slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6213

We are in love... and I am 95% certain he's telling the truth': Woman defends her

We are in love... and I am 95% certain he's telling the truth': Woman defends her decision to wire $1.4 MILLION to online lover in Africa she's never met

• Twice-divorced Sarah met man named Chris Olsen online 18 months ago
    • Said he is from Italy, moved to U.S. 18 years ago, is in Africa for work
    • They have never met, he has been in South Africa, Nigeria and Benin
    • She has wired him $1.4m for bail, lawyers, lost ************, hotel bills
    • Sarah told Dr Phil she believes he loves her and will come home

Crazy bitch

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5602

Sad. We all just want to be loved.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

We all want to be loved ....but $1.4 mill?!? Nah I don't need love that bad. Sucker born every minute

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    We are in love... and I am 95% certain he's telling the truth': Woman defends her decision to wire $1.4 MILLION to online lover in Africa she's never met

Crazy bitch

Kind of makes you think and wonder. Intersesting how one can MAKE UP A FICTIOUS Internet character online. Oh, the power of the Internet. The masses are pretty dumb and gullible and Online dating and chatting has become a huge business.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Probably one of my favourite stories of the year.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Crazy bitch

This doesn't end well.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

1.4 million can buy a lot of love.
    Points Awarded:

thezbar gave meader99 69 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    Kind of makes you think and wonder. Oh, the power of the Internet. The masses are pretty dumb and gullible.
    Tell me about it.
    The masses ate up "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" and my Obamacare will save you 2500 dollars a year"

Now the masses are eating up "Net Neutrality is good, is good for the little man"
    "Obamanet is good" Yeah, just like Obamacare the Department of Internet (FCC) says ObamaNet is so good we are not going to let you see it or read it until we pass it.

PT Barnum "Sucker born every minute"
    Last edited by stevenash; 03-01-15 at 09:00 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cuse0323

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10723

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Tell me about it.
    The masses ate up "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor" and my Obamacare will save you 2500 dollars a year"

Now the masses are eating up "Net Neutrality is good, is good for the little man"
    "Obamanet is good" Yeah, just like Obamacare the Department of Internet (FCC) says ObamaNet is so good we are not going to let you see it or read it until we pass it.

The Exchanges are a big pain in the ass. For someone like me they are not worth doing for people i basically do them as a courtesy if a client sends someone my way as a referral. I actually am happy if some reason comes up i do not have to do it. They are time consuming and you have to not only sign them up for the product itself but you also have to sign them up on the Healthcare.gov site too and get that all situated. You can spend an hour on the damn thing only to have something go wrong anyway and have to give them the phone number to call themselves because something got screwed up on the website. And even if it does work you get an amazing 3% commission on this which maybe if i do 2 of them i can get a Value Meal at Burger King.

However - not always, once in awhile they do help people which is why i still do them . Two people qualified for a Subsidy that their monthly premiums were .16 and .24 a month.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Tell me about it.

"A popular Government without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy, or perhaps both"

-James Madison

"most transparent administration in history"

-obama

"we have to pass it to see what's in it"

- pelosi
    Points Awarded:

NrmlCurvSurfr gave brooks85 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Cuse0323 gave brooks85 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stevenash

Didn't mean to hijack the thread
    Sorry OP

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Thread needed to be hijacked...more important things going on...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: brooks85

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Probably one of my favourite stories of the year.
    Why fav?

Article seems quite sad...
    Last edited by ACoochy; 03-01-15 at 03:39 PM. Reason: cos ur a chick and i know you would've taken it out of context haha
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Swinging Johnson

SharkAA
    SharkAA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6282

Crazy bitch

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Just looked up this story and saw her picture awww lawd. She says it crossed her mind "wow he's really good looking I can't believe he's into me". Yeah maybe shoulda listened to instinct there sweetheart before sending the $.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

i have a close friend who wired $180'000 to a nigerian scammer. My friend was thinking he was gonna see the $20'000'000 dollars he had inherited in some oil project. He was duped...

