Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

Anyone here Do Auto/Home insurance for a Living?

I was just curious if its something that a new agent could start making money as soon as he starts or is it one of those were you have to cold call people and try and get new clients.If you worked at lets say State Farm would they have any clients for you or how would that work?

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wrong account Bear
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Russian Rocket, TheMoneyShot, and The Kraken

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    Wrong account Bear
    Too funny!

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

See other thread LOL...not going on this rant 2 days in a row....lol.lol....State Farm is a joke never sell for them..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    I was just curious if its something that a new agent could start making money as soon as he starts or is it one of those were you have to cold call people and try and get new clients.If you worked at lets say State Farm would they have any clients for you or how would that work?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Anyone who's really trying to save on their auto insurance should look into Progressive. They cut out the middle man. You type in everything accurately... correct VIN... and bam get your quote. If you pay your 6 month quote off in full you get a decent discount. Once you're with Progressive for 6 full months... they will allow you to merge your homeowners insurance with auto.

I think it's the best out there.... give it a try if you want to save a buck.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15781

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Anyone who's really trying to save on their auto insurance should look into Progressive. They cut out the middle man. You type in everything accurately... correct VIN... and bam get your quote. If you pay your 6 month quote off in full you get a decent discount. Once you're with Progressive for 6 full months... they will allow you to merge your homeowners insurance with auto.

'

Yep and good luck when you have a Department of Motor Vehicles question (or a claim) and you're flushed to their Cleveland or wherever phone bank. I have a middle man and my rate is actually cheaper with an agent. Big myth that because they advertise heavy on TV they're always less.

I guess I'm off the subject caller.......

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Never buy advertised anything is my philosophy. Advertising costs big money. That cost is passed to you.

As much as I'd like to pop Flo, I'd have to say no to her product.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave rkelly110 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PaperTrail07

PaperTrail07

LMFAO.......so so so wrong sir....

PaperTrail07

Progressive is only good when you get a DUI, Wreckless OP ect...bc other companies non-renew you or something like that....Progressive does not have good rates

grey area
    grey area's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1622

Look into Primerica

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Progressive is Communist run.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbill365 View Post
    No shortcuts in that game. Unless you've got a serious network already in place you either work like it's the end of the world or you fail.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

if by do home/auto insurance you mean take it out and file false claims, then yes.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Too funny!
    not funny

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post
    '

Yep and good luck when you have a Department of Motor Vehicles question (or a claim) and you're flushed to their Cleveland or wherever phone bank. I have a middle man and my rate is actually cheaper with an agent. Big myth that because they advertise heavy on TV they're always less.

I guess I'm off the subject caller.......
    Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post

Never buy advertised anything is my philosophy. Advertising costs big money. That cost is passed to you.

As much as I'd like to pop Flo, I'd have to say no to her product.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    LMFAO.......so so so wrong sir....
    Woah woah woah!! Damn. Tough crowd! I researched AAA of Michgan, State Farm, Allstate, Farmers, Geico, and everyone wanted $2,200 a year to insure my house and $900 to insure my 08 Suburban (6 months).

Progressive said... we'll insure your house for $1,450 and Suburban for $550

No one could touch this rate. Everyone keeps saying Progressive advertises heavily? What company DOESN'T ADVERTISE HEAVILY? They all do. And the one that doesn't.... probably doesn't have the strength to back your claim.

Sorry fellas... I don't see any positive points by your posts? Name some insurers who run a great program?

rkelly110

I'm with Erie. I insure 3 vehicles, one full coverage for less than $1k a year. ($500 deductible) My house is bundled with that and pay $350 a year, full replacement cost. ($1k deductible) I've seen them locally TV advertise maybe twice in the 30+ years I've been with them.

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

i switched to geico and saved basically 100%. ya, i was with the same jag-off for years and was getting raped.

i switched to full coverage and theft and rental car and still saved huge. the first jagoff i had only liability.

TheMoneyShot

I'm with Erie. I insure 3 vehicles, one full coverage for less than $1k a year. ($500 deductible) My house is bundled with that and pay $350 a year, full replacement cost. ($1k deductible) I've seen them locally TV advertise maybe twice in the 30+ years I've been with them.
    Thanks for your post RK. I will look into it. I'm always trying to save a buck.

PaperTrail07

Look at a companys BEST rating....they are all financially strong....Again Progressive's rates are no good
    Woah woah woah!! Damn. Tough crowd! I researched AAA of Michgan, State Farm, Allstate, Farmers, Geico, and everyone wanted $2,200 a year to insure my house and $900 to insure my 08 Suburban (6 months).

Progressive said... we'll insure your house for $1,450 and Suburban for $550

No one could touch this rate. Everyone keeps saying Progressive advertises heavily? What company DOESN'T ADVERTISE HEAVILY? They all do. And the one that doesn't.... probably doesn't have the strength to back your claim.

Sorry fellas... I don't see any positive points by your posts? Name some insurers who run a great program?

PaperTrail07

Erie is Legit.....Good Company -cant say shit about em

PaperTrail07

Erie is like Auto Owners or Cincinnati or Grange or Travelers ect...they hardly advertise,,,maybe on BIG10 where they are somewhat local

rkelly110

Yeah, I see Allstates commercials on auto insurance. They will give you $100 every 6 months w/o an accident.
    Duh, they are giving you back your money.

Now, they got the ones with buying you a new vehicle if one is smashed driving off the showroom floor.
    The unlikely that will happen is probably as high as hitting the lottery.

The utter stupidity of some commercials really makes me wonder about the future state of the human race.

PaperTrail07

No doubt...i've learned people love getting "things".....even if they pay a higher rate...they love getting a "refund check" ...lol even though they still pay more overall...
    Yeah, I see Allstates commercials on auto insurance. They will give you $100 every 6 months w/o an accident.
    Duh, they are giving you back your money.

Now, they got the ones with buying you a new vehicle if one is smashed driving off the showroom floor.
    The unlikely that will happen is probably as high as hitting the lottery.

The utter stupidity of some commercials really makes me wonder about the future state of the human race.