edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4994

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    I'm really diggin this thread, man.

Great info in here. Thanks for getting real specific, BigDo.

I'm going to start that Upper Body, Lower Body rotation you described. I need a drastic change up in my workout.

Which brings me to deadlifts.

I tweaked my back about a 7 months ago and have to be real careful with some of my movements. Anyone here still do deadlifts after a back injury? My back always gets sore (bad sore) when I do deadlifts now so I've been avoiding them but I know what a big part of a good workout they are.

Anyone have any good deadlift links or thoughts on deadlifts after a back tweak?
    Best way to heal an injury is to do the same lift you injured it with using extremly light weights often an empty bar to pump blood in the muscle. Make sure your lower back is neutral and your air is taken in the stomach with your abs, glutes, hamstings and grip braced as hard as possible. It could be your not flexible enough to get tight enough at the bottom of the pull. So you may want to pull right below the knee of blocks or in a rack. You do not want to ego lift and yank the bar. Squeeze everything hard till the bar starts to move then explode not vice versa. Two handed kettlebell swings, banded pull throughs, good mournings, and 45 degree hypers work well but start very easy. The dead lift must be pulled with a vertical shin angle and nuetral lower back to be done safest and most efficiently. Also walking helps heal the lower back as it rotates the sancrum and lubricates the disks just make sure you have good posture. Lastly the dead lift is more of a strength tester and evaluation than it is a builder it is a great lift but you can get strong without it. Rule of thumb is if when pulling heavy if you have a hard time breaking the floor your abs and hamstrings are weak if you stall at knee level it's back weakness, and if you can't lock it out you need to work on the glutes. Richard Hawthorne big on the basics dead lift tutorial on YouTube is one of the better ones I have seen. BOL

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

yeah, bloat is more like it... and looking back, i should have realized thats what you meant...my bad there ... eggschick are the given, and im the same with the fish when im serious about dropping fat... and i fukking hate fish... but its the easiest to digest and filter through the system...

bigd, you go through the seasonal body transformations? bulk/cut ... im too impatient to work on myself gradually and lean bulk... a lot of guys get self conscious about losing abs and silly shit like that and are afraid to pack on weight half the year... not my little ass ... gaining is so much harder than losing for me

edawg, great advice on pointing out richard hawthorne... nobody better to watch and learn the deadlift from
    Last edited by raydog; 07-12-15 at 12:23 AM.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Mark Rippetoe's videos are the best I've seen on deadlifting

raydog

Indeed, H.E

tms and everyone else, i mentioned a few pages back that i give myself a 1cc (1000mcg) Methylcobalamin (B12) injection once every 5 days... you can research it a little, but Methyl is the only Active b12 that needs no converting in the body and the only b12 that will really make Any difference at all in your energy levels/mood/sleep/nervous system etc...

cyanocobalamin and hydroxocobalamin are other types and cyano is more commonly found otc and in all your b12 pills that you get at walmart/grocery and it serves a purpose go gradually bring your b12 levels to normal... but its slow acting, will never make you feel as good and is a halfass way to do things when there is something a million times better...

the methyl shots are what you get when you go to a place like a Shot Nurse/womens-mens health clinic... it is also supposed to aid a bit in weight loss because of the energy boost that you get, so its more popular for women, but active men get them too... a very noticeable change in energy and better sleep usually lasts about a week ... they charge $20-25 per shot... anyone can get on at these places, just show up... and make sure to dbl check that b12/methylcobalamin is what you are getting... if the shot is not RED, its bunk... no go... all methyl is RED in color.

okay, now if you dont like shots, i have found something else... for someone like me, who loves the shit like TT loves twinkies, i have stumbled onto some real active methylcobalamin dissolving tabs at Costco, of all places and after 3 days of taking it, im feeling just as great as i normally would... you put them under your tongue and let it dissolve... 5000mcg per pill... just by the way i feel today, i am going to guess that taking a b12 5000mcg tab on a Daily basis will have an absorbtion rate similar to a 1000mcg injection every 5 days... i say that because there is nothing better for absorbing the most of this product , than intermuscular injections... and not all of the active ingredients of pills/tabs will be absorbed... hope all that made sense

anyways, if you are looking to feel better, on a daily basis, i suggest heading to costco and grabbing a bottle... its 15bucks or so and you take one a day... most people that are older and or active, are b12 deficient ...they may not even know it, but i promise you the way you feel after taking it a few days, is quite surprising.
    Last edited by raydog; 07-12-15 at 07:50 PM.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO

