daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Human beings are hard wired to take short cuts. Americans have just gotten really good at it. As someone who works with college kids, I can attest that every year is worse. The newer generation is definitely the "now generation" and many feel like they're entitled.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10542

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Bro, do u have any sort of clue as to how our presidents are elected? Do you still think that our votes matter and that our next president hasn't been decided yet?
    Who decides then? You think it was decided by an entity to elect Bush to two terms and Obama twice?

Everyone of some of you think it's a conspiracy theory that our presidents are manipulated into office by an illuminati. Guess what, YOU are the illuminati. Get your asses registered and vote. Not just the big one, everything!

It's your right to vote, write your representative and or protest. Sure, the people who you vote for sometimes
    won't win and it's frustrating, but that comes with the territory. No worse than losing a bet.

Doing nothing, get's nothing done. You get what you get if you don't participate.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Is it really any of your business what other people eat? Because u think you're eating healthy doesn't mean it's good for others. What I eat is nobody's business.
    She can eat dik for all I care. The point of the thread is why Americans are Fat. Well... get a hold of yourself... No need for that coffin to weigh an extra 500 lbs when they put you under.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11484

and that our next president hasn't been decided yet?
    Newsflash: our next president hasn't been decided yet. Please don't insist he (or she) has because there are too many fookin' idiots on this board already.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Newsflash: our next president hasn't been decided yet. Please don't insist he (or she) has because there are too many fookin' idiots on this board already.
    Newsflash, yes it has.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7892

Newsflash, yes it has.
    maybe

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Who decides then? You think it was decided by an entity to elect Bush to two terms and Obama twice?

Everyone of some of you think it's a conspiracy theory that our presidents are manipulated into office by an illuminati. Guess what, YOU are the illuminati. Get your asses registered and vote. Not just the big one, everything!

It's your right to vote, write your representative and or protest. Sure, the people who you vote for sometimes
    won't win and it's frustrating, but that comes with the territory. No worse than losing a bet.

Doing nothing, get's nothing done. You get what you get if you don't participate.
    Couldnt be more wrong.

DwightShrute

by not voting you are still making your voice heard aren't you?

An educated voter deciding not to vote as opposed to an uneducated voter who was told you should vote and does. Who's worse? Or who's better?

sourtwist
    not a non pro

http://www.citizensamericaparty.org/breadandcircus.htm

Guys, give this a read. If you still think we are really on different sides, lmk. We are all fukked the same by our leaders.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    maybe

It's sad that people are still under the illusion that they can make a difference by voting.

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

it's sad that discouraged idiots like you think that voting can't solve anything. although... it's a step up from your previous position: voting for some tea party, koch-shill because he keeps saying "freedom".

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    it's sad that discouraged idiots like you think that voting can't solve anything. although... it's a step up from your previous position: voting for some tea party, koch-shill because he keeps saying "freedom".

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

If voting could change anything it would be illegal

scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    If voting could change anything it would be illegal
    so the people who elected FDR didn't affect change?

how about the working-class who voted for reagan? they affected change... against their own interests.

voting can change things; it's all about the candidate. democracy works; sadly the fascists among us want you to think it doesn't.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

how about the working-class who voted for reagan? they affected change... against their own interests.

voting can change things; it's all about the candidate. democracy works; sadly the fascists among us want you to think it doesn't.
    I have no idea. I read it on a bumper sticker.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: scumbag, and teaserpleaser

rkelly110

by not voting you are still making your voice heard aren't you?

An educated voter deciding not to vote as opposed to an uneducated voter who was told you should vote and does. Who's worse? Or who's better?
    No. By not voting, you are leaving those who do, the means to control those that don't.

IE mid term elections.

There was a lack of voters, because I guess there was no hoopla. Now we are controlled by the Repubs.
    Might not be a big deal now, but if we get a Repub Pres, we are fukked.

DwightShrute

. Now we are controlled by the Repubs.
    that's a good thing.

Its gotten to the point where people aren't voting for a good candidate but rather against someone.

Its like no one bothers to attend any home games of your local team anymore except when the most hated team comes to town.

Not voting is your right and still sends a message.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Dwight, the voice of reason can only be heard by a few, and the masses will lead themselves into a blind slaughter while bringing their family and friends, and even us simply because we are outnumbered by stupidity and ignorance.

