MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

A lotta people throwing around a lot of bad information in here.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    We are all animals

Most are better hiding it than others

But make no mistake

We are all animals
    Impossible to read your post without hearing Matt McC say it. Well done.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

We are all animals

Most are better hiding it than others

But make no mistake

We are all animals

Why is it that threads go dead or lose all momentum at the 33rd post,

Is it because the 34th post never get read?

Lol..........

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    A lotta people throwing around a lot of bad information in here.
    Set the record straight Mo.

Stage is yours

Apparently Pauly isn't gonna say anything about the topic. Heck, at least the brainwashed tool scumbag keeps the topic.

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Mo is about to drop some knowledge.

Can't wait.

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    You are such an ignorant tool. So, your saying the North couldn't do the right thing till the South did? You believe the crap that flows from your keyboard?
    The North didn't even have a proposal or law in the works to irradicate slavery. The South simply felt it was being taxed and not represented properly. Had nothing to do with slavery and I've proven this fact.
    If you want the new modern teaching of the American civil war go to wikipedia and says pretty much the convoluted nonesense you speak that the war was over slavery when the North not only owned slaves, but the Generals serving in the Union owned them.
    You've proven you are a tool to be used like so many others. I suggest putting your emotions in your purse and think critically. Maybe go to a real college and not some liberal arts school, or man up and go to a war college where to this day (proabably not for long) history is still taught.
    Took my kids to see that Abe Lincoln propaganda film couple years ago and walked out midway. You'd love that propaganda.
    I'll bet you think Southerners got on the ships docked onto some beachhead in Africa and ran down a young buck and threw them shackles. You have no clue what you talk, except for what your told.

are you really this thick? no you dummy; i'm saying the war was about slavery as far as the south was concerned. they overreacted to lincoln's campaign promises (as you dumbass conservatives tend to do) about stopping the spread of slavery and said if he was elected they were out. he was - and they were.

that's why it was about slavery you simple penetrate. do you grasp that yet? for the fourth penetrating time.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    are you really this thick? no you dummy; i'm saying the war was about slavery as far as the south was concerned. they overreacted to lincoln's campaign promises (as you dumbass conservatives tend to do) about stopping the spread of slavery and said if he was elected they were out. he was - and they were.

that's why it was about slavery you simple penetrate. do you grasp that yet? for the fourth penetrating time.
    Brainwashed sheep, listen one last time or i'll copy and past an entire years lesson of National archive history on your sorry brainwashed ass. What i've been telling you is the Civil war was about more than just slavery. Slavery was so far on the back burner the North still had slaves. Does this FACT not sink into your head? Do as i say and not as i do…Really? think about it genius.
    The North wanted say in all things the states did; Tariffs, tax rates, tax collections ETC ETC. Abe was concerned of loosing the South's warm water ports and agriculture resources first and foremost.
    You can go over to the national archives and look up Abe's writings and be up all night seeing that you were 97% lied to and the lie got bigger as the decades have rolled on.
    Here is a golden nugget for you sweet-pea…Ulysses S. Grant owned slaves legally and lawfully while the politically correct version of the Civil war does not like to publisize this fact.
    I'll bet you didn't know the ones who sold and traded slaves were other African tribes, the Muslims heard this was a good money maker and they too got into the trade. They sold and traded the Spaniards, Danish and whats the third group who was in the slave trade business??
    Now, get your face out of lady-boys ass cheeks and learn something you emasculated twerp.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Well if its good enough for the Muslims its good enough for America!!!

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Set the record straight Mo.

Stage is yours

Apparently Pauly isn't gonna say anything about the topic. Heck, at least the brainwashed tool scumbag keeps the topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    Mo is about to drop some knowledge.

Can't wait.
    Sorry men. I missed this. I had a commitment.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DiggityDaggityDo

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoneyMoVaughn View Post
    Sorry men. I missed this. I had a commitment.