Raydog knows his stuff! First thing to look for in vitamins is to make sure b12 is methyl and magnesium is malate.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    yeah, bloat is more like it... and looking back, i should have realized thats what you meant...my bad there ... eggschick are the given, and im the same with the fish when im serious about dropping fat... and i fukking hate fish... but its the easiest to digest and filter through the system...

bigd, you go through the seasonal body transformations? bulk/cut ... im too impatient to work on myself gradually and lean bulk... a lot of guys get self conscious about losing abs and silly shit like that and are afraid to pack on weight half the year... not my little ass ... gaining is so much harder than losing for me

edawg, great advice on pointing out richard hawthorne... nobody better to watch and learn the deadlift from
    I'm not really as anal about bulking and cutting anymore as I was say 10 years ago when I was in college. With that said, I guess you could say I eat "cleaner" during the summer and up the cardio as opposed to the winter.

Now days I mainly want to keep a good build and maintain my strength. I don't care as much about having all the cuts in definition. I still maintain an athletic build but I'm more at like 12-13% body fat as opposed to like 8%.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 07-12-15 at 08:22 PM.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Mark Rippetoe's videos are the best I've seen on deadlifting

Rippetoe is an excellent coach for beginners. There is a great book called deadlift dynamite authored by Andy Bolton and Pavel.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    TMS, if the insomnia is a new thing that just started happening, then something is triggering it. You wake up, you have a lot of energy, maybe your mind is racing. Something is causing the abnormal spike in adrenaline and cortisol. It's doubtful that it's caused by eating a large meal before bed. Many people do that (including myself).
    Hey Chili... I just wanted to give you an update on this sleeping issue.

So... I came down with a chest infection last Friday. Didn't work out last Friday thru Thursday. 7 Full days. Oddest thing... Wednesday fell asleep (5 days without working out) at 11PM and woke up at 7 AM. Not bad 8 hours. I only woke up to take a leak. Went right back to bed. Thursday night... feel asleep at 11:30 PM woke up at 8AM. 2 best sleeps I've had in FOREVER! What happened? I don't go to the gym for 7 days... and I sleep better? I don't get it? Maybe you have an idea?

I'm heading to the gym right now. Can't believe I took 7 days off. Wow.

TheMoneyShot

I have a lot of reading to do in this thread. Thanks for everyone's posts!

raydog

some peoples bodies have a hard time or simply will not adapt to over exertion a few hours before bedtime... i know its a motherfukker, but if its even possible, try a few early morning workouts ... go to bed earlier, wake up to a shake, egg whites and oats... get dressed and go hit it.

not going to the gym for a week (or longer) is one thing... your body adapting to more rest, less exertion and less physical stress, is another... are they related? certainly... its up to you to find the happy median ...

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO

Yes 9 times out of 10 it is life's other stressors like work, women, family, money, and aholes that you deal with that taxes your CNS. Good guideline is 12 to 24 hours for easy workouts 60% or less and 48 to 72 hours for hard workouts 80% or above. Now would be a perfect time with a week off to take your mourning resting heart rate and a grip strength or 30 second tap test. BOL

TheMoneyShot

After 2 stressful workouts... went to bed at midnight last night. Woke up at 10:20 AM. Didn't even wake up once... 10 straight hours of sleep. Best sleep ever. I don't get my body? It's junk. It does whatever it wants to. The only thing I did differently... I showered before bed time. I usually shower in the morning. Oh well... flip a coin.

TheMoneyShot

I have to figure out what the heck is going on. Woke up with another hint of a sore throat today. Pissing me off. I must be running myself down aggressively? Or not taking in the right supplements? Sucks. Just be healthy damn it.

BigDofBA

Goto the doctor and get a Rx for testosterone....the real stuff, not the gimicky shit they sale over the counter that doesn't work.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I have to figure out what the heck is going on. Woke up with another hint of a sore throat today. Pissing me off. I must be running myself down aggressively? Or not taking in the right supplements? Sucks. Just be healthy damn it.
    Sounds like your CNS is getting run down. Worst thing you can do is take more supplements or go to the gym. Everything you take in extra the body has to process this is why when your sick your appetite lowers and the gym is a pool of germs which is fine unless your run down and then you get sick. Take a month off and do an hour walk daily along with bodyweight exercises doing them outside in the fresh air would be best!

