captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10662

Vacation

Leaving tomorrow . This is where i am going ...

Whoever guesses it first gets some points .

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Arizona?
    Points Awarded:

captrobey gave MoMoneyMoVaughn 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Well, Arizona, obviously... Tombstone in particular, I guess.

Who's your Huckleberry?
    Points Awarded:

captrobey gave BiTeMe UsAdOj 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

captrobey

I should have been more specific lol. You are both right was looking for Tombstone lol . GREAT movie too btw.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Have a good time cap
    Points Awarded:

captrobey gave sourtwist 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Have a good time cap
    Thanks sourt will be in Tombstone for 2 days basically staying in a Timeshare for 2 weeks in Tucson. Looking forward to it. Maybe play with some Ghosts again in Tombstone !!!

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

What is there to do in Tombstone? I have only ever been to phoenix and tucson.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Tombstone is cool, but there's not much to do except walk around and see a couple of shows. I would take a side trip to the Kartchner Caverns. Very cool.
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave gauchojake 16 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    I should have been more specific lol. You are both right was looking for Tombstone lol . GREAT movie too btw.
    I remember reading ~ year prior to the movie's release (in Entertainment Weekly, IIRC) how dysfunctional things were on the set... everyone hated the director (An "Alan Smithee" was in play)... script changes on the fly, etc...

So... when it got released I had very little hope of it being any good, but a friend and I said "Fuk it" and went to see it anyway. Few people in the theater, but both of us got surprised at Tombstone's entertainment value. It was pretty damn good. Even paid again to see it with a group of friends a lil while later (and the theater was nearly full, as word-of-mouth definitely was helping).

Years later... it's a mini cult classic... shown all the time.
    Happy Vacation!... but don't pull no Curly Bill out on the street.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    What is there to do in Tombstone? I have only ever been to phoenix and tucson.
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Tombstone is cool, but there's not much to do except walk around and see a couple of shows. I would take a side trip to the Kartchner Caverns. Very cool.

That is why we are only staying 2 days can see everything in 2 days no rushing. I just like it for the Historical Value and the Fight that happened there. But there is a really good mine tour there , the site of the gunfight itself, a sanctuary for critters captured in the desert , the giant Rose Tree i think it was , and the Birdcage where the Ghost Hunters went and saw a full body apparition of a woman . There used to be Rattlesnake Ranch but that shut down about half hour from Tombstone. And of course the Boot Hill Cemetery which is not really the entire Cemetery just a fraction of it. The entire thing goes all around and there are still sunken graves there that noone even knows are there. But if you want to really feel Tombstone in all it's ghostly glory go when things actually occur like 1-3 AM when it is truly a Ghost Town .
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave captrobey 13 Betpoint(s) for this post.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    That may be a good idea time permitting .

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    I remember reading ~ year prior to the movie's release (in Entertainment Weekly, IIRC) how dysfunctional things were on the set... everyone hated the director (An "Alan Smithee" was in play)... script changes on the fly, etc...

So... when it got released I had very little hope of it being any good, but a friend and I said "Fuk it" and went to see it anyway. Few people in the theater, but both of us got surprised at Tombstone's entertainment value. It was pretty damn good. Even paid again to see it with a group of friends a lil while later (and the theater was nearly full, as word-of-mouth definitely was helping).

Years later... it's a mini cult classic... shown all the time.
    Happy Vacation!... but don't pull no Curly Bill out on the street.

Tombstone has some of the best one liners ever. People argue which was better Tombstone or Wyatt Earp . I do not think it is even close . Tombstone hands down.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    Tombstone has some of the best one liners ever. People argue which was better Tombstone or Wyatt Earp . I do not think it is even close . Tombstone hands down.
    Agree

captrobey

Quotes From Tombstone | Pick