teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

http://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2015...s-intv-wrn.cnn

That negro is crazy ....Even the white woman interviewing him was looking at him amazed then tried to explain it to him still this negro said "my flag" multiple time about the confederate flag unreal.... SC blacks are something else everyone I've met has been an ass kissing Tom 4 real.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Mississippi announced today they will not be bringing in a special session to discuss changing their state flag again

Black caucus asked this week and Gov Bryant politely replied today by saying a special session is called only for a natural disaster or major economic development plan....bravo Governor, Bravo!

This will all die down soon.

teaserpleaser

cant make this shit up...

http://stlouis.suntimes.com/stl-news...-flag-missouri

A Missouri woman, Anna Robb, who operates a Confederate merchandise store, recently said in an interview with the Springfield News-Leader the media is misrepresenting the meaning of the flag.

Turns out, she has ties to the Klu Klux Klan (KKK), according to Fox2Now.com.

Days after conducting that interview, the News-Leader learned Robb’s husband and co-owner of the store, Nathan, once tried to adopt a portion of an Arkansas highway on behalf of the KKK. The paper also discovered Nathan’s father, Thomas Robb, is the national director of the KKK.
    When Robb was asked about the family connection to the hate group, she said she and her husband had not been in contact with Thomas Robb in years, but she did admit to attending KKK events in the past. However, she said those days are behind her and have nothing to with her store or the current race issues.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Let's ban isis flag and maybe those blood sucking demons will disappear.

What a bunch of morons...

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

When i'm on Martin Luther king boulevard stopped at a red light or at an ATM machine i'm not looking out for a Confederate flag to kill or rob me.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Carolinians are finding their own common ground and working it out in THEIR state. The girl who climbed the pole to remove it this weekend....was from 'Ferguson Action Group' so again outsiders trying to put their ideas on locals. The flags will stay....story over...I hear Bobbi Christina (whitney Houston's drugged up kid) is out of the hospital now so thats where the attention shifts now.
    Attached Images  

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Mississippi announced today they will not be bringing in a special session to discuss changing their state flag again

Black caucus asked this week and Gov Bryant politely replied today by saying a special session is called only for a natural disaster or major economic development plan....bravo Governor, Bravo!

This will all die down soon.
    Good for them,most of the anti Confederate articles ive seen are from the NY Post,not very shocking I know

The Inevitable
    The Inevitable's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3256

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post

That negro is crazy ....Even the white woman interviewing him was looking at him amazed then tried to explain it to him still this negro said "my flag" multiple time about the confederate flag unreal.... SC blacks are something else everyone I've met has been an ass kissing Tom 4 real.
    The kid needs to learn history. There was an extremely small number of black people who fought for the Confederacy. Historical records simply do not support blacks fighting for the south. Professor James McPherson who won a Pulitzer prize for a Civil War book, read 25,000 letter's belonging to soldiers of the Confederacy and has only come across 12 occasions where a black solider had been mentioned. There have been other estimates of 250-300 black soldiers to as many as 3,000 (which I seriously doubt). Also it needs to be noted, that those who did serve were mostly servants to officers or cooks.

After all, the south was fighting to keep slave labor, so blacks fighting for the Confederacy isn't very logical. Also it was against policy to enlist blacks and it wasn't until close to the end of the war (1865) with the Confederacy nearing defeat, did the Confederacy approve the enrollment of black soldiers. Prior to 1865 the idea was brought up but dismissed. General Robert E Lee said, “We must decide whether slavery shall be extinguished by our enemies and the slaves be used against us, or use them ourselves.” Robert M.T. Hunter, Senator from Virginia, was quoted as saying in response to enlisting slaves to fight, "What did we go to war for, if not to protect our property?" Like I said before by the time they finally did approve black enrollment it was to late and the blacks that did serve, were only a few in numbers designated to cooks and assistants with very little actually fighting.

The flag of debate represented the Confederate Army, which was fighting to keep slave labor. The kid is misguided because he doesn't know his history and he probably thinks his ancestors fought for a good cause.