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Sounds like your CNS is getting run down. Worst thing you can do is take more supplements or go to the gym. Everything you take in extra the body has to process this is why when your sick your appetite lowers and the gym is a pool of germs which is fine unless your run down and then you get sick. Take a month off and do an hour walk daily along with bodyweight exercises doing them outside in the fresh air would be best!
    I've been studying (or at least trying to study) leucine, valine, isoleucine, arginine, taurine, gluatmine... etc. I purchased a small scale so you can measure .01 of a gram. I thought I measured everything properly... I mixed all of these things together... felt strong as fuk. Almost like a HIGH. Maybe I was high? Once it wore off... had a sick feeling for about 2-4 hours.

I'm always bundled up at the gym when working out... It could be 85-95 outside... and I have 2 t-shirts and a pullover on at all times... I just like to sweat everything out. I'm not like one of those dudes that the sweat comes pouring out on the machine... lol Nothing like that. I just don't feel cut unless I'm bundled up while working out. Honestly... I get kind of cold when I have bare skin at the gym. Hate getting those chills... rather have the muscles stay warm. But regardless... the humidity levels were probably off the charts Fri-Sat-Sun and usually I go 2 days ON and one OFF. And I did 3 straight... I'm always trying to rush things. Sucks. Now I'm paying for it... eating peanut butter... high carbs... cereal... everything I can get my hands on... didn't work out Mon.. or Tues. Don't plan on working out Wednesday... feeling like astronomical sh#$ right now. I have to stop being dumb.

I'm not so sure this Amino acid stuff is right for me?? It like... made me HIGH... just a weird feeling.

raydog

i sip on my aminos before/during/after workout... and take some extra glutamine before bed

how old are you? i went through some age/test/hormonal issues in my mid -late 30s ... fukked up sleep and other issues... have i asked if you have gotten bloodwork done lately?

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO

Listen to your body man if it doesn't feel right it isn't right. I know it's hard to cut back if your a gym bro but it will be better in the long run. Try a couple eggs daily instead of aminos and see if you still get a crash. Make sure your total caffeine intake isn't over 300mg daily as that can burn out your adrenals and make you feel like crap. Also don't train on adrenaline all workouts should be punch the clock and break a sweat type till you feel better.

Evolved137
    Evolved137's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 110

Absolutely no sense in wasting a dime on testosterone boosters; Metaphorically speaking, it's identical to like Wal-Mart charging $7-$10 or whatever it is for "high octane race" or whatever that crap is in that 16oz bottle like it's going to do jack-crap. Even if it were 100 octane, which i doubt, it isn't even a portion toward's a gallon, and a gallon of race-gas in a full tank still won't benefit; Now, a full tank of the real deal C16/E85/Q16 fuels..My 03 Evo for example, saw a 101whp/82wtq gain from tuning from 93 octane to E-85 fuel, a stunning difference, a fuel that is much cheaper per gallon, run's at theoretically 105octane, and it's properties of temperature and combustion allow me to increase my boost (turbo pressure) and timing, Air/Fuel mixture is radically more lean safely, and made what would have otherwise cost $3-4k+ to achieve in benefits, and safety of the motor to boot...An all around win-win.

Metaphorically, that is how you should look at test-booster's aka, a scam versus the real deal where you'll potentially transform your entire body.

Here's a lengthy but knowledgable breakdown on running real test, how it's done, the in's/out's, and my personal experience. I also linked you a go-to reference on everything you ever wanted to know about Amino Acids/Vitamins/Mineral's/Herb's, all individually listed and the effects of use, and a breakdown of the 'essential' and 'non essential's, specifically referring to the amino acid's, in which those are the two types....

That's a simple analogy similar to testosterone booster's in relation to high octane fuel with cars. Taking testosterone Enanthate or Cypionate would be the best testosterone cycle/route of choice should you be looking to make real performance/gains.