i belong to an online community called scam baiters and in my spare time we bait these scammers and waste their time. . Just today some nigerian sent me a pyment through a fakepaypal email for a phone i am selling. dumb scammer has no idea who he is messing with. we also bait them and make them do stupid things.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5602

Quote Originally Posted by drfunkmaster View Post
    i have a close friend who wired $180'000 to a nigerian scammer. My friend was thinking he was gonna see the $20'000'000 dollars he had inherited in some oil project. He was duped...

i belong to an online community called scam baiters and in my spare time we bait these scammers and waste their time. . Just today some nigerian sent me a pyment through a fakepaypal email for a phone i am selling. dumb scammer has no idea who he is messing with. we also bait them and make them do stupid things.

Isthis the group you belong to? http://www.419eater.com/

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Story is a lie...looked it up. It's not a woman...it's a cow.

captrobey

That is awesome love to see scammers getting scammed. The best ones were some of the questions he had to answer "Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near ".

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Sarah ....I love you

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    Sarah ....I love you
    You don't need her money you have 2000 Bet Points.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

180k? I doubt that, if so why do you have friends that are so dumb, I don't feel sorry for that type person, they are more greedy than the scammer.

drfunkmaster
    printing it

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    Isthis the group you belong to? http://www.419eater.com/
    yes sir...

drfunkmaster
    printing it

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    180k? I doubt that, if so why do you have friends that are so dumb, I don't feel sorry for that type person, they are more greedy than the scammer.
    yeah he did, he max his CCs, he had to declare bankruptcy , he lost his house. i was away in medical school and lost touch with him. years later i bumped into him at church and recognized him. Thats when eventually he told me. After i told him about nigerian scammers trying to scam me but i reverse baited them, His money was gone though and i tried to bait them. Unsuccessful.. Its all greed. I had another friends father who was murder in nigeria for this scam. They are notorious criminals, heartless b@stards. ppl hear about huge quantities of money and they go nuts. first one sends 100 bucks, then you already in the hole for 100, so why not send another 500 when requested. eventually they sending thousands. Its like gambling trying to chase that huge inheritance money that does not exist.

I have gotten oil paintings from these scammers. and portraits of myself. Reverse bait them and waste their time.

NOTE!!! NSFW!

Sent the LAD this picture of me, his first attempt!

[IMG][/IMG]

the Lad with finish product,

[IMG][/IMG]
    this was so horrible, I slapped that LAD and told him to do another one..

This is what i received.

[IMG][/IMG]

He signed in in Sharpie marker. So i said not acceptable. So slapped him and toldhim must do it again. with a different picture.

So 2nd attempt i sent him this

[IMG][/IMG]

and he did this.

[IMG][/IMG]

Then he ships it with DHL
    [IMG][/IMG]

and the pencil shading version.

[IMG][/IMG]

in total these LADS have done close to a dozen paintings and portraits.
    Last edited by drfunkmaster; 03-02-15 at 01:37 PM.

captrobey

I still feel a bit sorry for them but i do agree this is not like a new scam this Nigerian Crap has been going on forever. I cannot believe there are actually people that do not now about them or are that gullible to fall that badly for them. I like to return e-mails to the ones that send e-mails saying you are going to be rich. One was a lady that said she was dying and very Catholic and wanted me to take her 4 Million Dollars , keep a Million myself and give the rest to those that deserved it in her name. I e-mailed back although i could really use the money i did not feel comfortable in taking it because i worshiped Satan. I still got a couple more e-mails telling me how happy she was i was taking the money and all this other crap.

jtoler

What are the paintings for?

drfunkmaster
    printing it

What are the paintings for?
    its part of my character , part of scam baiting... Scammer thinks he is gonna get paid thousands of dollars.

Watch this.

jtoler

its part of my character , part of scam baiting... Scammer thinks he is gonna get paid thousands of dollars.

