Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

2,500 Year Old Jewish Tablets Discovered in Iraq

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

WOW..interesting....nice..Did I say interesting...VERY interesting....imagine having the $$ and being born early enough to go around and figure this shit out.....awesome..
    Last edited by PaperTrail07; 03-02-15 at 02:28 PM.

recon1
    Yep

It is nothing less than proof

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Good post recon...

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Yawn.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy P View Post
    Yawn.
    What's the matter Swaggy? Don't BELIEVE in higher power? Not working the steps but giving advice about gambling?

Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Whoa...well, I guess that settles the question of "Were there Jews 2,500 years ago?" once and for all! Take that non-believers!

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I guess this part is for those who need another " source " then the Bible itself....

Now for the first time, one hundred and ten, 2,500 year old Babylonian tablets have been discovered in Iraq which provide a glimpse of Jewish life in Babylonian exile. Put simply, the tablets corroborate the Biblical tale. They describe a town called Al-Yahudu i.e., "the village of the Jews", by the river Chebar, mentioned in Ezekiel 1:1. They also attest to Judaic names such as "Gedalyahu", "Hanan", "Dana", "Shaltiel" and a man with the same name as Israel's current Prime Minister, "Netanyahu". The "yahu" ending to these names is called "theophoric", meaning, they attest to a belief in the God of the Torah, by including part of God's name in people's personal names. The tablets also record everyday business transactions and witness to the Jewish return to Jerusalem (Nehemiah 6:15-16), as commemorated in personal names such as "Yashuv Zadik", meaning, "the righteous shall return [to Zion]".
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: recon1

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    Whoa...well, I guess that settles the question of "Were there Jews 2,500 years ago?" once and for all! Take that non-believers!
    Tripper, it's verification .... In hebrew

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Tripper, it's verification .... In hebrew
    Well sure, I suppose it also proves that they spoke Hebrew back then...

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    What's the matter Swaggy? Don't BELIEVE in higher power?
    It's completely irrelevant. There is absolutely no way of finding out until the time comes and I'm not the one to take things on blind faith. I consider myself an agnostic but lean a little bit more towards the atheist side.

Not working the steps but giving advice about gambling?
    LOL needing "god" or a "higher power" in order to quit gambling is for the weaklings which makes up the vast majority of addicts. I never ever had the need for that in my recovery. Speak for yourself.
    Last edited by Swaggy P; 03-03-15 at 12:02 AM.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

#swag4jesus

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post

Most areas have night courses that teach reading comprehension. Might be a good time to check into one of those classes.

recon1
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    I guess this part is for those who need another " source " then the Bible itself....

Now for the first time, one hundred and ten, 2,500 year old Babylonian tablets have been discovered in Iraq which provide a glimpse of Jewish life in Babylonian exile. Put simply, the tablets corroborate the Biblical tale. They describe a town called Al-Yahudu i.e., "the village of the Jews", by the river Chebar, mentioned in Ezekiel 1:1. They also attest to Judaic names such as "Gedalyahu", "Hanan", "Dana", "Shaltiel" and a man with the same name as Israel's current Prime Minister, "Netanyahu". The "yahu" ending to these names is called "theophoric", meaning, they attest to a belief in the God of the Torah, by including part of God's name in people's personal names. The tablets also record everyday business transactions and witness to the Jewish return to Jerusalem (Nehemiah 6:15-16), as commemorated in personal names such as "Yashuv Zadik", meaning, "the righteous shall return [to Zion]".
    Amen Brother

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Triple_D_Bet

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    Most areas have night courses that teach reading comprehension. Might be a good time to check into one of those classes.
    I'd imagine my ability to read an article and correctly conclude it doesn't say anything other than what it says qualifies me to teach that class. Let's get crazy and assume you're somehow right though; care to explain what exactly it is that you don't think I read?

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
    It is nothing less than proof
    proof of what, exactly?

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24926

In a related story, 2500 year old Jewish tablets were also discovered in Billy Crystal's medicine cabinet... ZING!!!

Huh? Anything?

Amiright or amiright?