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Inevitable first of all great handle, secondly thank you for the history lesson but now please explain to me what the flag means to you as a southern rebel born Carolina boy? Black or white doesn't matter, I'll assume your black since you criticized that one for needing a history lesson. I am not saying this in an inflammatory manner, simply wanting to understand how someone that was born in that region really feels about the stars and bars. If I were a history major, I would think removing/destroying any part of said history would be a sad day indeed. Many tears behind the US flag as well, lets not kid ourselves....

Unrelated topic...Jordan is the GOAT, Robert E Lee also said God Bless the tar heel boys
    Last edited by Ra77er; 06-30-15 at 03:57 AM.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8480

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 11-27-15 at 02:07 PM. Reason: image does not exist

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by The Inevitable View Post
    The kid needs to learn history. There was an extremely small number of black people who fought for the Confederacy. Historical records simply do not support blacks fighting for the south. Professor James McPherson who won a Pulitzer prize for a Civil War book, read 25,000 letter's belonging to soldiers of the Confederacy and has only come across 12 occasions where a black solider had been mentioned. There have been other estimates of 250-300 black soldiers to as many as 3,000 (which I seriously doubt). Also it needs to be noted, that those who did serve were mostly servants to officers or cooks.

After all, the south was fighting to keep slave labor, so blacks fighting for the Confederacy isn't very logical. Also it was against policy to enlist blacks and it wasn't until close to the end of the war (1865) with the Confederacy nearing defeat, did the Confederacy approve the enrollment of black soldiers. Prior to 1865 the idea was brought up but dismissed. General Robert E Lee said, “We must decide whether slavery shall be extinguished by our enemies and the slaves be used against us, or use them ourselves.” Robert M.T. Hunter, Senator from Virginia, was quoted as saying in response to enlisting slaves to fight, "What did we go to war for, if not to protect our property?" Like I said before by the time they finally did approve black enrollment it was to late and the blacks that did serve, were only a few in numbers designated to cooks and assistants with very little actually fighting.

The flag of debate represented the Confederate Army, which was fighting to keep slave labor. The kid is misguided because he doesn't know his history and he probably thinks his ancestors fought for a good cause.

George Washington owned slaves. Are these same people making noise today offended by the $1 Bill....hell why don't we move the White House from Washington since it holds his namesake as a reminder to all who see it to?

People just need to grow up about the nonsense of the debate.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Right. As a Jew these offend me. Down they go!
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 11-27-15 at 02:07 PM. Reason: image does not exist

DwightShrute

Right. As a Jew these offend me. Down they go!
    while you're at it ...

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    while you're at it ...
    Did you see where they turned the Memphis pyramid into a Bass Pro Shop Progress.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

My car broke in SC on the way down to FL. Had a black guy and his kids fix it who owned the service station.
    Him, his family and everyone including blacks that I met down there were the most friendly and respectable
    people I've ever met. I was stuck there for 3 days.

You don't have to be an uncle tom to treat your fellow man with respect.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ra77er, and DwightShrute

DwightShrute

Ra77er

Dwight you are a great poster this made my afternoon Fire up the bulldozers and lets get these pyramids outta here.

DwightShrute

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Dwight you are a great poster this made my afternoon Fire up the bulldozers and lets get these pyramids outta here.
    I will bring the tequila

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Say what you want about the south, but no one retires and moves up north

The Inevitable

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Inevitable first of all great handle, secondly thank you for the history lesson but now please explain to me what the flag means to you as a southern rebel born Carolina boy? Black or white doesn't matter, I'll assume your black since you criticized that one for needing a history lesson. I am not saying this in an inflammatory manner, simply wanting to understand how someone that was born in that region really feels about the stars and bars. If I were a history major, I would think removing/destroying any part of said history would be a sad day indeed. Many tears behind the US flag as well, lets not kid ourselves....

Unrelated topic...Jordan is the GOAT, Robert E Lee also said God Bless the tar heel boys
    What it means to me? Like I said earlier the flag represented the Confederate Army, which was fighting to keep slave labor. I'm not supporting anything that's pro slavery. What it would mean to anyone else? People say it represents their southern heritage or culture. Just like the kid in the clip, I believe their misguided. If they want a flag that represents southern pride, they should have picked a different flag. Not only did the Confederacy fight for slavery but it lost the war, in which case the flag should have been abolished. BTW, it wouldn't be destroying history, the flag is still in the history books.