DwightShrute

Dwight, the voice of reason can only be heard by a few, and the masses will lead themselves into a blind slaughter while bringing their family and friends, and even us simply because we are outnumbered by stupidity and ignorance.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er

rkelly110

that's a good thing.

Its gotten to the point where people aren't voting for a good candidate but rather against someone.

Its like no one bothers to attend any home games of your local team anymore except when the most hated team comes to town.

Not voting is your right and still sends a message.
    So you guys think doing nothing and not worrying about who's controlling you, things will change?

Hey, if you got something better than voting, I'm all ears boys, lay it on me.

ByeShea

Newsflash, yes it has.
    Yeah? Who is it?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by ByeShea View Post
    Yeah? Who is it?
    It's one of the Koch brothers

ByeShea

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    It's one of the Koch brothers
    Day after the election that clown is gonna go ... SEE. IT'S FIXED.

DwightShrute

So you guys think doing nothing and not worrying about who's controlling you, things will change?

Hey, if you got something better than voting, I'm all ears boys, lay it on me.
    I am only saying is voting is up to you and if you choose not to, you are still making a statement the same as someone voting is.

Its one of those things in life where you understand even though you wouldn't do it. Kinda like being a Dallas Cowboys fan. I know several. I have known them for years. I like hanging out with them watching the games. But I would never fukking be caught dead wearing a Cowboys jersey and would rather cut off one of my fingers than to cheer for them to win a game. But yet I understand there are fans of the team.

Personally, whenever I was eligible to vote, I would.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14032

i'm getting really hungry just trust in donald trump ok football in 6 wks. settle down

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Sometimes irony is just too good to pass up.

Originally Posted by The Kraken

I dont have time to rwad all this, have we solved racism yet?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32775

Soros is a bigger idiot.
    You think Bernie the fraud is goingt to solve anything?

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

Sometimes irony is just too good to pass up.

Originally Posted by The Kraken

I dont have time to rwad all this, have we solved racism yet?
    Haha, you beat me to posting that for the same reason

Folks who voted for FDR were desperate to do anything they thought would fix what they saw as the problem. Unfortunately, all these years later when everyone has access to the information to know better, the overwhelming majority are still trying to double down on his failed policies, trying to believe everything will be OK if they just legislate hard enough

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Is it really any of your business what other people eat? Because u think you're eating healthy doesn't mean it's good for others. What I eat is nobody's business.
    The best part is you think you have something figured out

You're too entangled in your own narcissm and ignorance to stepback and realize you're standing out in left field with a few other loonies.

But as they say, ignorance is bliss and as long as you're happy, who am I to question how you get there.

scumbag

trying to double down on his failed policies
    newsflash: fdr rates as one of the greatest presidents ever. his "failed policies" ushered in the greatest era of shared prosperity the world has ever known.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

You're too entangled in your own narcissm and ignorance to stepback and realize you're standing out in left field with a few other loonies.

But as they say, ignorance is bliss and as long as you're happy, who am I to question how you get there.
    You're not as smart as you give yourself credit for.

My post you quoted is the truth, and nobody's business.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

I don't know what's better, the original post or the comments after.

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Good piece.

Curious your thoughts on the "American Dream" and the lack there of ..."means to an end"

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post

Maybe I'm missing something, but sour asked a pretty valid question here, and you seem to have ducked it entirely to just attack him?

newsflash: fdr rates as one of the greatest presidents ever. his "failed policies" ushered in the greatest era of shared prosperity the world has ever known.
    Pro tip: widespread short-term approval doesn't make something correct, in the short or long term....despite the ease of access to information, people choose to remain ignorant (as in lacking basic knowledge, not the pejorative often used by people to describe a person whose viewpoint they can't be bothered to consider). The "greatest era of prosperity" is a misnomer; it almost certainly would have been greater with less government interference, both pre-crisis (which caused the depression by all accounts) and post. The current economic situation, where decades of advancement have failed to overcome the unsustainable policies of FDR and his successors, can't be laid all at this feet...but he was a huge catalyst for transforming us from a nation of citizens who took responsibility for their own welfare and preferred to control their own destiny, to a nation who was willing to believe any lie, no matter how ridiculous, so long as it got us a slice of plundered goods.

First 123 Last