Looking for real gains with minimal to no sides if used correctly, which isn't at all hard to do, should you do the correct research and simple gear properly with diet/training. A general standard, 250mg/2x per week would be a standard "test-only" dosage cycle, running a simple 2-3month (8-12 week) cycle. (I highly advise 12, as 8 will hinder far too much potential, as testosterone doesn't kick in until 3 weeks in, thus those extra weeks are the critical time of major gain) Therefore, running 12 full wks. (or more if you wish) is important to get the most out of a safe and simple cycle.

Most people that lift don't generally run Test alone without combining it with other anabolic/androgenic compounds, which carry a much greater consequence to using if you don't follow very thorough instructions, have more side effects, and are more hardcore, with the equal benefit/greater overall benefit (in the minds of BB'ers at least) of using. 17-alk compounds are really hard on the liver, some as far as saying 'extremely harsh,' can have serious consequences for running such as progesterone crash's, gynecomastia, and ruining of your liver. The 17-alk oral's are the worst for potential sides IMO, but to be specific and act as though all are bad, consider the most generally popular everyone knows something about; Dianabol and Tren Ace/Enan.

D-Bol/Tren are powerhouse (tren esp) that will melt fat like butter and turn you into an ox compounded with test to keep from crashing due to natural test being unavailable during the course of tren, sweats at night that can keep you up with not sleep, and a way of you normally rolling your eyes at a comment making you literally tear the eyes out of said person...On top of those sides, a high risk for liver damage and other major health issues; On the upside, most of the health related negatives all are combated with a precise protocol during cycle and PCT (post cycle therapy, required in any cycle)...Such as Nolva (SERM) Arimidex (anti-Estrogen), Clomid, and HCG (to keep em cruising or blasting to bring back your raisin nuts induced by these AAS's...

Personally, I run test-E alone with proper PCT and HCG and have been for years with undeniable great benefits, little to no sides whatsoever, and massive gains without any risk's....Test is a "base" used to start your "stack," referring to your line-up of AAS's your cycling on....(Ex- Test E, TrenA, Deca, and Masteron.) Anyone will tell you that for your first cycle you should ALWAYS use only test, to see your reactive your body is to estrogen production, and getting comfortable with just one compound, particularly effective and safe to run. I have ran test-E and Sust (mixture of 4 test's, releasing @ different times) never feeling the need to stack or run 17-alk's/Orals and worry about liver damage, major gyno, or health effects.

The first cycle you'll experience gains unlike any of the rest, thus is important to do it right on your first go-round, as your body will be ignorant to it's tolerance/benefits the first course, and thereby giving you the most significant gains than your 4th, 5th, or 6th test only cycle (i say that with all parts being equal, as you would always gain more/less depending on DIET, training, sleep) but the 1st is always very advantageous, and a hell of a lot of fun..

Test can be used as a fat burner to lean out or to bulk, which all depends on your diet, as a matter of fact 90% of your gains while on test are going to be solely based on your diet, equal as big of a challenge to take serious if not more important than the lifting itself...

There's no magic bullet, and you still have to train and have a correct diet or you'll see no results. However done correctly, however, the potential of the compound (test alone) alone is/can be very addictive. Not physically addicting of course, but mentally, as the physique you'll have and gain's so much more than what can be done natural all parts being equal, that it's hard to be so proud of yourself and your newly inflated ego (nearly impossible to not grow as much as well) that you'll want to run your PCT (post cycle therapy) for 4-wks, and start another cycle to keep your gains/continue growing and shredding...My bench went from 180 to 335lbs on a set on my first cycle, with body fat reducing 12% to 8%...First time i could see abs, but actually look shredded in the mirror, and sex drive is so high you'll be banging anything and everything..

I would only recommend test (and test alone) with a lot of learning before hand, gaining all of the supp's needed 'on hand, in case' (Anti-E's like A-dex) and/or things that are guaranteed to be needed such as PCT (Nolva/Clomid) after cycle; For me, HCG to keep my boys, etc...In other words, don't jump the gun without a full understanding, how to do things correctly, and what is essentially needed throughout the whole process and to have it all on hand before beginning. Also don't consider to ever run ANY AAS/Test/etc etc. if you're not already training and fit <20% body fat (the lower your body fat pre-cycle, the more pronounced you're gains will be, plus the fact that if you're +20% BF, you have a lot of training naturally to be done before considering test. Maturity is equally important, and to consider using AAS advise have an age minimal of mid 20's, as being <20yrs of age minimum is irresponsible, as A) you're body/mind is still growing naturally, and B) you've simply not trained long enough given your age to be mature enough and ready to try any supplements and have the training before hand to see benefits, which the exception of risk outweigh the reward's on those simple variables nearly everyone, veteran lifters especially, will all preach...