Watch this.
    So they wanted money from you and you told them youd give it to them if they painted a picture you liked or what, Id like to hear the story if you dont mind sharing. This was tried on me in the late 90's online, didnt fall for it, butI wish I had thought of something to get back at them at the time.

drfunkmaster
    printing it

So they wanted money from you and you told them youd give it to them if they painted a picture you liked or what, Id like to hear the story if you dont mind sharing. This was tried on me in the late 90's online, didnt fall for it, butI wish I had thought of something to get back at them at the time.
    LOL...no they did not just want money. They wanted me to send money to them and my info so they can release an inheritance fee. I said to them as my scripted email response, thank you for emailing our scholarship distribution department. Please take a look at the brochure, (here i talk about artists and artwork, and if one is interested they should visit our website, Also i have created a website to waste their time) eventually they get interested. Its like hooking them, hook line and sinker. But then they start asking for money again to get supplies and so forth, and then we would say we cannot send any money . Its like applying to a university, you have to send a application fee. In this case its an piece of original artwork. And the art they are doing is commissioned y other clients.So clients arepaying us and we go and find the artists. So they go spend days on painting thinking they gonna get an art scholarship. Which the committee will grade. Eventually they start asking for money to ship it. again we dont send a penny. So they send via DHL. One guy spent $300 to ship a painting. He put the canvas on a giant plywood. Its not a border frame. Then he went and added a gold frame around the entire thing. It weighs alot. and when we get it we tell them its not to par and so forth and make him do another one. I got one guy to send 2 shipments.

There are variations, there is a guy i know who only wants to help these scammers if they get a Tattoo done, and the scambaiter belongs to a church called TWAT and he only helps people who join the church. So scammer fills out application as he thinks that all that is required. Eventually the so called church Asks him that to become a full member he has to get a tattoo, that says "i am a twat" something ridiculous. and the scammer will go get a tattoo done.

We just occupy their time and make them look foolish.

remeber do not fall for these. No matter what. My good friend lost 180k, and my friend lost her father when he was killed by these scumbags.. Remeber These scammers emailed me to scam me, I did not email them. I just send a simple scripted response. if they bite then good if not i dont care. So they deserve everything that is coming to them.

jtoler

LOL...no they did not just want money. They wanted me to send money to them and my info so they can release an inheritance fee. I said to them as my scripted email response, thank you for emailing our scholarship distribution department. Please take a look at the brochure, (here i talk about artists and artwork, and if one is interested they should visit our website, Also i have created a website to waste their time) eventually they get interested. Its like hooking them, hook line and sinker. But then they start asking for money again to get supplies and so forth, and then we would say we cannot send any money . Its like applying to a university, you have to send a application fee. In this case its an piece of original artwork. And the art they are doing is commissioned y other clients.So clients arepaying us and we go and find the artists. So they go spend days on painting thinking they gonna get an art scholarship. Which the committee will grade. Eventually they start asking for money to ship it. again we dont send a penny. So they send via DHL. One guy spent $300 to ship a painting. He put the canvas on a giant plywood. Its not a border frame. Then he went and added a gold frame around the entire thing. It weighs alot. and when we get it we tell them its not to par and so forth and make him do another one. I got one guy to send 2 shipments.

There are variations, there is a guy i know who only wants to help these scammers if they get a Tattoo done, and the scambaiter belongs to a church called TWAT and he only helps people who join the church. So scammer fills out application as he thinks that all that is required. Eventually the so called church Asks him that to become a full member he has to get a tattoo, that says "i am a twat" something ridiculous. and the scammer will go get a tattoo done.

We just occupy their time and make them look foolish.

remeber do not fall for these. No matter what. My good friend lost 180k, and my friend lost her father when he was killed by these scumbags.. Remeber These scammers emailed me to scam me, I did not email them. I just send a simple scripted response. if they bite then good if not i dont care. So they deserve everything that is coming to them.

Thanks for the story, wow. Its good to see them get a dose of their own medicine, would be nice to get multiple thousands out of them some kind of way since they are getting that from others, wonder how the prosecution is over there, if they actively try and arrest them. Good stuff my man, good stuff.