scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Russell Wilson is a hardcore bible-thumper

read a few articles about russell wilson and he's droning about about how god "speaks to him" in both of them. I like Wilson's game and work ethic, but the "god talks to me" shit is a kind of annoying. how big of a narcissist to you have to be to think that god talks to you personally?

and if god really did come to him and talk - 3 seconds after throwing an interception in a "game" - that just means this god could do 3 billion other things with his time and he decided to console an athlete. he's a dickhead. all those starving and neglected kids out there and he wastes his time with a millionaire quarterback?

what's wrong with this kid? secret homo?

Now, Wilson is also crediting God for his heartbreaking interception on the one-yard line that sealed the Super Bowl win for the Patriots and ended the Seahawks' bid for back-to-back championships. While speaking at The Rock Church in San Diego, Wilson claimed that God spoke to him just moments after he tossed the interception and explained why the interception took place.
    "The play happens, and they pick the ball off. And I take three steps," Wilson said (via NESN.com). "And on the third step God says to me, 'I'm using you ... I want to see how you respond. But most importantly, I want them to see how you respond.'"

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/07/07/ciara-and-russell-wilson-are-practicing-abstinence-in-case-were-wondering/

The couple began dating in April and shortly after, Wilson said he received a message from God regarding his new love."She was on tour, she was traveling, and I was looking at her in the mirror," he said. "God spoke to me and said, 'I need you to lead her' and I was like 'Really? Right now?' He goes, 'No, I want you and need you to lead her.'"

Wilson said he asked Ciara, "What would you do if we took all that extra stuff off the table and just did it Jesus' way?" (And yes, the 26-year-old clarified that he was definitely "talking about sex.")
    I wonder if he's trying to make a play for the "abstinence money"? apparently that's a thing. palin's daughter made over a million pitching that shit. wilson hasn't even made a million in his career yet - on the field anyway.

yydouble
    Golf Expert
    yydouble's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quite a telling post Scum B.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Go fukk yourself scumbag.

Mind your fukkin business

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was probably that meddling Belichick. My guess is the patriots waterboy somehow drugged him and slipped a microphone on his braces ala Real Genius.

scumbag

obvious why golden tate was penetrating that wife of his.

scumbag

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Go fukk yourself scumbag.

Mind your fukkin business
    idiot, he made his business everyones business.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

From an academic and theological standpoint, and based on the questions asked in the original post, I don't think poster scumbag understands the Christian God or the bible very well.

Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave KVB 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    From an academic and theological standpoint, and based on the questions asked in the original post, I don't think poster scumbag understands the Christian God or the bible very well.
    But scumbag has a great understanding of achieving homosexual relationships. According to him he specializes in lady-boys. When one does not believe in God, i assume the thought of hearing God talk to us sounds like hearing Fred Flinstone give advice. He will never understand anything other than Lady-boys.

scumbag

When one does not believe in God, i assume the thought of hearing God talk to us sounds like hearing Fred Flinstone give advice.
    why didn't god warn bush about 9/11? why didn't he warn bush that iraq would be a disaster? why didn't he warn him to go down to new orleans pre-katrina and fix the levees?

apparently god is too busy comforting qb's after superbowls and telling them they shouldn't penetrate their smoking hot girlfriend.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Scumbag you need a lot of help man.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    why didn't god warn bush about 9/11? why didn't he warn bush that iraq would be a disaster? why didn't he warn him to go down to new orleans pre-katrina and fix the levees?

apparently god is too busy comforting qb's after superbowls and telling them they shouldn't penetrate their smoking hot girlfriend.
    Idk what fukkin rock you live under, but anyone who knows anything knows that Bush was in on it, or knew about it, and his friends at skulls and bones knew too. You don't know shit about how things work.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

God allows evil to exist in this world for reasons that are above our understanding. I believe he allows evil because thru tragic events our faith can grow stronger. Read the first 4 chapters of Job and it may enlighten you as to how God allows Satan to interfere in our lives.

Do you love God only because He blesses you? Do you think we are undeserving to accept the bad from God?

I would argue that God's standard is perfection. And we humans fail to meet it. So if God gave us what we deserved here on earth, we'd all live lives filled with torment, anguish, and eventually death. The only way into God's kingdom is to accept that Jesus paid the price for all of your sins, thus cleansing you from a sinful world and allowing your entrance into the heavenly one for eternity.

As for Russell Wilson, I think it is amazing that he can pursue a no sex before marriage policy at his age. That is a difficult temptation to avoid.

"Bible Thumper" - I'll wear that 365 days of the year. Reading the Bible word for word, from Genesis to Revelation changed my life. Once I read the Word, I could feel my soul gradually change and that was the Holy Spirit working within me. The comfort of reading this book, and the power that is in the scriptures when you rest and meditate on them is unparalleled.
    Points Awarded:

Big Bear gave Plaza23 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jtoler gave Plaza23 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

aint nothin wrong with showing the man upstairs some love.

Russell Wilson has alot to be thankful for.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    God allows evil to exist in this world for reasons that are above our understanding. I believe he allows evil because thru tragic events our faith can grow stronger. Read the first 4 chapters of Job and it may enlighten you as to how God allows Satan to interfere in our lives.

Do you love God only because He blesses you? Do you think we are undeserving to accept the bad from God?

I would argue that God's standard is perfection. And we humans fail to meet it. So if God gave us what we deserved here on earth, we'd all live lives filled with torment, anguish, and eventually death. The only way into God's kingdom is to accept that Jesus paid the price for all of your sins, thus cleansing you from a sinful world and allowing your entrance into the heavenly one for eternity.

As for Russell Wilson, I think it is amazing that he can pursue a no sex before marriage policy at his age. That is a difficult temptation to avoid.