If interested, you have to ask yourself, Can I dedicate 3-months of my life to the training and lifestyle, be extremely determined/dedicated to this?? Don't even consider test even alone if not, as it will not benefit you, and could possibly cause gyno (man titties) from high Estrogen levels, E-2, from not properly running your gear correctly/dieting correctly/living healthy; Thus in the case of thinking to just go out and try some test and see what happens without a plan, is another exception to where risks may outweigh the reward, and not recommended.

Tell you what though, if you're of age, already train at least somewhat regularly, and are prepared to follow a strict protocol/diet/routing and regime, the benefits will be absolutely guaranteed to outweigh any negatives, and it will most certainly transform what wouldn't be possible naturally. I feel a general overall state of great 'well-being,' and self esteem flowing through your veins as you become ripped/jacked (outcome varies depending on individual goals, and diet)...There's dozens of Tests, such as test base, enanthate, cypionate, propionate, phenylpropeniate, deconante, etc etc.....95%+ user's always use Test Enanthate, or Cyp, as they're nearly the same...Test Cyp is what MD's use to give older men TRT (test replacement therapy) shots, but in USA BB'ers prefer Test E., as it has shown to carry less water weight, great availability as it's easy to obtain, and stay's in the body a long time, only requing (2) doses/week...Mon/Thurs are seemingly the most common ROA day's for user's...Secondly, Test Prop. is another option incredibly popular, a Test that doesn't take 3 weeks to kick in, but nearly immediately, and has properties to shred more fat and carry less water than other test's...

However, doses must be done ED/EOD as it's rapid absorption leaves the body very quickly, so prepare to pin ALL the time, which isn't a fun thing to generally to do (given, if done right, with say a 23g, correctly booting, will hardly feel a thing, depending on the gear. Some cause PIP depending on how the oil's are made. Ehtyl Oleate for example causes some PIP, thus it's important to know the quality of the gear and PIP ahead of time, especially if your'e pinning 1/2+ times a week....For me, the first time i pinned ever was 4" above the knee in the leg, and i couldn't walk for a week the pain was so intense, let alone workout....After that, i was like 'F this, im about to throw all this trash away.'.....Then later in the week learned to pin correctly in the glute, didn't feel hardly a thing, and ever since don't even consider it to be scary/uncomfortable.

Probably a LOT more information than you wanted to know, but since you mentioned test BOOSTERs, i just wanted you to immediately rid the idea of such a thing, as a 250mg dose 2x a week is a 'general' test increase to the point of real gain...Those test booster's likely don't even contain any actual Test, but products that are known to 'raise test level's,' so marginally that a protein shake would do you more benefit....Not to mention test booster's are probably $10+, something you're drinking, and wouldn't raise your actual test level's 10-15mg.

The body depending on age/genetics produces roughly 35-75mg/wk throughout your age level, health, genes, etc...As mentioned, the regular typical 'test' cycle is 500mg/wk, in 2 doses. Certainly a very high increase, which also causes your estrogen (woman, titties, etc) to jump as well, which you will counter with Anti-E/SERM's (ex, 1/3 of a 1mg A-Dex pill EOD throughout cycle, OR only if gyno is noticed, to have on hand....Some people get gyno from looking at test, other's can take 1,000mg of test and 1,000mg of tren/wk and never experience gyno...Go figure. I'm prone to gyno, and HCG (keep your balls hanging) increases test as well, so hcg during my cycles have caused slight gyno, as the spike from the hcg +test takes me over the edge and e-2 level's become too high, i must remember to take a quarter a-dex pill EOD for a week or two to be safe, i would notice one breast very slightly larger to the eye when this would happen; W A-dex/Nolva on hand, it would cease nearly immediately after dosing. Improper use however, and being prone to gyno, can cause ill side effects in the long run if not dealt with, and much harder to fix/get back to normal...That's about the only 'side effect' that is negative as well as shrinkage of nuts if u don't run hcg...Aside from sex drive 10x increase, and a possibly elevated aggression, though rare and not pronounced such as is when using Tren-Acetate, or really hardcore AAS compounds, which to say is apples to oranges, is even the understatement...Test is safe, effective, and absolutely worth trying once if equipped to do so by the suggestions in my post.