Did you finish it? only 5 cracked open.

scumbag

What i've been telling you is the Civil war was about more than just slavery. Slavery was so far on the back burner the North still had slaves.

the southern states make their positions quite clear idiot:
    This examination should begin in South Carolina, the site of our present and past catastrophe. South Carolina was the first state to secede, two months after the election of Abraham Lincoln. It was in South Carolina that the Civil War began, when the Confederacy fired on Fort Sumter. The state’s casus belliwas neither vague nor hard to comprehend:
    ...A geographical line has been drawn across the Union, and all the States north of that line have united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery. He is to be entrusted with the administration of the common Government, because he has declared that that “Government cannot endure permanently half slave, half free,” and that the public mind must rest in the belief that slavery is in the course of ultimate extinction. This sectional combination for the submersion of the Constitution, has been aided in some of the States by elevating to citizenship, persons who, by the supreme law of the land, are incapable of becoming citizens; and their votes have been used to inaugurate a new policy, hostile to the South, and destructive of its beliefs and safety.
    In citing slavery, South Carolina was less an outlier than a leader, setting the tone for other states, including Mississippi:
    Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery—the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin…
    Louisiana:
    As a separate republic, Louisiana remembers too well the whisperings of European diplomacy for the abolition of slavery in the times of an*nexation not to be apprehensive of bolder demonstrations from the same quarter and the North in this country. The people of the slave holding States are bound together by the same necessity and determination to preserve African slavery.
    Alabama:
    Upon the principles then announced by Mr. Lincoln and his leading friends, we are bound to expect his administration to be conducted. Hence it is, that in high places, among the Republi*can party, the election of Mr. Lincoln is hailed, not simply as it change of Administration, but as the inauguration of new princi*ples, and a new theory of Government, and even as the downfall of slavery. Therefore it is that the election of Mr. Lincoln cannot be regarded otherwise than a solemn declaration, on the part of a great majority of the Northern people, of hostility to the South, her property and her institutions—nothing less than an open declaration of war—for the triumph of this new theory of Government destroys the property of the South, lays waste her fields, and inaugurates all the horrors of a San Domingo servile insurrection, consigning her citizens to assassinations, and. her wives and daughters to pollution and violation, to gratify the lust of half-civilized Africans.

i'm right - you're wrong.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    the southern states make their positions quite clear idiot:

i'm right - you're wrong.
    Letter from Abraham Lincoln to Horace Greeley Editor of the New your Tribune.

Executive Mansion,
    Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
    Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.
    As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.
    I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time saveslavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.
    I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.
    Yours,
    A. Lincoln.

In about the second paragraph for the learning impaired such as yourself, read the words of Abe yourself dickhead.

My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union.

War was to stop the south legally succeeding from
    Washington's over-reach into states rights. Abe did not give a shit if slaves were free or enslaved as LONG AS THE UNION STAYED TOGETHER. The North had slaves and was legal throughout the alleged war to free the them. The North had a strong group who wanted to free the slaves and Lincoln used the slaves to stir-up enthusiasm amongst his base. Now refute that you brainwashed, liberal arts shit stirring, commie loving, no nothing about shit, future pink mist bag, lady boy screwing, bitch!

http://www.abrahamlincolnonline.org/...es/greeley.htm

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 548

Lol scumbag buried.... Again

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Sorry twister.
    The burials in this thread have all been self inflicted.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

It was about slavery. You're not looking at the root only the branches. Lincoln wanted to save the Union, but you have to go back and read the declarations of seccession by the southern states and the only "state right" being fought for was the "right" to own slaves.
    Last edited by jtoler; 07-18-15 at 09:38 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    It was about slavery. You're not looking at the root only the branches. Lincoln wanted to save the Union, but you have to go back and read the declarations of seccession by the southern states and the only "state right" being fought for was the "right" to own slaves.
    As scumbag has been trying to say and I've ignored, the North did not care about slaves, but the war was started because the North was gonna take the slaves away? does this make any sense at all?

The declaration of seccesion by the South does not even cover 1/5 the reason for secession.

At that time a state did not even have to declare a secession reason.

The North in those days had very little to no trading partners, but the South was booming, South had rich soil, longer growing seasons and an ever growing international trade with european partners. Abe set high tariffs and taxed the South so much the South lost many companies just because they couldn't pay the feds. The balance of
    power (Northern aggression) was and always was the primary reasoning for secession.

I received a fair education about the TRUTHS of why the Civil war happened, but prior to that my public education taught us something so different and baseless it pissed me off for years. The DOE (Department of Education) should be defunded and those caught manipulating true history should have been executed.

My later in life instructor, who taught based on facts and National archived letters of the Civil war (War of the states) was most definitely a a left leaner, but had enough conviction to teach actual history and that's what was commanded of him by this particular school. Ran into him by chance back in a 2010 visit back home, he was a good honest teacher, just sayin'

This topic has brought me to doing some minor research and the amount of bad information on the net is UNREAL! I found a Jewish website that actually is really using actual and factual American history.
    I'll copy and paste key paragraphs and leave a link. If you are visiting this thread, take the time to read for yourself.

Key parts and quotes of said article:

Statements from the time suggest otherwise. In President Lincoln's first inaugural address, he said, "I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so."

