Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Starting Consession Business...

So im thinking about getting in the consession business im going to start with a fryer and sell fried oreos,twinkies,corn dogs and see how it does.Does anyone else have any consession expierience?

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

I was thinking about doing a food truck, selling mac and cheese bowls $5 each.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors

Quote Originally Posted by Dilo View Post
    I was thinking about doing a food truck, selling mac and cheese bowls $5 each.
    food trucks can be very profitable

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

Selling out of a food truck should be easy money. In five years or less, you could become a millionaire.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Go talk with someone that owns a food truck

Not nearly as easy to turn a profit as most think

Lot of politics involved, going up against brick and mortar shops. Lot of chain brick and mortar shops that lobby politicians to "level the playing field" with food trucks. In reality they're just tightening their profit margin.

Artificial selection at it's finest

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24902

Fried Oreos, Twinkies, and corn dogs? I will buy a set of defibrillators and follow you around with my cardiac arrest treatment business.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Someone made a similar thread like this before... by the time you get your food license etc... and fight your competition off... it's not worth it. Everyone wanted a damn hot dog stand.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    So im thinking about getting in the consession business im going to start with a fryer and sell fried oreos,twinkies,corn dogs and see how it does.Does anyone else have any consession expierience?
    its rediculously easy to make money in that business but its extremely hard to get started bc its almost impossible to find a place that will allow to set up shop.

everyone in America is a greedy fukk and every rec association etc is going to have either have their own concession stand or put a ban other starting one on their property and not let some outsider make a dollar

so basically you have to own the land if you want to start a business

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Go talk with someone that owns a food truck

Not nearly as easy to turn a profit as most think

Lot of politics involved, going up against brick and mortar shops. Lot of chain brick and mortar shops that lobby politicians to "level the playing field" with food trucks. In reality they're just tightening their profit margin.

Artificial selection at it's finest

apparently you dont understand sarcasm. I dont think anyone honestly thinks a food truck is a good business idea

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Fried Oreos, Twinkies, and corn dogs? I will buy a set of defibrillators and follow you around with my cardiac arrest treatment business.
    now that is a good idea

but dont u have to be a licensed doctor?

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    apparently you dont understand sarcasm. I dont think anyone honestly thinks a food truck is a good business idea
    You're right. No one has ever opened a food truck business. My apologies for thinking someone had and missing the sarcasm. And thank you for the wonderful insight.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    that shit only sells at livestock shows/rodeos/county fairs and circuses/carnivals.....

since he isn't gonna do well in that "leather chest strap harness" looking thing at a rodeo, I guess he'll be travelling with the circus, and bangin' carnies in no time

I predict the bearded lady is his first tryst, as he was already braggin at the poker tables about how he loves his girlfriends "hairy ass"........

(guys a fool, thinks this harry-assed "woman" has a 7" clit)
    Last edited by Auto Donk; 03-22-15 at 10:57 AM.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

I couldnt work/own a food truck or concession stand. I would eat away the profits

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

You're right. No one has ever opened a food truck business. My apologies for thinking someone had and missing the sarcasm. And thank you for the wonderful insight.
    i'm just saying opening a food truck is not a good business to start if you want to get rich. I suppose there are some that have made it big doing this and they are probably asian and live in Los Angeles and have extreme work ethics and are great cooks.

The Kraken

Then we agree

I know two individuals in OKC that had food trucks and did exceptionally well. Both ended up opening brick and mortar shops solely because state regulations were suffocating them.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors

Hmmm looks like this wont be my money maker.I hear missouri has quit a few pain clinics.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

It would be easier to join one of the military branches, achieve confidence in a superior to sign off saying you may be a good prospect for special operations Forces, pass the training re-up for 5 years, leave and and join a mercenary company that deploys men to war torn countries that the USA has no diplomatic ties and extract hostages. Some real idiotic liberal thinking people send their kids to build houses or on atheist missions that get abducted and will pay HUGE DOLLARS to have kid extracted.
    This would be easier than starting a food truck business.
    If you really wanted to start a food business, get a beautiful women willing to wear a thong and a hot dog cart. You will be a millionaire within a few short years. If you go the food truck route just get a beautiful, thong wearing great public person female and you will be able to earn enough to pay all the red-tape liscenses etc. Don't get a Brutus looking guy, you will fail.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Husband and wife team used to come by work and give us breakfast. His wife was a little hotty. Daisy dukes and a cut up top w/ no bra in the summer. We wanted that instead of the sandwich.

The Kraken

Hmmm looks like this wont be my money maker.I hear missouri has quit a few pain clinics.
    You plan on parking a food truck outside a pain clinic in Missouri?

That would be the worst of both worlds. I've been in a handful of pain clinics before. I always feel disgusting just being in there. They're usually pop up shops filled with junkies that don't have a dime to their name nor a shower in their house. Carpets are pungent and stained with god knows what, walls usually have a coffee teeth colour and the secretaries always have three or four Scentcys cooking because the clientele doesn't believe in hygiene.

To make matters worse, the doctor typically runs on average about 3 hours behind, not sure why. This causes the rodents to bottleneck up in the waiting room making everything above 10X's worse.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors

That would be the worst of both worlds. I've been in a handful of pain clinics before. I always feel disgusting just being in there. They're usually pop up shops filled with junkies that don't have a dime to their name nor a shower in their house. Carpets are pungent and stained with god knows what, walls usually have a coffee teeth colour and the secretaries always have three or four Scentcys cooking because the clientele doesn't believe in hygiene.

To make matters worse, the doctor typically runs on average about 3 hours behind, not sure why. This causes the rodents to bottleneck up in the waiting room making everything above 10X's worse.
    wasnt gona park a food truck there

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

.don't sell anything that will go bad...go for funnel cakes, coffee ect......

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

lol

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24902

What's all this jibber jabber about a pain clinic? You want a pain clinic? I'll show you a pain clinic...

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I don't think you can ever go wrong with deep fried oreos. I can only eat one because they are so sickingly sweet BUT they sure are good! Good luck with your new venture.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

how about a food truck that sells edibles in Colorado?

that would be a major hit.

Chicken Wings
    Waffles
    Burritos
    Pizza
    Weed Brownies
    Weed Popsicles
    Week Cookies
    chronic ice tea