I'm done! Just figured id give you the run down on how testosterone in men work since you wanted to boost your test levels. Amino Acids are also important, and you can find information on that online. Though a smaller role, the importance of multi-vitamin's and amino acids to ensure proper nutrition level is highly suggested when training at any level, but even more-so when running a form of an AAS.

BTW, the general rule of thumb for dieting in general: Run a 40/40/20 or a 50/30/20 ratio depending upon your goals. That is, Protein/Carb/Fat intake; 40/40/20 being ran most i would speculate. Those fat's need to be goood fat's, such as olive oil (i put it on my steaks, etc)....1g protein per body lb... 220lbs = goals of 200+g's protein per day...200g's of protein shake isn't equal to 200g of protein from FOOD sources as well. 3500-4000 calories/day, split in or about 6 meals, Pre-Post workout shake's are important.

On Amino-Acids; Everything you could ever want to know, a one simple source breaking down everything you need to know. http://www.steroidology.com/forum/an...erbs-more.html

there are 2 types of AA's to know. Essential and non-essential. The following post is IMO the most thorough and reliable resource as a go-to reference breaking down what each and every essential and non-essential amino acid does, what they are, and what they effects that they have on your body.

Vitamins are included in this thorough write up, such as the importance of vitamin's and mineral's. B12, C, D, E, etc. Also, minerals which are important to the body including copper, magnesium, zinc, etc. Finally herbs have a role of importance and balance in a healthy diet such as Green Tea, Maca, etc. including functions/use's and why each of these individual AA's, Vitmain's, Mineral's, nad Herb's balance your diet and healthy diet/well-being.

Good luck, and i hope that you find something to gain in my way too long, TMI, post that ended up taking more time than i meant, but i figured you may find some of this information usefuel/beneficial and it's important to know from experience.

Steroidology, IMG (ironmagazineforum), BodyBuilding, T-nation, Thinksteroids (in order of IMO best to good) forums for both inside-out informative wealth of insight, as well as proper source related material for finding and reading reviews on the best legitamate UGL, Homebrew, or Pharm grade gear (that you will have to learn on your own, though easily found through material cited above; Reviews/reliability of specific brands, etc., which can vary greatly, and the differences in how the product is made are all important factor's in your decision to use AAS to Amino Acid's, as all are far from created equal.

Good luck and I hope like i said, you are able to get something gained/learned from some of the info i've given, and apologies again to all for the lengthy post, to those also having read. Cheers.
    Last edited by Evolved137; 07-22-15 at 02:49 AM. Reason: grammatical errors and sh!t..and its almost 4 a.m.

Yotone
    Yotone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

pretty heavy stuff some of you guys are on. i dont see the point if youre not competing or if your testosterone level is so low it effects your normal life and job. but to each their own but it is surprising there are so many advocates of non natural body building.

my advice is for those to that want to shed the fat is just to find out what your maintenance level is calorie wise and slowly reduce it by eating clean. do that and lift weights, its really that simple but it takes time.

as for supplements i take some pre work outs. its basically just a caffeinated drink that works the same way as coffee.

good luck.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    i sip on my aminos before/during/after workout... and take some extra glutamine before bed

how old are you? i went through some age/test/hormonal issues in my mid -late 30s ... fukked up sleep and other issues... have i asked if you have gotten bloodwork done lately?
    I'll be 38 in August. I haven't been to a doctor in a long time. Honestly... I don't trust them. Maybe I don't want to know what's wrong? Maybe I'm just worn down? I don't think anyone wants to take a backseat to life while getting older... Maybe we don't want to hear the bad news when we do go to see a doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Listen to your body man if it doesn't feel right it isn't right. I know it's hard to cut back if your a gym bro but it will be better in the long run. Try a couple eggs daily instead of aminos and see if you still get a crash. Make sure your total caffeine intake isn't over 300mg daily as that can burn out your adrenals and make you feel like crap. Also don't train on adrenaline all workouts should be punch the clock and break a sweat type till you feel better.
    Ever since that Amino Acid crap I had a few days ago... I don't have a sexual desire. Which is very odd. Never had an issue like that. I just hope I'm fatigued... and need some rest... and go back slow into the gym again. I swear... I always seem to fuk something up.