"Bible Thumper" - I'll wear that 365 days of the year. Reading the Bible word for word, from Genesis to Revelation changed my life. Once I read the Word, I could feel my soul gradually change and that was the Holy Spirit working within me. The comfort of reading this book, and the power that is in the scriptures when you rest and meditate on them is unparalleled.
    # real talk

drop some wisdom on scumbag.

we should all stop and give thanks. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

what's wrong with this kid? secret homo?
    Three NFL seasons as starting QB with two superbowl appearances and a ring. Nothing wrong there.

But if you're in the market for a secret homo ... then cowboy up.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

why didn't god warn bush about 9/11? why didn't he warn bush that iraq would be a disaster? whyno didn't he warn him to go down to new orleans pre-katrina and fix the levees?

Stay classy mate.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't believe he isn't having sex with Ciara though ....if so that's some will power

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    I don't believe he isn't having sex with Ciara though ....if so that's some will power
    he would be, but boxed himself into this corner by making up this "let's wait for religous reasons" excuse to cover for a herpes outbreak he didn't want her to know about or expose her too....

now he's stuck behind it and has to carry it through........
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 07-08-15 at 04:12 PM.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    he would be, but boxed himself into this corner by making up this "let's wait for religous reasons" excuse to cover for a herpes outbreak he didn't want to expose her too....

now he's stuck behind it and has to carry it through........

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16291

When you get teased for believing in God that means we as Christians are doing are job right.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rkelly110, recon1, and KVB

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    When you get teased for believing in God that means we as Christians are doing are job right.
    it is also prophecy being fulfilled.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

how many of you christian fukks are actually a genuine good person? i'm willing to bet, not many.

most of you are fukking douches that need religion to keep you straight.

how about just being a good person just to be a good person?

if russelll fake-fukking-jesus-freak wilson really was a good person, he wouldn't try so hard to pretend to be a good person.

most of you fukks wouldn't agree but beastmode has a bigger heart and is a much better human being than that fake ass russell wilson.

beastmode actually cares about where he's from and when he's down for you and when he says he's down for you, he'd probably die for you.

russell weasel wilson on the other hand, no fukking way. he'd be the first to rat you out so he can have a lesser sentence all because god fukking talked to him...

yydouble
    Golf Expert

GK fired up!
    When it comes to blind gangster stubbornness Beastmode in a class by himself for sure!

Great passion GK!

Question:

If you only had one call for help and you only had those two numbers, who would you call?

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

lol god

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

lol yeah maybe little bit.

my belief is this, if heaven and hell did exist, if god and devil did exist, and there really was a judgement day, are you telling me someone that's been good all their lives are gonna be sent to hell just because he or she didn't accept god? while this pedophile serial killer will go to heaven because he accepted christ right before his death?

i say just be a good person and everything will fall into place. peace...

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

The guy has money so why feel the need to espouse his delusions?

Guys personal life might be more fukked up than we know if he needs this kind of escapist crutch...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

i'd call beastmode for sure. russell will say he's too busy talking to god and hang up on me.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Why is this story all on the radio.

yydouble
    Golf Expert

Lol.....what if you're drowning in a pool at a party and everyone is laughing at you except Wilson and Lynch, they both have their hands out to help. Which one is more likely to pull their hand back as you reach for it and keep the joke going?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Why is this story all on the radio.
    if i killed someone and blamed voices in my head would you think i'm crazy?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by yydouble View Post
    Lol.....what if you're drowning in a pool at a party and everyone is laughing at you except Wilson and Lynch, they both have their hands out to help. Which one is more likely to pull their hand back as you reach for it and keep the joke going?
    don't listen to the media pal. he's just putting up a front. he's actually a goofy and friendly dude.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    lol yeah aybe little bit.

my belief is this, if heaven and hell did exist, if god and devil did exist, and there really was a judgement day, are you telling me someone that's been good all their lives are gonna be sent to hell just because he or she didn't accept god? while this pedophile serial killer will go to heaven because he accepted christ right before his death?

i say just be a good person and everything will fall into place. peace...
    Yes. Good works can't get you into heaven because even if you were a great person, there would still be at least a little bit of sin within you. And since God's standard is perfection and only perfection is admitted into heaven, you would not be able to be let in if you did not accept having your sins cleansed by the sacrificial blood of Christ.

Some Christians believe there are certain levels of heaven and that people who did better Acts on earth to spread the Gospel and live a godly life will attain to a higher more glorious level of heaven. And that more evil sinners, while still being in heaven, will not have the same level of bliss. I don't know. I'll find out when I get there.

The Bible says faith without works is dead, so we have to believe works do have value in God's eyes. But if you have no faith to begin with, then you are trying to get to Heaven on your own. I would rather have the assurance of eternal life thru Jesus Christ, than plead my case against a perfect God.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    Yes. Good works can't get you into heaven because even if you were a great person, there would still be at least a little bit of sin within you. And since God's standard is perfection and only perfection is admitted into heaven, you would not be able to be let in if you did not accept having your sins cleansed by the sacrificial blood of Christ.

Some Christians believe there are certain levels of heaven and that people who did better Acts on earth to spread the Gospel and live a godly life will attain to a higher more glorious level of heaven. And that more evil sinners, while still being in heaven, will not have the same level of bliss. I don't know. I'll find out when I get there.

The Bible says faith without works is dead, so we have to believe works do have value in God's eyes. But if you have no faith to begin with, then you are trying to get to Heaven on your own. I would rather have the assurance of eternal life thru Jesus Christ, than plead my case against a perfect God.
    lol oh stop with your nonsense. acting like you know... please.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Good and bad are free to believe whatever they want. Nobody is perfect, but when others spend much of their time worrying about why people believe in God, I believe that they are still searching for answers within themselves. You cannot blame others because they have made up their minds already.

12 Last