Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Dollar is getting too high hurting exports. A raise after the new year inevitable.
    But the common wisdom is a rate hike will strengthen the dollar and hurt exports so it is a reason to stay put.

I think it will come down to the CPI numbers for November to be released on Dec 15. We'll see.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    But the common wisdom is a rate hike will strengthen the dollar and hurt exports so it is a reason to stay put.

I think it will come down to the CPI numbers for November to be released on Dec 15. We'll see.
    Yes, you might be right, but to get more offshore money from countries buying our dollar, they need to raise rates.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

I think they'll increase rates this month and, frankly, I don't know why people are freaking out like this is the end of the world. This is no big deal. If you know how to manage your money and personal finances, this doesn't affect you.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    I think they'll increase rates this month and, frankly, I don't know why people are freaking out like this is the end of the world. This is no big deal. If you know how to manage your money and personal finances, this doesn't affect you.
    Love this post.

If you have a really strong feeling gas prices are going up for example, make money off of that. Don't be the sad bastard complaining when it goes to $5 a gallon and then get all happy that it drops down to $4/gal.

First 12