daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Why is this fat lady at old navy getting so much attention

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/08/living...eat/index.html

...going to guess she's refusing to delete the post because she's a fukkin celebrity now.

Rachel Taylor turned tears into triumph recently in an Old Navy store.On Friday, the Louisiana photographer posted a picture of herself wearing a flag tank top in an Old Navy dressing room to the company's Facebook page. In the post, Taylor thanks Old Navy for "having adorable clothes for all shapes & sizes" and describes what she says was an upsetting incident she witnessed in the store.
    The skinny on body shaming

"Today I was shopping in Old Navy, standing in between a teenage girl and her mom," Taylor wrote. "The girl picked up a plus-size tank top, showed it to her mom and said, 'Look! Me and So-and-so can fit in this tank top!' Her mom laughed and said, 'Yeah, you could! That thing is huge!'
    "I couldn't help it; I started crying," Taylor added.
    She went on to say that the tears continued after her husband walked her out of the store, but she decided to go back and buy the tank top to wear for the Fourth of July, as she looked "fierce" in it.

Taylor defended herself on Facebook, saying her posting was not an invitation to be criticized or an attempt to receive free merchandise. She merely wanted to "share my story with Old Navy because I love my new top and appreciate them having cute clothes in all sizes," she said.
    Opinion: Fashion, plus-size modeling and race: When 'diversity' isn't so diverse
    "Now I'm refusing to delete it because people should know that they are not alone in their struggles, and even if they seem silly to someone else, their feelings are still valid," she wrote. "As my Mama always says, 'If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.' "

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Blazer, I might do something similar to this at the liquor store.

Always get get called names like Alcoholy and stuff like that.

Maybe cause I'm there daily?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Good idea Big Day. Act offended that they sell Mount Gay rum and maybe you'll get a free bottle of the good stuff. Maybe some fireball

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    ..."The girl picked up a plus-size tank top, showed it to her mom and said, 'Look! Me and So-and-so can fit in this tank top!' Her mom laughed and said, 'Yeah, you could! That thing is huge!'
    "I couldn't help it; I started crying," Taylor added.

"As my Mama always says, 'If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.' "
    The girl didn't even say anything rude or not nice. Perhaps this chicks mama should have built up a little self esteem in her daughter. She's so self conscious, and feeling guilty about herself, she cried. She needs help in so many ways. The story should be about her weakness and what a poor example it is to others.

Instead of dealing with her issues, weight or guilt likely one of them, she takes it out on some innocent teenage girl.

Too much attention on "bullies" these days and telling everyone they are a victim instead of building self esteem in kids leads to teenage girls being falsely accused of bullying...and it gets to CNN

Kahn is right, we are fukked.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

She was not even that heavy good for her

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

What's the big deal? I take pics of myself crying everyday.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    What's the big deal? I take pics of myself crying everyday.
    hearing that just made me cry........

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

So she thinks she looks fierce, but then cries because someone said that shirt could fit two people? Either she's fine with how she looks "fierce" or she's not.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

She is not fat. Just full figured. She is proud she beat anorexia and wants the world to know.

spike420211
    spike420211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2925

she decided to go back and buy the tank top to wear for the Fourth of July, as she looked "fierce" in it.
    "Fierce" as in intimidating, or as in revolting?

mikewlgm
    mikewlgm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

thats the f**king American culture these days.