disruptive and talk on phones.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

I wanna know, since when would schools allow phones in class? Many businesses frown on workplace phone use.

I'm sure the entitled little bitch said something derogatory to the cop to make him wanna throw her across the room.

I hope she learned a valuable life lesson.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Hear what Ted Nugent had to say about it.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2015/10...student/206494

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-EB9IB0ZCvM

Another student who used a phone and didn't follow rules ...wish cop would have been called here too

Or...here....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jkljX9_o7BA

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

A second Spring Valley High School student, Niya Kenny, was also arrested by the former cop. The teen claims she was arrested for speaking out in support of Jane Doe; although, other reports say she was actually arrested on a misdemeanor charge for causing a disturbance. Kenny was released on a $1,000 bond to her mother, but lately she has been going on speaking tours with major media like MSNBC to criticize Ben Fields.

It turns out that the Spring Valley High School video did not happen randomly. According to The State, Niya Kenny told other students in the room to be ready to record when the school resource officer entered.

“Initially, when they said an SRO was coming – we have two – I didn’t know which one was coming,” Kenny said. “It could have been the other one. When I saw deputy Fields, that’s when I started… that’s when I told them to get the cameras out, because we know his reputation – well, I know his reputation.”
    In response to what happened in the classroom, Kenny says she stood up and started protesting using very loud profanity. She claims these actions led to her arrest, although she says her actions were justified.

Lawyer Todd Rutherford started a GoFundMe fundraiser for Niya Kenny in order to provide “counseling, future educational expenses, and a car.” The fundraiser has raised over $3,000 as of this publishing, although the goal is to raise $15,000.

According to WRAL, spokeswoman Libby Roof of Richland School District 2 says both Spring Valley High School students will be returning to school. In addition, the administrator who called the officer into the classroom is on paid leave and the school also replaced the teacher with a substitute.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2533973/spr...st-everything/

Unreal

DwightShrute

what should have been done to this student?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post

Good point, I never met a polits shitbum.

First 123