I thought taking straight carrot juice was helping my body? I take like 4oz ever so often (twice daily)... and it helps balance my sugars... like... it gives me just enough energy to stay motivated at the gym... and burn fat. Maybe the spike of Vitamin A is screwing with my immune system some how? Everyone says... drinking straight carrot juice is much healthier than taking a high concentrated Vitamin A pill. Which high dosages of Vitamin A would be toxic. I get this mild sore throat in the morning.... once I wake up... get up... walk around for a few it goes away.

Should I just be taking 250mg of Vitamin C periodically (pill form)? What is too much Vitamin C?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

raydog

tms "I'll be 38 in August. I haven't been to a doctor in a long time. Honestly... I don't trust them. Maybe I don't want to know what's wrong? Maybe I'm just worn down? I don't think anyone wants to take a backseat to life while getting older... Maybe we don't want to hear the bad news when we do go to see a doctor"

i hear ya... at our age, any bad news can be a mental fukk job... but spend $50-75 and go get a full male/female blood panel done... it will check everything... too much to name, but liver enzymes, red blood cell count, test (and free test) and estro levels e2 , will give you a better idea of whats going on...

if i shared my entire daily vitamin stack, you would think i was on my death bed... but stick with the basics...

if you do nothing else, at least take a good Multi and hammer more vit C and vit B... do not be afraid to bang that Vit C dose up to 1000mg a day.. i run more on some days... C does so much amazing shit for the body, for an active person, 250mg is nowhere near what is needed, imo... you simply piss out what doesnt get absorbed, so dont worry about taking too much

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO

I am in my upper 30's as well still feel good but can't hang and bang like in the 20's. TMS with you with the doctor thing most are drug dealers with no knowledge of strength and nutrition. Loss of sex drive or appetite suddenly is a sign of overwork or low T. You can take up to 4000mg of C total daily but start with 1000mg as some people get stomach issues around 4000mg. If you haven't taken Anabolics, Prohormones, or cholesterol medicines before I doubt it is low T but it doesn't hurt to get your blood run just make sure it is from a reputable doctor not a TRT clinic.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Goto the doctor and get a Rx for testosterone....the real stuff, not the gimicky shit they sale over the counter that doesn't work.
    what do u say to get it?

are we talkin HGH?

the clear?

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    what do u say to get it?

are we talkin HGH?

the clear?
    I was talking about getting it legally with a Rx. Men in their 30s should be able to get it since their Test isn't the same as it was when they were 20.

If you want to be a bodybuilder, I'm not going to explain that route.....

raydog

you dont even need a script these day... you can go to any of these new mens health centers pay to have blood work done and even if you are barely below "normal" they will pin you...up to 250mg test a week...20-25bucks... total fukking rip off, but if you dont have a reliable source, at least you get your test levels up to normal or a bit higher...

an older gym buddy told his dr. that his shots werent doing shit for him anymore... and instead of doing more bloodwork to see what was up , the guy told him he could start getting 2 shots a week... suuuuuuuuuuuure, let me throw you 50 a week, instead of 25, for bunk ass test... i sent him to another mens clinic for blood work and his levels were down in he 300s again... he was getting bunk shit .... scamming fukks everywhere boyz ... he pins himself now.

TheMoneyShot

Hey Raydog

I was scanning Amazon for supplements etc. There's so much JUNK and false sh#$ out there. I heard they discontinued DMZ 3.0. Now DMZ 4 is coming out. Some people have already tried a bottle... said it was weaker than 3.0 and/or no effect.

Remember Superdrol by Anabolic Xtreme company? What was in those pills? I think you said it was a prohormone? I tried to do some research on it... some websites claim it was Methasterone.

I also read on some websites people talking about... SARMS? What are your thoughts on that?

I'm trying to get an extra boost. I don't want to waste money on garbage. I tried the DMZ 3.0 you recommended... the only issues was... my shoulder joints were killing me. Once I got off the DMZ 3.0 the pain went away. It was so weird.

If you have a recommendation... let me know. Thanks man!

