DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8468

The Sad Truth About Today’s World

The Sad Truth About Today’s World Illustrated By Steve Cutts

1 day ago by
    Martynas Klimas

Art isn’t all fairytale photoshoots and landscape shots – it can also act as catalyst of change. And Steve Cutts thinks that many things in the world should be different. Work shouldn’t be a grinding, soul-crushing rat race for the almighty dollar. Consumerism shouldn’t hold a vice-like grip on our lives. And social media, well, we need to throw-off the shackles we so eagerly put on ourselves. Wouldn’t life be better then?

Steve Cutts is an illustrator and animator from London. Faced with the choice of working at McDonalds or studying Fine Arts, he chose the latter. He worked at Glueisobar as the main storyboard concept artist before making the leap to freelance work. Cutts makes videos and images that criticize modern life – he states that insanity of humanity is an endless pool of inspiration.

More info:
    stevecutts.com | facebook | twitter

Points Awarded:

Isaiah gave DwightShrute 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Da Manster! gave DwightShrute 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Kraken gave DwightShrute 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PAULYPOKER gave DwightShrute 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

smokenjoke gave DwightShrute 6 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Isaiah, Da Manster!, Gonad, PAULYPOKER, and smokenjoke

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3609

So very true. And sad.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Wow great stuff. Last night I was watching Back to the Future 2 you know the one where they travel forward in time to the year 2015 as I was watching it I was thinking and laughing to myself about if they really traveled to the year 2015 Marty McFly would be like what are these square things everyone's holding in their face and he would try to talk to people but they would be too busy tendering and texting and you would be wondering what the hell happened to the world, just my take on it. Pretty sad when you think about it.

BrickJames
    Action

And this new generation is a bunch of wired little touchy feely feminists that i really feel sorry for.

Lately I've been feeling very old as I can still remember calling peoples houses to ask for them and listening to CDs and cassette tapes and writing someone a handwritten note on paper.

I deleted my Facebook years ago and haven't looked back since.

I'm still on Instagram and Twitter but that's just because all the hot chicks there's no way I could ever get away from those sites lol

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2762

good post and that artist has some major talent!...

BrickJames
    Action

Go to his website and watch the "where are they now". So epic if you remember the eighties

BrickJames
    Action

Here is the link
    https://youtu.be/BsjwrA_Oo18

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Very true and sad.. Liked the picture illustrations as some of them are spot on.. Thanks OP..

Social Media is making this world anti social.. People are soon gonna forget how to speak to other people in the flesh.. I see people these days paying more attention to their smart phones then the actual people around them... Especially the younger generations.. Everyone is plugged in...

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

So true. I actually liked it better when everyone did not have a cell phone. I mean I am standing in the line in the grocery store and 3 people ahead of me are on their stupid phones doing probably worthless shit. Finally it is their turn in line and the cashier has to get their attention to pay for their fukin items? I mean what is so fukin important that these people need to have their faces glued to their cell phone. I am sure they are not checking the scores of games then I could understand but these are soccer moms with little kids waiting in line and their kids are running around and they are more concerned with what the fuk is on their cell phone. It is becoming a major problem. And don't even get me started on the people who are driving and using their fuking phones. They can't even drive good in the first place now they have a cell phone to play with while they drive. My fukin god. I almost wish that cell phones were as expensive as they were back when they first came out. Then only a few who could afford them would have them. Now they are so cheap everyone has one. And these are really stupid people with them. It is horrible.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

the new millennium, the era of modern day slaves.

though we can no longer live without it, the advent of the internet just killed our society.

age of innocence, age of middle class, age of freedom, all ended in the 90's.

most are too physically and mentally tired to realize this.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

actually, americans and working out/exercising as much now as ever... the last 3-4 years has seen a significant increase in people getting off their asses.. maybe its the non-stop warnings about food and the diseases/issues it causes or ridiculous price increases in fast food, who knows... but people seem to at least be hitting the gym more... baby steps, dwight