muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Religion is fine when you keep it to yourself"

Even non believers like myself like to believe this. If someone wants to believe in a guy who keeps tabs on you and at the end of the game, decides where you sit on idle for eternity, so be it.

However, that's not always the case. Whether it's some gal who won't do her job and serve a beer on a flight, some pharmacist who won't fill a prescription, the kentucky $80,000 year CLERK who won't stamp a paper for a gay couple.

Then there's this....

http://boingboing.net/2015/09/15/non...ho-refuse.html

Holly Salzman of Albuquerque, New Mexico went to court to resolve coparenting issues with her ex-husband. The judge ordered Salzman to attend 10 sessions with a counselor named Mary Pepper (Photo). When Salzman went to the first session, Pepper began praying out loud, Salzman objected but Pepper told her, "well this is what I do." When Salzman attended the next session, Pepper prayed out loud again and spoke at length about God. Salzman asked the court to let her see another counselor, but the court never responded. Salzman stopped seeing Pepper and the court took her sons away.
    I get it - maybe she's a crappy mom. Had it been my own kids, I'd have just paid the cash under the table and faked it through the God stuff, but this is where this shit (religion) treads outside the realm of innocent fantasy silliness and adversely affects the lives of others.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken, and Gonad

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

nothing wrong with sharing your thoughts and beliefs. Its when you start judging other is when the problem comes in. I am not familiar with all the religions out there but I do not know of any that say you are to judge your fellow man.... expect maybe islam?

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

2 Corinthians 4:4 -

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: recon1

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Christians are not about keeping their thoughts to themselves.
    They need to tell you that they have all the answers.
    Need to tell us what we're missing.

Atheists & agnostics are the quiet ones with little to no voice.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I of course, am the exception to that rule.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    I of course, am the exception to that rule.

You guys are something ...

brainfreeze
    Meaning

1 Corinthians 9:19

Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.

James 5:20
    remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

So what is the point of your post. Are you saying that the government is not doing a good job watching out for children or government needs to stay out of religion?

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Vegas, is only fooling himself…..and maybe muldoon. Athiest are the ones who are the vocal minority. Christians are by-far to reserved and this is why the evil has spread.

True story. Friend works in a religous (Christian) hospital and had a Dad going through the end phase. He goes to Doctor and nurse at nurses station and threatens them with lawsuit if hospital keeps praying over intercom at set times. Doctor tells punk athiest "you realize your Dad is in a Christian hospital?" Doctor reminds guy his Dad is dying, but will give orders to move him and had nurse get paperwork. Guy just walks away. HAHAHAH!

This just happened last weekend. Cant make the Atheist ignorance up if you wanted.

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by zert View Post
    So what is the point of your post. Are you saying that the government is not doing a good job watching out for children or government needs to stay out of religion?
    Government needs to be non religious and stop giving it preference over other protected rights. If you're a court appointed counselor, religion should not be part of the counselling - period. You want to go to church on your day off - have at it. You want to miss work because you need to be at church during work hours - hit the road.

zert

I agree.

zert

Isn't freedom of religion a protected right?

muldoon

It is - one of a few.

The debate is which rights supercede others.

Should cops have to protect an abortion clinic under threat?
    Should the testimony of a man be worth than a woman?
    If a simple blood transfusion will save the life of a kid, does the state intervene or let the kid possibly die because the parents refuse based on religious grounds?

magyarsvensk
    magyarsvensk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I mean, the idea of separation of church and state didn't start with the founding fathers. It was really Jesus' idea.

“Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.”

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Christians are not about keeping their thoughts to themselves.
    They need to tell you that they have all the answers.
    Need to tell us what we're missing.

Atheists & agnostics are the quiet ones with little to no voice.
    Thats largely because we dont allow the size of our insecurities to disembow the person to whom we identify with...

Personal insecurities are a penetrate and religion is a obvious tool used to mask these peoples personal shortcomings...

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

But remember, there is no right to freedom FROM religion. That is why the freedom of religion means that all laws come from GOD and which is administered by his ordained followers. NOT THE MUSLIMS.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

There's a few things that does bother me a little...