Bandit
    Ohio... Way Back When
    Bandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11716

Great Thread!
    Thks to everyone for all the contributions..........esp incl the Pic Big Bear

My workouts were made "timed workouts" last year that really made a difference in general overall body strength and general wellness.
    In the past I was helter skelter bouncing around in the gym - no more.
    Everyone is different, I know and respect that. This is just what I found made a diff for me.

I follow a regimen of loose warm up exercise's 1st (15 minutes - no weights and I'm beginning to sweat) then onto my program.
    What I really like - Bench for sure and Bike for Cardio.
    Drinking lot's of water NOT the tap sh*t but bottled min 2 litres a day.
    I also weigh myself after each workout. This I have found to be so beneficial for intake replacement.
    And this was not my gym'm......I'm not that smart lol - very good trainer set up my program.

This is me and like I said earlier everyone's diff. I switched over to a 2:1carb/prot ratio last fall. No exotic suppl's whatsoever. Vitamin's yes and limited caffeine/eliminated sugar's/no more processed crap/switched to Lamb steaks and chops instead of Beef/Chicken/Fish/Pork/Greens esp Spinach as a salad and Fruits absolutely. Greek Yogurt for sure.
    So it's been almost a year to date since and I feel great. I also noticed I felt better when I ate smaller, no bloating.

Good Luck to everyone, we only go around once in life; don't be timid, push your body.
    Last edited by Bandit; 10-25-15 at 08:09 AM.

raydog

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Hey Raydog

I was scanning Amazon for supplements etc. There's so much JUNK and false sh#$ out there. I heard they discontinued DMZ 3.0. Now DMZ 4 is coming out. Some people have already tried a bottle... said it was weaker than 3.0 and/or no effect.

Remember Superdrol by Anabolic Xtreme company? What was in those pills? I think you said it was a prohormone? I tried to do some research on it... some websites claim it was Methasterone.

I also read on some websites people talking about... SARMS? What are your thoughts on that?

I'm trying to get an extra boost. I don't want to waste money on garbage. I tried the DMZ 3.0 you recommended... the only issues was... my shoulder joints were killing me. Once I got off the DMZ 3.0 the pain went away. It was so weird.

If you have a recommendation... let me know. Thanks man!
    sdrol was/is chemically stronger than dianabol (dbol) .. it has a slightly different chemical make up and that allowed it to be legal, if i recall... and hell yeah, the sdmz dries you out big time... joints hurt, cramps and back pumps are hard to handle and it killed my appetite... you have to stay super hydrated and take a liver aid supp... it was more trouble than it was worth towards the end, for me

let me look over the forums a bit... ironmaglabs and undergroungsupps (.coms) were the few places that were carrying the sdmz and other similar products and they are both reputable... but honestly, you will get more benefit and actually keep your joints lubed better with dbol and bite the bullet and run some test... i used liquid dbol to start this last cycle and its no different than the pill, cleaner and doesnt effect the liver near as much. (you drop it under your tongue) ...

as far as sarms.. i dont bother with them...osterine or something like that is one i read about a while back, but didnt bother with it....

the best product, as far as sarm/peptide/research chem on the market today, is called MK-677 ... it is the closest thing to hgh that is out there, without having to pin yourself daily... its a liquid, goes under the tongue for a minute and then swallow.. you take it before bed and it produces the same rising levels of gh during your sleep that hgh does... i get the same numb hands the next day, more strength and some other effects that hgh users feel... the drawback to it is that 25mg gives the effect that maybe 4 iu of hgh does, but the levels fall back to slightly over normal and anything higher than 25mg looks to be a waste of product... the gh levels only raise to a certain level and then begin to fall... but anyways, you get the idea about the product..

again, i suggest forgetting about the sdmz and otc products... pm me if you want more info.

TheMoneyShot

Time to get back to the gym on a regular basis! Football season is almost over. Need to get back in shape for the Summer months.

I plan on doing cardio twice a day including lifting.

45 minutes of weight training
    45 minutes of cardio
    Rest...
    45 minutes of cardio at night (before the day is over)

On my off days (lifting)
    Trying to do cardio for 45 minutes. (usually I never workout at all on off days)
    If anything... just 1 day rest out of 7. Until I see some major results.

Want to get the heart rate above 145 but no more than 160 during each time with cardio. Even if I feel like I can push it more. I'm just going to stay on that pace... see how much body fat/weight I can lose.

TheMoneyShot

That was one hellified workout. Too old for this sh#$.

First 1234