jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Police Shootings Killed Nearly 400 in 5 Months, Report Finds

Two-thirds of those who were unarmed were Hispanic or black

At least 385 people were killed in police shootings during the first five months of this year, according to a new analysis, a grim tally that aims to put a more realistic figure against a federal estimate that is considered to be significantly underreported.
    While about half of the victims were white, the report released Saturday by the Washington Post found that two-thirds of those who were unarmed were Hispanic or black. Among the other findings: 92 of those killed were identified by family or authorities as mentally ill, 49 people had no weapon and the guns held by 13 people were actually toys.
    The analysis relied on police records, media coverage and other sources. While the federal government keeps data on fatal police shootings, it’s widely considered to be incomprehensive, as only some of the nearly 18,000 police departments across the country contribute information.
    The findings aim to keep attention on the national debate over police force in the wake of several high-profile police killings of unarmed black Americans over the past year, from Eric Garner in New York City last July and Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., the next month to 12-year-old Tamir Rice in Cleveland last November and Walter Scott in North Charleston, S.C., this past April.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

OK, how many were unarmed? 6? 60? Another thing. Take the race part out. The key component to me is what was the economic situation in each of these neighborhoods the shootings took place in? I bet you will find that almost all of them were in financially poor areas where your minority population is going to be larger.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    OK, how many were unarmed? 6? 60? Another thing. Take the race part out. The key component to me is what was the economic situation in each of these neighborhoods the shootings took place in? I bet you will find that almost all of them were in financially poor areas where your minority population is going to be larger.
    Got the info from of all places, The Islam Times. 49 were unarmed. That means about 33 were unarmed minorities. Now, I'd like to see how many of these were guys that went for a cop's gun, rushed a cop, or attacked one. As far as I'm concerned, nothing to see here.

http://www.islamtimes.org/en/doc/news/464275/

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Got the info from of all places, The Islam Times. 49 were unarmed. That means about 33 were unarmed minorities. Now, I'd like to see how many of these were guys that went for a cop's gun, rushed a cop, or attacked one. As far as I'm concerned, nothing to see here.

http://www.islamtimes.org/en/doc/news/464275/
    It's called cops doing a job for the most part. You nailed it...context matters. If a cop shows up to a domestic disturbance with weapons....warrant served on a drug house...robbery in progress...multitude of things lead to police shootings.

For the 50th time...I'll post the most common sense logic to 99.8% of these....if you aren't being a criminal or doing things you otherwise shouldn't be doing...there would be no altercations.

Kills me all the guys who wear Fukk the Police shirts and pick fights with them, glorify street life and wear their jail time and criminal activity as badges of honor....then cry foul when police engage them.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Kills me all the guys who wear Fukk the Police shirts and pick fights with them, glorify street life and wear their jail time and criminal activity as badges of honor....then cry foul when police engage them.
    What's funnier about the Fukc the Police shirts is the people who wear these shirts support the police at the end of the day.

The police are there to ensure the taxes are paid.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Great page that tracks and links all officer involved shooting stories across the country.

http://www.killedbypolice.net

pkwinnerpk
    pkwinnerpk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

Gosh scary huh
    Thx for sharing

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

baaaa baaaaaaa
    ok sheepy

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Seems like an acceptable loss.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    It's called cops doing a job for the most part. You nailed it...context matters. If a cop shows up to a domestic disturbance with weapons....warrant served on a drug house...robbery in progress...multitude of things lead to police shootings.

For the 50th time...I'll post the most common sense logic to 99.8% of these....if you aren't being a criminal or doing things you otherwise shouldn't be doing...there would be no altercations.

except for me and you know it, shall we take a trip down logic lane so I can destroy you again since you just said something a moron would say?

"if you aren't being a criminal or doing things you otherwise shouldn't be doing...there would be no altercations"

you're a sheep. Clear as a day but I've already proven that many times that is why you just stop replying instead of accepting you're wrong and you've been brainwashed... sheepy.
    Last edited by brooks85; 06-02-15 at 08:14 AM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

how many dogs have they killed????

they are killing dogs too.

Fukk the Police.

I have zero sympathy for cops.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    At least 385 people were killed in police shootings during the first five months of this year,

Gotta up that number.

Life lesson: don't commit crimes and cops will become your best friends.
    Points Awarded:

itchypickle gave ByeShea 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    except for me and you know it, shall we take a trip down logic lane so I can destroy you again since you just said something a moron would say?

"if you aren't being a criminal or doing things you otherwise shouldn't be doing...there would be no altercations"

you're a sheep. Clear as a day but I've already proven that many times that is why you just stop replying instead of accepting you're wrong and you've been brainwashed... sheepy.
    You're just wrong on this one Brooksy. Pretty much every story I've read so far involved the now dead person having a long criminal record or was in the act of committing one when shot. Don't take me out of context when I say just follow the rules when cops stop you...not meaning bow down like a slave....but when you are blue lighted for a violation don't take off and when you've just stolen something and asked to put your hands behind your back....don't fight or run. Guarantee you go home that day...well alive at least...if you just stole shitt then hopefully you send the night in county.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post

You're pro-crime and he's not. The only people who agree with your "Destruction" are people that think like you and have their minds made up and refuse to change. Kind of like a sheep.

The main problem is that you have no common sense.