1. It's when someone says... "My God is better than your God." This happens when... for example... a Baptist runs into a Catholic. A Baptist will always try to overpower a Catholic. You never see a Catholic go ape sh#$ when it comes to religion. It's always a Born Again Christian... or Jehovah's Witness... trying to spread the word around to get you to convert. You'll never hear a Catholic say... hey... LET ME CONVERT YOU TODAY! So... again... My God is better than your God... is the dumbest thing ever.

2. I went to a private school back in the late 80's to early 90's. We always said "A Pledge Of Allegiance" before school started session. From what I hear... schools don't do it anymore. Let me tell you this... A Pledge Of Allegiance was written in 1892. The words "Under God" were added in 1954. All of a sudden schools don't say this pledge anymore. Is this to take our freedom or our God away from us? Regardless... it kept UNITY IN TACT. So... because it's not said in schools anymore... because of all the different nationalities in our country now??? Well tell you what... get the fuk out of our country if you don't like the pledge being said out loud.

Don't try to change our system because of different ethnic backgrounds who have entered our land. This is why our freedom is at stake. Because our nation is so damn divided.

It's all the younger generation trying to change everything. Like they know what the fuk is going on? It's called being rebellious. That's all it is.
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave TheMoneyShot 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Even non believers like myself like to believe this. If someone wants to believe in a guy who keeps tabs on you and at the end of the game, decides where you sit on idle for eternity, so be it.

However, that's not always the case. Whether it's some gal who won't do her job and serve a beer on a flight, some pharmacist who won't fill a prescription, the kentucky $80,000 year CLERK who won't stamp a paper for a gay couple.

Then there's this....

http://boingboing.net/2015/09/15/non...ho-refuse.html

I get it - maybe she's a crappy mom. Had it been my own kids, I'd have just paid the cash under the table and faked it through the God stuff, but this is where this shit (religion) treads outside the realm of innocent fantasy silliness and adversely affects the lives of others.
    100% agree.

The Kraken

The freedom to worship is a protected right.

The freedom to impose your version of christianity or whatever religion on others, is not a protected right.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

1. It's when someone says... "My God is better than your God." This happens when... for example... a Baptist runs into a Catholic. A Baptist will always try to overpower a Catholic. You never see a Catholic go ape sh#$ when it comes to religion. It's always a Born Again Christian... or Jehovah's Witness... trying to spread the word around to get you to convert. You'll never hear a Catholic say... hey... LET ME CONVERT YOU TODAY! So... again... My God is better than your God... is the dumbest thing ever.

2. I went to a private school back in the late 80's to early 90's. We always said "A Pledge Of Allegiance" before school started session. From what I hear... schools don't do it anymore. Let me tell you this... A Pledge Of Allegiance was written in 1892. The words "Under God" were added in 1954. All of a sudden schools don't say this pledge anymore. Is this to take our freedom or our God away from us? Regardless... it kept UNITY IN TACT. So... because it's not said in schools anymore... because of all the different nationalities in our country now??? Well tell you what... get the fuk out of our country if you don't like the pledge being said out loud.

Don't try to change our system because of different ethnic backgrounds who have entered our land. This is why our freedom is at stake. Because our nation is so damn divided.

It's all the younger generation trying to change everything. Like they know what the fuk is going on? It's called being rebellious. That's all it is.
    And thank god (pun intended) for that. Our previous generations have handed us off a fukked up world. I'm glad to see the younger generation trying to change things.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    And thank god (pun intended) for that. Our previous generations have handed us off a fukked up world. I'm glad to see the younger generation trying to change things.
    Krak... when you have a set system.... it gives you security... and you still had personal freedom. How didn't you have personal freedom?

Now... we have... everyone for themselves attitude. No holding doors for people... no ladies first when going inside a store... just a bunch of immature fuks an attitudes.

