rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10542

Better you than me going cold turkey. Ugh. Get some St John's Wart. Will take the edge off.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

4 days now going strong...St Johns wart has probably helped (tons) thanks Rkelly for that.

Lock I am eating sunflower seeds but not that often....maybe 30 minutes a day.

I eat a few hard candies and try to walk a lap or two around my COMPOUND (see JJ for explanation) when I get anxious to smoke.

I read in a bible devotional book (specifically about quitting smoking) to try walking a few times a day and 5 glasses of water along with avoiding alcohol and caffeine and I incorporated that...well almost...I took a shot or two of Jack Daniels last night and I have continued to drink one cup of coffee in the AM. The temptation to smoke during these times is extremely hard but doable with yoda type willpower.

The rest of the day all water and non caffeinated drinks such as 7up.

I've had frisky time once and been in the car a few times now without as much a struggle as I thought it would be.

I went swimming today and have been able to smell things and breath better than I have in probably 10+ years.

Thank you to everyone with the support in this thread and of course my wife who has stuck with me and supported me the entire way through.

Points Awarded:

rkelly110 gave Ra77er 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jowframs
    Jowframs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6645

Yep
    Cold Turkey
    hatem or lovem

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Ra77er
    Best of luck to you , it's a lot of mental in quiting.
    I quit 4 Yrs 11 months ago after walking out of the doctors office being told "You've got cancer". 38 Yrs old with cancer. That wasn't in my mind.
    The smoking wasn't the cause of the cancer I had but I sure went home and done some serious thinking and smoking was not in my future .I haven't smoked since .
    You can do it and try to keep your mind off of it
    Again , a great decision you're making.
    Best of luck to you

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    Just don't buy another pack and stop. If you need gum, patches, pills, etc you really don't want to quit. Cold turkey is the only way to go. Don't be a pussy. I did it, so I know its not that hard. After about a week, it doesn't even bother you anymore except when you're drinking
    So true, as soon as you tell your mind, I won't smoke a single sig, it's done. Everyone smokes around me, parents, friends etc etc, its not an excuse and I dont get any withdrawals if ur mind is strong, but I guess it depends on people...

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

how's it going now Razzer ?

First 123