jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Marijuana Gummy Bears??? Did Anyone Try Them??

I believe the legal places have them

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Are they the sugarless kind? I heard the sugarless kind will make you sick.

aston
    aston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3658

They are crap!!! SAVE YOUR $$$$$$

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by aston View Post
    They are crap!!! SAVE YOUR $$$$$$
    They wont get you high?

How much do they cost?

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    They wont get you high?

How much do they cost?
    the cost can be cheap in pot shops but now we are finding out why
    it all depends, super hard to dose edibles
    most pot shops in Colorado got busted for having false potency labels
    18 shops out of 20 that where secretly tested by a lab had not even 10% of the said potency

I make my own edibles now. I make my own Cannabutter/CannaOil
    Extra Virgin unrefined non GMO coconut oil makes very potent canna oil
    At leas tthis way you have a better idea of how many actual milligram's are in your brownie or gummy bear

Even then its hard to nail the exact THC that is being administered per each edible
    Every strain has a dif THC % per gram, the ratio of plant matter per lb of coco oil / butter you use
    then once you have the conversion , you still gotta do math on how many tablespoons of weed infused oil
    you are putting into each batch, then break it down into how many pieces the batch will produce.

then on top of all that ratio bullshit, some peoples endocannabinoid systems
    do not allow the breakdown(bio availability) from the blood to brain barrier to metabolize
    as efficiently as the next persons. So one person eating the same potency
    and size of edible can get super ripped and the person next to him wont feel much

Sounds like a lot of blah blah I know, but its true, many variables with edibles
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

jjgold

ok pass then

Who the heck knows that your buying anyway

I hear they even have brands just for muscles

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

CashFlow knows...

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does Fidel ever throw taste testing parties? I need to sample some to determine potency, strictly scientific purposes.

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

Seems that it would be easier to pop a gummy or two then to eat just 1/6th of a cookie. What kind of a "dose" is that anyway? And who could possibly eat just 1/6th of a cookie?!? I read that the other day and was totally shocked. People in Colorado are actually "overdosing" because they are eating an entire cookie and not the recommended dose.

Fidel_CashFlow

K.V.B is my homey slice

Razzer, the whole process is basically free for me outside of the ingredients to make brownies,cookies,etc

Hell yes Id hook you up , edibles is great for sleeping troubles and PTSD

Sounds like a infomercial , but edibles(weed in general) but specifically edibles can change the wellness

of your life completely . When I decarb the weed im going to infuse, I make sure to do it at a length

that draws some of the CBD medicines out of the plant matter before it goes into the machine

so its perfect for insomnia,stress,pain , digestive problems, and many more ailments

By far the greatest thing about consuming edibles is the long lasting relief , one good edible

provides 6-8 hours of treatment . So you dot have to keep dosing as you would if you was inhaling

in order to provide relief. I cant front though, I always spit this medical mumbo jumbo but lets be honest

here, the main thing I use marijuana for is because I like the psychoactive high the THC gives ya

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by chipper View Post
    Seems that it would be easier to pop a gummy or two then to eat just 1/6th of a cookie. What kind of a "dose" is that anyway? And who could possibly eat just 1/6th of a cookie?!? I read that the other day and was totally shocked. People in Colorado are actually "overdosing" because they are eating an entire cookie and not the recommended dose.
    Like I said above, its so damn complicated cuz there are so many layers of variables

One of the biggest is, how much plant matter per cup of whatever extractable material you are going to use

For starters you would want to use at least a half ounce of quality nug per 1 cup of coco oil or butter

Coco Oil is by far the best due to its high Saturated fat content per tablespoon , science shows that sat fat

is the most important element to getting a full conversion since there is more allowable surface area for the

THC to absorb into. Let me tell ya right now, unless they are throwing in a lot of Nug per cup there is no way

that 1/6 of a cookie is going to get you zoned . The potency and uniqueness of whatever strain your going to

use is very important, but its still going to take a shit load of nug to have that effect

(no matter how potent the strain is)

Hard to believe many people in Colorado are "overdosing" since that is not possible, but I know what you meant

when you said that, you are speaking of a tolerance overdose, which is still hard to believe since that secret raid

of testing on 20 pot shops show not even 10% of what labeled THC per ** is really in the edibles they are selling.

Best way to dose it to have your own butter or oil and take take it by the teaspoon or tablespoon

Helps to give you a more estimated dose....

makeway
    makeway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

I make marijuana infused ice cream which I am a week or so from selling in dispensaries. We individually dose each ice cream, which comes in a pint cup, each cup contains 420 milligrams of thc. We have been working on this for 18 months and the only way we can guarantee each ice cream has the advertised amount, is to individually dose each unit. We go through a couple of processes, one of which is to decarb. Each batch we have lab tested and from there we know how much to dose, so that each pint will have 420 milligrams. I love edibles and the sustained high they give. Bad experiences come from companies not delivering the thc amount as advertised. I have had jolly rancher, gummy bear, brownies, basically any edible out there. There are companies who know what they are doing and there are companies who don't. The bad ones that don't provide a consistent product, make all edible companies look bad.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I don't know JJ, you're a republican now and something like pot gummy bears sounds way to liberal.

