Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Licensing, waiting periods, small ammo capacity all good things that do not affect lawful ownership whilst making it tougher for 'emotional' people to get guns fast or from easily getting weapons that can kill a lot of people fast.
    and we already have all this shit........ it's not stopping the crazed lunatics..... they just have to wait til they get the shit, merely gives their victims a few extra weeks/months to enjoy life before getting gunned down in dramatic fashion

a psycho that's emotional enough to kill someone one day, will be as emotional, if not more, a few weeks/months later.... probably worse, as a result of the f'n waiting period....... a good argument could thus be made that waiting periods actually make the situation worse. Cops reported, "he wouldn't have had the extra clips of ammo but for the waiting period, waiting pissed him off so much he brought more ammo, and had more time to scrape up cash for more bullets, etc."

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    There is NO Law that can be passed to keep weapons out of the hands of bad guys.

None.

Therefore, STOP trying to skrew around with the Constitution.
    Between Josh and Recon, they've helped me see the errors in my way of thinking regarding the constitution. I was wrong.

But I believe meaningful gun reform should be considered. Don't take this as me saying we should hand over our guns, I've never said that. Gun reform is broad and not all bad. In my experiences, even some of the most conservative, ex military men that I know, are ok with some gun reform, they simply don't want to give a foot and let the government take a yard. They're afraid it's a slippery slope and I get that.

But don't fall into the trap of thinking we can't improve on our current system, or atleast debate it, simply because of the second amendment.
    Last edited by The Kraken; 09-01-15 at 09:36 AM.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by FilletMaster View Post

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    There is NO Law that can be passed to keep weapons out of the hands of bad guys.

None.

Exactly. This is what it all boils down to.

The Kraken

So then what do you propose Daft? Leave everything as it is?

Auto Donk

well, as my grandfather once said, after hearing dave winfield signed for a million bucks, "shit, i remember when you could buy a whole truckload for a hundred bucks," all black lives must matter.......... otherwise the price would've been only fifty bucks.......

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Heartbreaking for the Dad and her family, but he is fighting an impossible battle. If nothing happened after 20 children were killed at Sandy Hook, it looks like nothing will ever get done.
    Wow

Do you look into anything before spewing this garbage?

The Kraken

Is this a false flag, Sour?

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Is this a false flag, Sour?
    100%

Anyone who has eyes can see it

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

I've had a few experiences with mental people. My ex had schizophrenia, depression you name it. Still does.
    Hereditary. My son in law has bi polar. Hereditary.

Both are fine on medication, but the medication has to be right and is experimented with dosage by the doctor
    until they get it right. During that time is when shit can get real. Some medicines can make them worse.
    Or if they have been on it for a while and stop, is when shit can get real.

By real, my ex when off her medication has run around the yard naked doing cartwheels in front of my young
    boys, her friends and family. Son in law not taking his medication, asked a cop where he was in N Carolina.
    600 miles from home.

Should there be a law if someone has mental issues to have their house gone through to remove guns, knives
    hammers and such? Probably not. Infringes on privacy laws. Wouldn't be a bad idea for the doctor to suggest
    the removal of those items.

You aren't going to be able to keep guns from the bad guys, but we could keep guns away from the mental,
    just by raising awareness to the family.

Auto Donk

naked cartwheels....... sounds like she may have been supplementing her "meds" with crystal meth.......

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    I've had a few experiences with mental people. My ex had schizophrenia, depression you name it. Still does.

Both are fine on medication, but the medication has to be right and is experimented with dosage by the doctor
    until they get it right. During that time is when shit can get real. Some medicines can make them worse.

By real, my ex when off her medication has run around the yard naked doing cartwheels in front of my young
    boys, her friends and family. Son in law not taking his medication, asked a cop where he was in N Carolina.
    600 miles from home.

Should there be a law if someone has mental issues to have their house gone through to remove guns, knives
    hammers and such? Probably not. Infringes on privacy laws. Wouldn't be a bad idea for the doctor to suggest

You aren't going to be able to keep guns from the bad guys, but we could keep guns away from the mental,
    Who exactly will be those people who have the authority to declare another person mentally unstable? This will be another abused authority used to further the liberal agenda just like the irs scandal.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post

600 miles from home.

You don't wanna have government dictating whose crazy etc. I personally think Federal government is nuttier than squirrel shit.
    Sorry about your ex, but in my experiences bi-polar is just code word for someone who needs an ass kicking.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Who exactly will be those people who have the authority to declare another person mentally unstable? This will be another abused authority used to further the liberal agenda just like the irs scandal.
    Plenty of psychologists out there who are authorized. My ex knew something was wrong and checked herself in.
    Her mother and her were real close. Her mother died and she took it bad. I tried everything before she told
    me to get out. I hated leaving my boys with her, but the law is the law. Boys are grown now. She just got
    out of an asylum after a year in. Don't know how she's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post

You don't wanna have government dictating whose crazy etc. I personally think Federal government is nuttier than squirrel shit.
    Sorry about your ex, but in my experiences bi-polar is just code word for someone who needs an ass kicking.
    Well, just about every mass shooting we've had was because of crazy people. If doctors would recommend removing
    guns from the premises and it was done, how many tragedies would've been avoided? Just an idea, instead of trying to take guns away from sane people.

Yeah, my son in law does need his ass kicked. Bipolar people are usually crazy happy one minute and down in the
    dumps the next. He's neither. He's just lazy and doesn't want to work. His wife finally said enough and told him to get a job or GTFO.

First 12