Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Sounds like this woman is lucky that all that happened to her was a new phone upgrade.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

^ no she didn't or they would have charged her with interfering with police investigation assuming CA has that charge unlike MA in the previous article above. Pick one or the other, are we going by the letter of the law or what happened in the video? Either way she wins and piggies lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Well it still could have been a dangerous scene. Until everyone is detained and removed from the area, the cops are not going to want the locals getting right up in there. Notice how there are not any other civilians right up in there except for that one woman who felt the need to tell the officers about her rights.
    you ever see the movie Brazil?

You belong in it as one of the extras. Again nothing personal but your logic is just silly. You'd clearly defend these union workers for anything. Even when they are on tape breaking the law they are sworn to protect lol...
    Last edited by brooks85; 04-21-15 at 04:55 PM.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    you ever see the movie Brazil?

You belong in it as one of the extras.
    You don't know if the scene was secure or not. It said that 10 people were on their stomachs, but not that the drug sting operation was over.

This woman had no idea what was going on. If some type of gunfire between the cops and crooks breaks out and the woman gets injured, then people would be blaming the cops for not making her back away from the area and getting to a safe place.

brooks85

You don't know if the scene was secure or not. It said that 10 people were on their stomachs, but not that the drug sting operation was over.

This woman had no idea what was going on. If some type of gunfire between the cops and crooks breaks out and the woman gets injured, then people would be blaming the cops for not making her back away from the area and getting to a safe place.
    "You don't know if the scene was secure or not."

yes I do, again you can easily tell with minor knowledge on law enforcement operations and the body language of the officers. They had declared the scene secured, 100% positive. Or, those cops for reason just decided their life wasn't that important to be attentive during a federal bust... does that seem likely to you?

Kermit

They are still not going to want people right up in their business on the scene recording them even if the scene is secure and rightfully so. Cops are not going to want a civilian 10 feet away recording them after a bust if they are discussing what went down, or their next plan of attack.

Shit, the cops might as well pick up random citizens and take them around on the job.

Like I said, if this woman is recording from a safe distance, there is no problem.

brooks85

They are still not going to want people right up in their business on the scene recording them even if the scene is secure and rightfully so. Cops are not going to want a civilian 10 feet away recording them after a bust if they are discussing what went down, or their next plan of attack.

Shit, the cops might as well pick up random citizens and take them around on the job.
    boo penetrating who, time to put on your big boy pants. Welcome to adulthood.

We have gone full circle.

Kermit

Brooks, why do you suppose that this woman kept running her mouth to the Officers about her rights to record them? I really didn't hear them say much to her. What was she trying to gain by doing so?

If this woman was just standing there recording and a cop came up and smashed her phone, I would say that it was pretty fukked up. The fact that she ran her mouth for a good 20 seconds antagonizing them about her rights to record, I actually didn't care that they did it.

Why people go out of their way to make a cop's job even harder baffles me.
    Last edited by Kermit; 04-21-15 at 05:27 PM.

brooks85

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit;23903903[B
    ]Brooks, why do you suppose that this woman kept running her mouth to the Officers about her rights to record them?[/B] I really didn't hear them say much to her. What was she trying to gain by doing so?

If this woman was just standing there recording and a cop came up and smashed her phone, I would say that it was pretty fukked up. The fact that she ran her mouth for a good 20 seconds antagonizing them about her rights to record, I actually didn't care that they did it.

Why people go out of their way to make a cop's job even harder baffles me.
    I don't know, I'm more concerned with HER RIGHT TO DO SO. That is all that matters.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I think you are missing the point. That woman was probably told several times to move back and away from the scene and she refused to do so and ran her mouth about her rights. So in return the Police gave a reason to upgrade her phone. They didn't give a shit about her recording them, otherwise they would have just taken it.

If she was standing across the street at a safe distance away, nothing would have happened.
    Obviously he did care about being recorded or he wouldnt have ripped the phone away and slammed it onto the ground.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Kerm is a contrarian if you havent noticed. He's gonna take the least popular and wrong approach every single time and try to fit a square peg into a round hole. Somewhere along childhood he thought that was a way of being bright, by being different and irrational. That woman can talk as much as she wants cop shouldnt do anything. There was a cop vid on youtube I saw last year where a guy was pulled over and it turned into the cop saying something, the guy said something back, cop pulls guy out of car, black guy calls black cop the n-word, cop beats and punches him, other cops arrive, guy sues gets about 80k for being assaulted. If a cop pulls me over if I wanna curse him out he still has no right whatsoever to put his hands on me or bother my property. Those are just words, if you cant handle that you shouldnt be a cop where thats nothing compared to what your job entails. If you cant handle the stress, quit. Never knew why anyone would want to be a cop anyway, oh wait the power.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Obviously he did care about being recorded or he wouldnt have ripped the phone away and slammed it onto the ground.
    If they cared about her recording them, they would have taken the phone immediately when she was running her mouth about her rights to record them.

