scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

you're an idiot dane.

big bear, you're a fcking simpleton too.

if you go around singing "hang the ****** from the tree." you deserve to chastised/mocked/kicked the penetrate out of school.

for the idiots saying "freedom of speech." you're fcking dumb and i hope you try to sing that song at work.

not exactly in agreement with the "i hope it haunts them forever" camp. we've all said really stupid shit at 21 and it would be pretty stupid to forever judge someone based off what they said when they were 21.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Why were there all sorts of protests over this but there weren't protests when OU's star recruit Joe Mixon called someone a slur and punched a woman in the face? He broke four bones in the girls face and it was all on video.

No one demonstrated. Mixon didn't get expelled. People weren't marching in the streets.

So it's ok to yell homophobic things and beat women? That somehow doesn't warrant being expelled but if you chant when you're drunk and being hazed that's worse?

Violence and acting out hate is better than chanting it? Wtf kind of society do we live in?

As an alumni I'm disgusted by the double standard.

Both were wrong. Only one was handled correctly.

We're the African American "only" frats protesting for Mixon to be expelled? Hell no.

SAEs were douches. I'm glad they were expelled and agree with the swift action by the school. I'm just saying it's pretty damn hypocritical how they handled each.
    that dumb bitch would have kept hitting on him if he didnt do something... if he walked away, she would have gone after him... woman or man, if someone keeps assaulting you, you are well within your rights to defend yourself

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Same
    Assholes
    Everywhere

I was a SigEp -- Sigma Phi Epsilon, and we got confused for SAEs by people who never went the college route, and it was frustrating.

Ralph the balanced man
    Points Awarded:

Ralphie Halves gave itchypickle 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by scumbag View Post
    you're an idiot dane.

big bear, you're a fcking simpleton too.

if you go around singing "hang the ****** from the tree." you deserve to chastised/mocked/kicked the penetrate out of school.

for the idiots saying "freedom of speech." you're fcking dumb and i hope you try to sing that song at work.

not exactly in agreement with the "i hope it haunts them forever" camp. we've all said really stupid shit at 21 and it would be pretty stupid to forever judge someone based off what they said when they were 21.
    I agree they should be punished for it. They possibly could have gotten away with the national attention if they didn't say "hang them from a tree"...that's just fukked...but I don't think thru should be "haunted forever" either or have their lives ruined more than they already are. It was a song that was taught to them, and they got drunk and sang it under peer pressure. They had a right to say it though... I wish we were to the point the nation didn't get worked up over when drunk people like these guys & Riley cooper say racial slurs
    Last edited by daneblazer; 03-14-15 at 08:15 AM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

That link doesn't work now...wish I pasted the entire thing. Oh well

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    I see a bright future after basketball

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Unreal....made the kid do a news conference to apologize. And of course...while awaiting his public shaming...the black pundits say this is a first step but now it's up to the University to hire black faculty and offer blacks scholarships in order to help them heal from the emotional damage done by hearing the viral video.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Maybe they need to have rappers publically apologise to the general public for their songs/ videos.

First 12