A precursor for a War Between the States came in 1832, when South Carolina called a convention to nullify tariff acts of 1828 and 1832, referred to as the "Tariffs of Abominations." A compromise lowering the tariff was reached, averting secession and possibly war. The North favored protective tariffs for their manufacturing industry. The South, which exported agricultural products to and imported manufactured goods from Europe, favored free trade and was hurt by the tariffs. Plus, a northern-dominated Congress enacted laws similar to Britain's Navigation Acts to protect northern shipping interests.
    Shortly after Lincoln's election, Congress passed the highly protectionist Morrill tariffs.
    That's when the South seceded, setting up a new government. Their constitution was nearly identical to the U.S. Constitution except that it outlawed protectionist tariffs, business handouts and mandated a two-thirds majority vote for all spending measures.

If you can understand those principle FACTS mentioned above, then you shall no longer be led like a puppet on a string.

Article is Fact packed and brief.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/col...iams120298.asp

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Cmon recon.
    Toler posted a precise & direct fact.
    None of the jargon you post has anything to do with what Toler said. You're trying to confuse a simple issue & cloud it with racial prejudice & nonsense.

At 1st you made some valid "good ole" points but now you're just displaying your ignorance.....

Or in SBR terms:
    You're getting burried.

jtoler

All you have to do is read various states writings on secession, they were afraid Lincoln would abolish slavery once he was elected, Rothschild, as usual wanted a war, and aided in secession. Tried to back Union but Lincoln wasn't into the debt game, so France and Britain were gonna aid South until Russia stepped in and threatened war if they did. Read the declarations, abolition of slavery is what was on South's mind.
    Last edited by jtoler; 07-18-15 at 02:43 PM.

jtoler

A sample of some declarations.

Texas "We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable. That in this free government all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations; while the destruction of the existing relations between the two races, as advocated by our sectional enemies, would bring inevitable calamities upon both and desolation upon the fifteen slave-holding states." [3]

Georgia "A brief history of the rise, progress, and policy of anti-slavery and the political organization into whose hands the administration of the Federal Government has been committed will fully justify the pronounced verdict of the people of Georgia. The party of Lincoln, called the Republican party, under its present name and organization, is of recent origin. It is admitted to be an anti-slavery party. While it attracts to itself by its creed the scattered advocates of exploded political heresies, of condemned theories in political economy, the advocates of commercial restrictions, of protection, of special privileges, of waste and corruption in the administration of Government, anti-slavery is its mission and its purpose. By anti-slavery it is made a power in the state. The question of slavery was the great difficulty in the way of the formation of the Constitution. While the subordination and the political and social inequality of the African race was fully conceded by all, it was plainly apparent that slavery would soon disappear from what are now the non-slave-holding States of the original thirteen. The opposition to slavery was then, as now, general in those States and the Constitution was made with direct reference to that fact. But a distinct abolition party was not formed in the United States for more than half a century after the Government went into operation."

They then go on to describe the formation of that "abolition party" that they so vehemently disagreed with, saying:

"The Presidential election of 1852 resulted in the total overthrow of the advocates of restriction and their party friends. Immediately after this result the anti-slavery portion of the defeated party resolved to unite all the elements in the North opposed to slavery an to stake their future political fortunes upon their hostility to slavery everywhere. This is the party two whom the people of the North have committed the Government. They raised their standard in 1856 and were barely defeated. They entered the Presidential contest again in 1860 and succeeded. The prohibition of slavery in the Territories, hostility to it everywhere, the equality of the black and white races, disregard of all constitutional guarantees in its favor, were boldly proclaimed by its leaders and applauded by its followers. With these principles on their banners and these utterances on their lips the majority of the people of the North demand that we shall receive them as our rulers. The prohibition of slavery in the Territories is the cardinal principle of this organization." [3]