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

I just take 1.5-2 oz of bud and put it in a double boiler with 2 sticks of butter. Cook for approx. 2-3 hours, strain and pour mixture into a plastic tub. Hardens to look just like green butter which I then use in various ways, but mainly in an oatmeal cookie recipe calling for 4 oz of butter. I usually get 36 cookies out of a batch. Very easy, quick and effective. But, I always start by only eating 1/2 cookie and waiting an hour or so before trying more. Potency is difficult to judge initially so I start slow. Healthier than smoking and last 2-3 times longer.....

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by sshz View Post
    I just take 1.5-2 oz of bud and put it in a double boiler with 2 sticks of butter. Cook for approx. 2-3 hours, strain and pour mixture into a plastic tub. Hardens to look just like green butter which I then use in various ways, but mainly in an oatmeal cookie recipe calling for 4 oz of butter. I usually get 36 cookies out of a batch. Very easy, quick and effective. But, I always start by only eating 1/2 cookie and waiting an hour or so before trying more. Potency is difficult to judge initially so I start slow. Healthier than smoking and last 2-3 times longer.....
    I had a buddy that swore by that method. He didn't make cookies, but started each day with some buttered toast or muffin. It was pretty dam good that way. Put a little on some popcorn, munch and bake.

Fidel_CashFlow

Quote Originally Posted by sshz View Post
    1.5 to 2 oz with 2 sticks ?
    You cookies better come out super potent, strong enough to where half one and your good for 6-8 hours
    the most widely used conversion is 1 oz/28 grams of high quality nug per 2 cups oil or butter
    and 2 cups butter would be 4 sticks not 2... damn my man that is a strong ratio.

Are you decarbing?If not, and you already like the results you are getting then this will really tickle your tailfeather
    Its basically an activation process so the weed can become
    more bio available for your endocannabinoid system to take in
    The boring science behind this is you are turning THCA (Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid) into THC (Tetrahydocannabinoil)
    when you decarb. By releasing that molecule during the decarb before mixing it in with the butter or coconut oil
    and turning the THCA into THC you gain more of the psychoactive effect (head high) most of us are yearning for.
    No reason not to decarb, you might only be gettin 20% of the potential your weed has to offer. Activate that shit bro

Get a glass baking dish that has a lid ( or a pan with aluminum foil covering it) I use the glass pan with glass lid
    get a digital thermometer so you can know the exact temps your oven is really heating up to throughout the process
    and lay your nugs on the tray in one layer, then put it in the preheated oven at 230 degrees for 35 minutes exactly

I also recommend NON GMO soy lecithin granules, tablespoon per cup ... this is a emulsifier so it naturally
    helps items to mix and blend in with one another. Some consider one of the most important steps
    I personally think its the decarb .....

And you should drop that unsalted butter you are using and switch to Coco oil.
    Unless you are clarifying the butter you have less surface area for all of the weed to attach itself to during the cook.
    With coco oil its 100% surface area absorption , and Coco Oil is lightyears better for you than butter.

Hope you try those 3 things, decarb, unrefined non gmo coco oil, and soy lecithin
    you are using a lot of fukkin nug for 2 freaking sticks of butter, why not get as much potential as possible, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by makeway View Post
    I make marijuana infused ice cream which I am a week or so from selling in dispensaries. We individually dose each ice cream, which comes in a pint cup, each cup contains 420 milligrams of thc. We have been working on this for 18 months and the only way we can guarantee each ice cream has the advertised amount, is to individually dose each unit. We go through a couple of processes, one of which is to decarb. Each batch we have lab tested and from there we know how much to dose, so that each pint will have 420 milligrams. I love edibles and the sustained high they give. Bad experiences come from companies not delivering the thc amount as advertised. I have had jolly rancher, gummy bear, brownies, basically any edible out there. There are companies who know what they are doing and there are companies who don't. The bad ones that don't provide a consistent product, make all edible companies look bad.
    420 milligrams of THC into pint of Ice Cream
    thats 4 damn strong doses or 8 above average doses each pint
    what time and temp do you decarb at ?
    how much you going to sell it for per pint?

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

You know I just took some about a half hour ago, and I gotta tell you I don't feel anythingohmygodunicornsinmyhouseandtheyl ookfriendlyoneofthemisnamedbalderdash

sshz

Hi Fidel.....nice response. The double boiler, with it's mild heating process for 3 hours, serves as the decarbing of the bud. No need to decarb beyond that. It's all about the heat. I've done it both ways and noticed no difference. As a legal and long term grower since 1988, I found the things that makes the real difference is the quality of buds used. Some things will comatose me, others just take me to the edge. I figure with my cookie recipe, all you need is 1/2 a cookie to mess you up, if eaten on an empty stomach. Most people freak out if they eat more than that. My tolerance is way up there these days......and I can't imagine them being any stronger than they already are. Also the recipe is only for 4 oz. of butter, or 1 stick.

