eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Cop vs driver pulled and drives away: WHat should cop do?

So if a police officer pulls someone over, and while talking to the person they start their car up real fast to drive away, what do you think the police officer should do RIGHT WHEN THE CAR IS TURNED ON?

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Move

Nothing, the driver has made it plain and clear he does not want to be pulled over or deal with the police officers shenanigans so the cop having no right to pull him over should just let him go.
    Last edited by downsouth; 07-30-15 at 12:10 AM.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Shoot their tires.

eidolon
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Move

Nothing, the driver has made it plain and clear he does not want to be pulled over or deal with the police officers shenanigans so the cop having no right to pull him over should just let him go.
    The cop did have a right to pull him over, and that is why he did.
    He should just let him go and get in a car chase? or what should the cop do?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

In Canada you would Get back on your horse & give chase!

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    In Canada you would Get back on your horse & give chase!
    Points Awarded:

Ra77er gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo, and eidolon

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    The cop did have a right to pull him over, and that is why he did.
    He should just let him go and get in a car chase? or what should the cop do?
    Radio it as a Pursuit.
    Before a stop, cops give out description of the vehicle and location of the stop. Normally another unit would arrive as backup (even though it's just a routine traffic stop). At this point when the driver decides to take off, it becomes a pursuit and dispatch can give all units information.

Why do you ask?

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JMobile View Post
    Why do you ask?
    because in this half-wits brain the cop was correct in shooting him in the face. after all... if he drives off in great haste, he could crash into someone else and kill them, so clearly he should just have his face blow halfway off right there.

eidolon
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    because in this half-wits brain the cop was correct in shooting him in the face. after all... if he drives off in great haste, he could crash into someone else and kill them, so clearly he should just have his face blow halfway off right there.
    You are jumping to conclusions of my view on the matter.
    Your hate is retarding your intellect.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

definitely not shoot him in the head point blank if thats what youre asking

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

do nothing...not a threat but get out of way and have your gun pulled once he leaves

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10564

No license, bottle in the car, refused to get out of the car and tried to go......put a bullet in his skull!

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3518

What kind of a man drinks Gin anyway?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

That cop shot him first before driving off at 1:55 of video.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    No license, bottle in the car, refused to get out of the car and tried to go......put a bullet in his skull!
    are you sure?

You would be losing a vote to expand welfare, unemployment, higher minimum wage etc... You know all the dumb shit you say that you don't use a calculator for, this guy would have been on your team.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose View Post
    What kind of a man drinks Gin anyway?

A guy with class, GG

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

You can only have so many interactions with the police before things don't end well.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

You are jumping to conclusions of my view on the matter.
    Your hate is retarding your intellect.
    So what is this about? Did a story hit or something? Why do you ask? These are the procedures for a pursuit. If the driver was considered armed and dangerous, then procedures are taken over by the sergeant or supervisor.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10564

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    are you sure?

You would be losing a vote to expand welfare, unemployment, higher minimum wage etc... You know all the dumb shit you say that you don't use a calculator for, this guy would have been on your team.
    Do us all a favor brooksy. In your avatar, turn the gun around.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought it could've been an accidental discharge but if I were the cop I THINK I would've gotten to safety first and called it in. These situations are fluid though and split second decisions can make you act irrationally at times.

People in this thread that think they already know what they would do in that situation actually don't know anything (no offense mug tap). It's easy to sit and critique but another to actually live it. I'm sure we have some ex cops on the board or whatever and that would be the only ones that could comment on this accurately.

I don't look at that situation as racial at all but literally a sad loss due to poor judgement by both individuals in that particular situation.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)

I finally saw the video. Well, the cop has a warrant for his arrest is a good way to begin the justice. Nothing justifiable about firing the handgun. Hope the cop does time for this.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    That cop shot him first before driving off at 1:55 of video.
    No, the car was already in drive and moving prior to the shot being fired. That is why the cop said "stop" twice before firing. Analysts have already confirmed this. The problem seems to be that the cop wasn't "dragged" far enough to condone shooting the man because he felt that he was in fear for his life, and I completely agree. The cop most definitely got knocked to the ground though as you can see him getting up, so this is why the other cops may have agreed that he was dragged.

While the cop made a piss poor judgement call, there were 2 people at fault here. The man with the suspended license who didn't want to comply while raising the tension the entire time and then attempting to drive off, and the dumbass young cop who was so quick to pull the trigger.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    No, the car was already in drive and moving prior to the shot being fired. That is why the cop said "stop" twice before firing. Analysts have already confirmed this. The problem seems to be that the cop wasn't "dragged" far enough to condone shooting the man because he felt that he was in fear for his life, and I completely agree. The cop most definitely got knocked to the ground though as you can see him getting up, so this is why the other cops may have agreed that he was dragged.

While the cop made a piss poor judgement call, there were 2 people at fault here. The man with the suspended license who didn't want to comply while raising the tension the entire time and then attempting to drive off, and the dumbass young cop who was so quick to pull the trigger.
    Doesn't matter its all over for him now. Between him, the cop in SC, and the cop who shot the guy at the gas station I don't think I've ever seen anyone as cowardly or scary as those three in my life.

eidolon
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Doesn't matter its all over for him now. Between him, the cop in SC, and the cop who shot the guy at the gas station I don't think I've ever seen anyone as cowardly or scary as those three in my life.
    The one at the gas station is so ridiculous. WTF was going through the cops head?
    How did that cop pass any training?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

So if a police officer pulls someone over, and while talking to the person they start their car up real fast to drive away, what do you think the police officer should do RIGHT WHEN THE CAR IS TURNED ON?
    pull out the shotgun and shoot out both of the tires.

then run up on the car and they start clubbing the suspect and then taze the suspect before handcuffin.

after the suspect is cuffed, kick the suspect in the nut sack for good measure.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

The one at the gas station is so ridiculous. WTF was going through the cops head?
    How did that cop pass any training?

I used to play baseball for a community college.

at this college they also did the police academy training... that shit was a fukkin joke. They did there training in the same College gym and used alot of the same facilities so i watched them train for months.

the shit they made them do ANYBODY could pass. The physical test are not hard. I cannot imagine the mental test being very hard either.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

This is avoided if no pulling away.be compliant