South Carolina "The ends for which the Constitution was framed are declared by itself to be 'to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.' These ends it endeavored to accomplish by a Federal Government, in which each State was recognized as an equal, and had separate control over its own institutions. The right of property in slaves was recognized by giving to free persons distinct political rights, by giving them the right to represent, and burdening them with direct taxes for three-fifths of their slaves; by authorizing the importation of slaves for twenty years; and by stipulating for the rendition of fugitives from labor. We affirm that these ends for which this Government was instituted have been defeated, and the Government itself has been made destructive of them by the action of the non-slaveholding States. Those States have assume the right of deciding upon the propriety of our domestic institutions; and have denied the rights of property established in fifteen of the States and recognized by the Constitution; they have denounced as sinful the institution of slavery; they have permitted open establishment among them of societies, whose avowed object is to disturb the peace and to eloign the property of the citizens of other States. They have encouraged and assisted thousands of our slaves to leave their homes; and those who remain, have been incited by emissaries, books and pictures to servile insurrection. For twenty-five years this agitation has been steadily increasing, until it has now secured to its aid the power of the common Government. Observing the *forms* [emphasis in the original] of the Constitution, a sectional party has found within that Article establishing the Executive Department, the means of subverting the Constitution itself. A geographical line has been drawn across the Union, and all the States north of that line have united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery. He is to be entrusted with the administration of the common Government, because [President Lincoln] has declared that that 'Government cannot endure permanently half slave, half free,' and that the public mind must rest in the belief that slavery is in the course of ultimate extinction. This sectional combination for the submersion of the Constitution, has been aided in some of the States by elevating to citizenship, persons who, by the supreme law of the land, are incapable of becoming citizens; and their votes have been used to inaugurate a new policy, hostile to the South, and destructive of its beliefs and safety. On the 4th day of March next, this party will take possession of the Government. It has announced that the South shall be excluded from the common territory, that the judicial tribunals shall be made sectional, and that a war must be waged against slavery until it shall cease throughout the United States. The guaranties of the Constitution will then no longer exist; the equal rights of the States will be lost. The slaveholding States will no longer have the power of self-government, or self-protection, and the Federal Government will have become their enemy. Sectional interest and animosity will deepen the irritation, and all hope of remedy is rendered vain, by the fact that public opinion at the North has invested a great political error with the sanction of more erroneous religious belief. We, therefore, the People of South Carolina, by our delegates in Convention assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, have solemnly declared that the Union heretofore existing between this State and the other States of North America, is dissolved, and that the State of South Carolina has resumed her position among the nations of the world, as a separate and independent State; with full power to levy war, conclude peace, contract alliances, establish commerce, and to do all other acts and things which independent States may of right do." [3]

Mississippi "Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin." [3]

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Cmon recon.
    Toler posted a precise & direct fact.
    None of the jargon you post has anything to do with what Toler said. You're trying to confuse a simple issue & cloud it with racial prejudice & nonsense.

At 1st you made some valid "good ole" points but now you're just displaying your ignorance.....

Or in SBR terms:
    You're getting burried.
    Genius, Nowhere did i say that some in the South were afraid of loosing the slaves, it just wasn't the number 1 factor for the war. High tariffs, lack of representation and the FACT Abe stated he could careless about slaves PROVES the point.

You too are just a tool, to be used and unable to think for yourself, even when the facts are presented.

I believe fraud exist in the alleged secession letter. A big debate about that letter, you and J can fight it, but for me it's simple; Abe could careless about taking ones slave, North had no law or legislation on books to end slavery, Slavery was on the ropes before the war and North and South knew this with the invention of the cotton mill, morill tariffs were stifling the South and this kicked in the sequence of events.
    What I've mentioned is fact and barely skims the surface.

BTW, the Confederate flag was the battle flag. The Confederacy flag was much different and i have not ever seen one of those flown before. Education be good

recon1
    Yep

All you have to do is read various states writings on secession, they were afraid Lincoln would abolish slavery once he was elected, Rothschild, as usual wanted a war, and aided in secession. Tried to back Union but Lincoln wasn't into the debt game, so France and Britain were gonna aid South until Russia stepped in and threatened war if they did. Read the declarations, abolition of slavery is what was on South's mind.
    Your a smart guy, appreciate your input, but your about 90% off on this one J.

recon1
    Yep

A sample of some declarations.

Texas "We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable. That in this free government all white men are and of right ought to be entitled to equal civil and political rights; that the servitude of the African race, as existing in these States, is mutually beneficial to both bond and free, and is abundantly authorized and justified by the experience of mankind, and the revealed will of the Almighty Creator, as recognized by all Christian nations; while the destruction of the existing relations between the two races, as advocated by our sectional enemies, would bring inevitable calamities upon both and desolation upon the fifteen slave-holding states." [3]

Georgia "A brief history of the rise, progress, and policy of anti-slavery and the political organization into whose hands the administration of the Federal Government has been committed will fully justify the pronounced verdict of the people of Georgia. The party of Lincoln, called the Republican party, under its present name and organization, is of recent origin. It is admitted to be an anti-slavery party. While it attracts to itself by its creed the scattered advocates of exploded political heresies, of condemned theories in political economy, the advocates of commercial restrictions, of protection, of special privileges, of waste and corruption in the administration of Government, anti-slavery is its mission and its purpose. By anti-slavery it is made a power in the state. The question of slavery was the great difficulty in the way of the formation of the Constitution. While the subordination and the political and social inequality of the African race was fully conceded by all, it was plainly apparent that slavery would soon disappear from what are now the non-slave-holding States of the original thirteen. The opposition to slavery was then, as now, general in those States and the Constitution was made with direct reference to that fact. But a distinct abolition party was not formed in the United States for more than half a century after the Government went into operation."