Look up Cannabrix kit out of Canada in google. This is a kit containing what you need to make medical grade capsules which I used for years. It uses lecithin, pepper extract, etc that make the process easy and very potent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel_CashFlow View Post
    1.5 to 2 oz with 2 sticks ?
    You cookies better come out super potent, strong enough to where half one and your good for 6-8 hours
    the most widely used conversion is 1 oz/28 grams of high quality nug per 2 cups oil or butter
    and 2 cups butter would be 4 sticks not 2... damn my man that is a strong ratio.

Are you decarbing?If not, and you already like the results you are getting then this will really tickle your tailfeather
    Its basically an activation process so the weed can become
    more bio available for your endocannabinoid system to take in
    The boring science behind this is you are turning THCA (Tetrahydrocannabinolic Acid) into THC (Tetrahydocannabinoil)
    when you decarb. By releasing that molecule during the decarb before mixing it in with the butter or coconut oil
    and turning the THCA into THC you gain more of the psychoactive effect (head high) most of us are yearning for.
    No reason not to decarb, you might only be gettin 20% of the potential your weed has to offer. Activate that shit bro

Get a glass baking dish that has a lid ( or a pan with aluminum foil covering it) I use the glass pan with glass lid
    get a digital thermometer so you can know the exact temps your oven is really heating up to throughout the process
    and lay your nugs on the tray in one layer, then put it in the preheated oven at 230 degrees for 35 minutes exactly

I also recommend NON GMO soy lecithin granules, tablespoon per cup ... this is a emulsifier so it naturally
    helps items to mix and blend in with one another. Some consider one of the most important steps
    I personally think its the decarb .....

And you should drop that unsalted butter you are using and switch to Coco oil.
    Unless you are clarifying the butter you have less surface area for all of the weed to attach itself to during the cook.
    With coco oil its 100% surface area absorption , and Coco Oil is lightyears better for you than butter.

Hope you try those 3 things, decarb, unrefined non gmo coco oil, and soy lecithin
    you are using a lot of fukkin nug for 2 freaking sticks of butter, why not get as much potential as possible, ya know?

420 milligrams of THC into pint of Ice Cream
    thats 4 damn strong doses or 8 above average doses each pint
    what time and temp do you decarb at ?
    how much you going to sell it for per pint?

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

vodka gummy bears aren't too bad

jjgold

Stick to the pipe or roll them
    Traditional ways the best

cookies??

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

What's the best strain if you're just trying to chill and relax your mind but still be in control with energy?

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

welcome to sbr, maker

sshz

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    What's the best strain if you're just trying to chill and relax your mind but still be in control with energy?
    Many good things out there today.....the best things in the last few years has been DNA "Holy Grail Kush", Sweet Seeds "Green Poison" or Big Buddha's "Blue Cheese". My list is endless but I can easily recommend these to anyone.

There was a study done recently that edibles purchased from shops were rip offs and almost never contained the thc they are advertising. It's always best to make your own.

jjgold

some real experts in here

We tried 15 years ago to grow in county park but maintenance crews mowed it over thinking it was weeds

KingHutch
    KingHutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    some real experts in here

We tried 15 years ago to grow in county park but maintenance crews mowed it over thinking it was weeds

makeway

Fidel, Thank you. We initially ordered our packaging and we intended to sell one pint that contained 100 milligrams. But as we tested it, we found that people wanted more thc and we would get feedback like " love your ice cream, but I don't want to eat a whole pint to get only 100 milligrams" It caught us off guard, but we decided to separate ourselves from other companies and go bigger. So we went to 420 milligrams and in testing the feedback was very good. In the last year, I have seen companies offer a lot more thc. There are now 1000 milligram cookies and other edibles in the 800 range. We decarb it the usual way. We are lucky that our chef is a chemist, his knowledge has been huge for us. Making money at this is our first goal, but being able to help people has been an added plus. My tax guy's father was going through chemo and couldn't hold anything down and was losing too much weight. We gave him our ice cream daily, one pint in the afternoon and one near bedtime. From eating our ice cream, he added a pound in his first week. I know. that one pound does not sound like much, but it was a big thing for him. He ended up getting close to his normal weight and also was very happy to not take as many meds as the body high he got, made him feel better. He also loved what a deep nights sleep he got. We hear that one a lot.

compaqDikk
    compaqDikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: packerd_00

Golf Fan 22
    A bad day of Golf still beats work
    Golf Fan 22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

are there any cookbooks that you can recommend?

sshz

There are way better recipes on the web than in most of the books I've read.........do some research, I think you'll find what you're looking for.

makeway

Golf Fan 22, I have not seen any good cookbooks. But there is so much information on the internet, so many good forums.

jjgold

I just bought an old fashion pipe and going to smoke tobacco

Healthier than weed

Golf Fan 22
    A bad day of Golf still beats work
    Golf Fan 22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I just bought an old fashion pipe and going to smoke tobacco

Healthier than weed