Being divided in our own homeland... is the worst thing ever.
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave TheMoneyShot 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brainfreeze

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I like this post money, but the end... This is not kids, kids don't have the power to float and fly in millions of immigrants and give them the incentive to do so. This is a plan money... Here's a book of an example of said plan.

http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520238244

Buffalo Nickle

All of a sudden schools don't say this pledge anymore. Is this to take our freedom or our God away from us? Regardless... it kept UNITY IN TACT. So... because it's not said in schools anymore... because of all the different nationalities in our country now??? Well tell you what... get the fuk out of our country if you don't like the pledge being said out loud.
    The Pledge of Allegiance recitation is designed to TAKE your freedom from you. They had you say it daily so that when you were drafted, you would serve without question because you are the property of the state.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Krak... when you have a set system.... it gives you security... and you still had personal freedom. How didn't you have personal freedom?

Now... we have... everyone for themselves attitude. No holding doors for people... no ladies first when going inside a store... just a bunch of immature fuks an attitudes.

Being divided in our own homeland... is the worst thing ever.
    Last sentence is very true

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

People should keep their religion to themselves just like trangenders and gay couples keep their beliefs to themselves. Oh wait, they don't.
    They are on every TV telling the whole country to accept them and their beliefs even if you don't believe that way. And if you don't believe their way, you are a homophone and a horrible person.

Please listen to our beliefs but keep yours to yourself. Bigots

muldoon

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    People should keep their religion to themselves just like trangenders and gay couples keep their beliefs to themselves. Oh wait, they don't.
    They are on every TV telling the whole country to accept them and their beliefs even if you don't believe that way. And if you don't believe their way, you are a homophone and a horrible person.
    A) Maybe in your world you believe they're on TV trying to turn you into a transgender or gay person - good luck with that
    B) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophone

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

How's that saying go.... "Religion is like a penis, it's fine to have one and be proud of it, but when you take it out and wave it in my face, that's when we have a problem."
    Attached Images  

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by chipper View Post
    How's that saying go.... "Religion is like a penis, it's fine to have one and be proud of it, but when you take it out and wave it in my face, that's when we have a problem."
    Hopefully at the very least your a female. Cant think of a person who'd call themselves a man going around using penis analogies.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Nickle View Post
    The Pledge of Allegiance recitation is designed to TAKE your freedom from you. They had you say it daily so that when you were drafted, you would serve without question because you are the property of the state.
    Well... if that is true... it is what it is.

I always thought it made you proud to be an American.

I remember the days I said it every single day... I use to get tired of saying it.

Now I realize the importance of unity.

Now... the military is a whole other deal. Won't get into that.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Did I read somewhere that someone said Catholics don't go ape $hit over religion?
    Seriously

For someone who is all for unity & keeping it the same, I'd have to ask 'why were you OK with them changing the pledge in 1954?"

zert

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    The freedom to worship is a protected right.

The freedom to impose your version of christianity or whatever religion on others, is not a protected right.
    I. How would a person go about imposing their religion on you?

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

I'm not into organized religion, but believe Christ died for us.

Since schools have stopped with anything religious along with our govt, has anyone noticed the lack of intolerance
    of each other? Schools are zoo's and our govt is in shambles. People on the street wouldn't even spit on you if you
    were on fire. The lack of respect for one another is atrocious.

Is that a lack of religion or just a natural tendency, because there's so many of us? Over 5 billion people have
    been added to the world since my birth.

Religion is a population controller, no doubt. Just look at Islamic countries. An atheist in those countries would last
    maybe a day, before being stoned, hung or their head cut off. So just be glad you live here and have the freedom
    to choose to be who you are.

Buffalo Nickle

Well... if that is true... it is what it is.

I always thought it made you proud to be an American.

I remember the days I said it every single day... I use to get tired of saying it.

Now I realize the importance of unity.

Now... the military is a whole other deal. Won't get into that.
    No doubt it is very effective propaganda and mind control. If you control the minds, you control the country. Teach them young to submit to power and authority and you will have them for a lifetime.

Buffalo Nickle

They can make laws that you cannot gamble or get gay married because they do not approve. It is against their religion. Or say you want to marry a couple of women because your religion says it is OK and you have freedom of religion. Well, F you.

muldoon

Read post 1

1234 ... Last