They then go on to describe the formation of that "abolition party" that they so vehemently disagreed with, saying:

"The Presidential election of 1852 resulted in the total overthrow of the advocates of restriction and their party friends. Immediately after this result the anti-slavery portion of the defeated party resolved to unite all the elements in the North opposed to slavery an to stake their future political fortunes upon their hostility to slavery everywhere. This is the party two whom the people of the North have committed the Government. They raised their standard in 1856 and were barely defeated. They entered the Presidential contest again in 1860 and succeeded. The prohibition of slavery in the Territories, hostility to it everywhere, the equality of the black and white races, disregard of all constitutional guarantees in its favor, were boldly proclaimed by its leaders and applauded by its followers. With these principles on their banners and these utterances on their lips the majority of the people of the North demand that we shall receive them as our rulers. The prohibition of slavery in the Territories is the cardinal principle of this organization." [3]

South Carolina "The ends for which the Constitution was framed are declared by itself to be 'to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity.' These ends it endeavored to accomplish by a Federal Government, in which each State was recognized as an equal, and had separate control over its own institutions. The right of property in slaves was recognized by giving to free persons distinct political rights, by giving them the right to represent, and burdening them with direct taxes for three-fifths of their slaves; by authorizing the importation of slaves for twenty years; and by stipulating for the rendition of fugitives from labor. We affirm that these ends for which this Government was instituted have been defeated, and the Government itself has been made destructive of them by the action of the non-slaveholding States. Those States have assume the right of deciding upon the propriety of our domestic institutions; and have denied the rights of property established in fifteen of the States and recognized by the Constitution; they have denounced as sinful the institution of slavery; they have permitted open establishment among them of societies, whose avowed object is to disturb the peace and to eloign the property of the citizens of other States. They have encouraged and assisted thousands of our slaves to leave their homes; and those who remain, have been incited by emissaries, books and pictures to servile insurrection. For twenty-five years this agitation has been steadily increasing, until it has now secured to its aid the power of the common Government. Observing the *forms* [emphasis in the original] of the Constitution, a sectional party has found within that Article establishing the Executive Department, the means of subverting the Constitution itself. A geographical line has been drawn across the Union, and all the States north of that line have united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery. He is to be entrusted with the administration of the common Government, because [President Lincoln] has declared that that 'Government cannot endure permanently half slave, half free,' and that the public mind must rest in the belief that slavery is in the course of ultimate extinction. This sectional combination for the submersion of the Constitution, has been aided in some of the States by elevating to citizenship, persons who, by the supreme law of the land, are incapable of becoming citizens; and their votes have been used to inaugurate a new policy, hostile to the South, and destructive of its beliefs and safety. On the 4th day of March next, this party will take possession of the Government. It has announced that the South shall be excluded from the common territory, that the judicial tribunals shall be made sectional, and that a war must be waged against slavery until it shall cease throughout the United States. The guaranties of the Constitution will then no longer exist; the equal rights of the States will be lost. The slaveholding States will no longer have the power of self-government, or self-protection, and the Federal Government will have become their enemy. Sectional interest and animosity will deepen the irritation, and all hope of remedy is rendered vain, by the fact that public opinion at the North has invested a great political error with the sanction of more erroneous religious belief. We, therefore, the People of South Carolina, by our delegates in Convention assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, have solemnly declared that the Union heretofore existing between this State and the other States of North America, is dissolved, and that the State of South Carolina has resumed her position among the nations of the world, as a separate and independent State; with full power to levy war, conclude peace, contract alliances, establish commerce, and to do all other acts and things which independent States may of right do." [3]

Mississippi "Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin." [3]
    Link to propaganda please?

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I don't know Toler.
    These guys are really fukked up.
    When most rational people talk about slavery the bottom line is usually "Never Again".

With these guys its, " Yes, again!"

I just try to not argue with ignorance.

scumbag

Link to propaganda please?
    what... you're too stupid to use google to find out why the states seceded?

"propaganda". it's their own penetrating words you moron.

First 12