Kermit

All I see here is:

A.) A video with the entire beginning edited off(Most likely because this is where the woman is repeatedly told to back up)

B.) Some nosy trouble making busy-body woman trying to get as close to a Federal crime scene as she can and push the buttons of the Federal agents that are trying to do their job.

C.) Another woman recording only the nosy busy-body woman and nothing else.

Now I know you guys are cop haters and what not, but there may be something else to consider from all of this. This isn't some local yokel cops pulling over a car full of guys that ran a stop sign, this is a Federal crime scene

A Federal Marshal's duty is to protect informants, witnesses, and prisoners from higher criminals that may want them killed. This may have been only one of many possibilities of why did he not want this woman to be recording from such a close range. Undercover agents must blend in with the witnesses without being recognized and a video that could expose them could be devastating to their operation. It is not unusual for undercover agents to be arrested along with the criminals.

brooks85

and think where these piggies graduate to...

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...gerprints.html

brooks85

bahhh bahhh
    we get it sheepy

brooks85

hey kermit go watch the video where the cops beat the guy on stole the horse, tell us what you saw... lol because everyone else just say 650k payday for him thanks to these dumb pigs you think are the justice league

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-horseman-beaten-by-california-county-lawmen-to-be-paid-650000-2015-4

http://nypost.com/2015/04/16/man-tos...-court-papers/

another settlement

and another

http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2015...ights-lawsuit/
    Last edited by brooks85; 04-23-15 at 12:33 PM.

brooks85

and another, please kermit tell us what you saw on this one!!

just go take your blue pill

Kermit

The best way to avoid the police from beating your ass is not to give them a reason to. Start at the source of the problem.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    we get it sheepy
    Only a real sheep like you would cry over a issue that is so miniscule in our everyday lives.

When I leave the house in the morning, the last people that I am concerned with that may bring harm to me are the police. I am more concerned with the criminals in my town.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The best way to avoid the police from beating your ass is not to give them a reason to. Start at the source of the problem.
    yes..most of these can be prevented by just lying on ground

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

the best way to avoid the police beating your ass is to shoot the corrupt ccksucking mother fukkers before they get the chance to.............

fukkk the ppppoooollllleeeeeeccccceeeeeeeeeeeee!

brooks85

Only a real sheep like you would cry over a issue that is so miniscule in our everyday lives.

When I leave the house in the morning, the last people that I am concerned with that may bring harm to me are the police. I am more concerned with the criminals in my town.
    tell us what you see here sheepy

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

after dealing with a corrupt precinct 4, harris county, tx officer just yesterday.... (a formal complaint will be filed against him today), I have to disagree with Kermit........... I am more concerned about the status/conduct of the cops than I am criminals in my area....

these cops are not our friends, they are not here to help, to protect or to serve........ I am on the verge of committing my efforts toward ending the rampant corruption of law enforcement here in harris county, tx

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10699

If they cared about her recording them, they would have taken the phone immediately when she was running her mouth about her rights to record them.
    I think that when they broke the phone that was wrong the guy totally overreacted. If they warned her to get back it would have actually been better to just after a couple warnings actually arrest her if they felt she was too close to what was going on. That way her phone never gets smashed , she had prior warnings, and they would have a reason to actually arrest her.

And i do agree it must get annoying with being videoed as mush as people do now i know if i am just doing my job and someone is always taping me it would annoy me too.Although it works both ways- sometimes someone does something nice and shows off a good side like the one cop that pulled over with a little boy playing and he took 10 minutes to shoot hoops with him and someone taped it. Although i bet there are those that hate the police so much that if they did catch something good they would never show it.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Stop wasting your time with brooks. He's a blind cop hater who can't get it through his thick skull that when you have 100's of thousands of cops in the U.S., it's INEVITABLE that some bad apples will slip through the cracks and make awful decisions.

And now that everyone has the ability to capture it all on video with their phone, the whole world gets to see those awful decisions over and over and over again.

That DOES NOT MEAN that cops as a whole are the devil.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by captrobey View Post
    Although i bet there are those that hate the police so much that if they did catch something good they would never show it.

That's a very sharp bet, man.

First ... 4567