The Inevitable

George Washington owned slaves. Are these same people making noise today offended by the $1 Bill....hell why don't we move the White House from Washington since it holds his namesake as a reminder to all who see it to?

People just need to grow up about the nonsense of the debate.
    Just simply not the same thing. George Washington freed his slaves, but the south fought to keep theirs.

And you say people need to grow about the nonsense of the debate, yet you continue the mockery started by DwightShrute.

....And FYI... the pyramids weren't built by slaves.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

South Carolina's flag should have a big pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw on it. Damn that stuff is good.
    Points Awarded:

gauchojake gave daneblazer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Aliens

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

What it means to me? Like I said earlier the flag represented the Confederate Army, which was fighting to keep slave labor. I'm not supporting anything that's pro slavery. What it would mean to anyone else? People say it represents their southern heritage or culture. Just like the kid in the clip, I believe their misguided. If they want a flag that represents southern pride, they should have picked a different flag. Not only did the Confederacy fight for slavery but it lost the war, in which case the flag should have been abolished. BTW, it wouldn't be destroying history, the flag is still in the history books.
    You have to come at it from the broader context and not JUST 'we love slaves so we fly this flag' to understand why certain states and people feel its a part of history that shouldn't just be swept under the rug as if it will never have happened. I understand the old high school history book version of what it defines but you need to either spend time in the southern states or looking at the time period (less than 100 years removed from becoming a nation so still fighting over the model of what it should be) and research how the economy was based with the industry in the north dependent on food and resources being developed in the south and west that needed the labor whether it was through slaves (remember the north had them as well for workers) or during Reconstruction era where the freed slaves still ended up staying and becoming workers doing the same jobs when they could have left and went north but chose not to....and the North didn't exactly do either the slaves or the southern states any favors to make it easy to form a stronger union afterwards. Look into the debts owed and deals struck with the Union vs Confederate states in the years following the end of the war. Way too much to get into on a sports forum but just saying its more than just the slave issue that is behind what the flag stands for.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Just simply not the same thing. George Washington freed his slaves, but the south fought to keep theirs.

And you say people need to grow about the nonsense of the debate, yet you continue the mockery started by DwightShrute.

Because it shows the hilarity of the debate. Look...people get way too offended by anything these days. Millions of people get offended by the gay flag yet the White House colored itself in it also week....you'll never have 100% agreement on any debate thats why its a debate, multiple sides. But we can't selectively choose who is right to be offended one day and punish the others the next. The people in Carolina and Mississippi and the rest of the states chose THEIR flags and have voted recently as well. The Mississippi one in particular was a compromised one and had black support too. Carolina chose to fly their not atop the state building but to the side....by the people. It shouldn't be up to Washington or the NYC media to dictate what everyone else should do. It's a flag....taking it down will not end the woes of the poor blacks in today's economy nor will it end racism or stop anything other than dumbass debates.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Very little about the civil war had anything to do with slavery.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: itchypickle

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Aliens
    damn boys, where have ya'll been...

this shit is all over the news down here...... Russians have found the skeleton of a "huge human" at an archeological dig site.... yes, that's right, a f'n giant.....

the pyramids were set up in a sand box of these giants while they were vacationing in the south mediteranean sea area during Holiday.......

Pretty much an ancient giant kid's tinkertoy set

Ra77er

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30698

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    while you're at it ...
    This must stay. Otherwise how will people on the moon be able to see without the light?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Very little about the civil war had anything to do with slavery.
    Riiiight.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

So who did then, dont keep us in suspense

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Riiiight.
    We forget Toler....you still cling to that public school indoctrination that the Brontosauraus walked the Earth, The Paul Revere Story, Sally Ride was the first woman in Space and more recently that Mike Brown's Hands Up Don't Shoot.

We still love ya though man, its not your fault.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    The only thing I associate the Confederate flag with is them good 'ol Duke boys. Sadly there are a lot of stupid people who use it as a thinly veiled symbol of racism.

teaserpleaser

damn took the dukes of hazard down you know things are getting serious....daisy duke can stay though

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

damn took the dukes of hazard down you know things are getting serious....daisy duke can stay though
    They'll come for Bugs Bunny next...

First 123 Last