Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Anybody have any good Phone Sales/ Cold Calling tips????

I feel like that dude from that show money talks only he is successful at sales.

I have a gambling problem ... okay a ( Losing Problem) so i need to make some money today so i can reload and release.

Aight so give me some tips.

I know some of you guys have either made cold calls in the past or do it currently.

So here is the deal.. what i do is completely over the phone (ideally a 1 call close)

but whats the best technique to establish urgency and be polite at the same time. I can get these people interested but closing the deal seems to be the problem.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Depends on what you are selling...more importantly trying to sucker someone into buying

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

selling advertising space

i can set my own prices and this is where its gets tricky. I make more commission on larger spaces and obviously the ones i sell for more money. So its kinda a catch 22 .. do i go for the high percentage sale and try to sell more quantity or do i keep trying for the home run?

i guess the story of my week so far has been going for the home run. (Both in betting and in selling)

i keep going for parlays and trying to sell huge spaces and i have been jacking up my price so that i would potentially make more commission

maybe i just answered my own question

i think my solution is small single bets and sell these ads cheap so that i can sell more frequently.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Did you find religion, have you seen the light, you seem different. Sales, my friend is based on TRUST and rapport. Starting point is one's own CHARACTER and INTEGRITY AND BEING AUTHENTIC! People see thru bullshit and self serving attitude and one's own personal agenda. It's all about solving a problem and fulfilling a need and doing WHAT's BEST FOR THE CUSTOMER and treat the customer with respect and offer VALUE and ESTABLISH a relationship that you are there TRUSTED ADVISOR. Which means you have a lot of work to do!
    Have to work on one's self and have the right mind and INTENTIONS.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevenash

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Good points boomer

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

numbers game. call at least 60 people a day. mb figure out a way to get better/fresher contacts in your database if possible

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Dont let the phone go back on its system. Keep dialing.

13th Inning
    13th Inning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2282

Everything you need to know is right here..

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    numbers game. call at least 60 people a day. mb figure out a way to get better/fresher contacts in your database if possible
    i used to do 75 outbound

somebody get bear a new phone book

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I feel like that dude from that show money talks only he is successful at sales.

I have a gambling problem ... okay a ( Losing Problem) so i need to make some money today so i can reload and release.

Aight so give me some tips.

I know some of you guys have either made cold calls in the past or do it currently.

So here is the deal.. what i do is completely over the phone (ideally a 1 call close)

but whats the best technique to establish urgency and be polite at the same time. I can get these people interested but closing the deal seems to be the problem.
    Tough way to make a living..........get your paper route back.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

go read every "ebe" thread, do the opposite of everything this fckhead says

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    hey!!! the calls he's already making from his "contacts" cost him $6.99 per minute; he makes 55 more of them per day, he'll be farther in debt in a week than donald trump ever was in his worst years...

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Inning View Post

hilarious!!!!!

cocaine is one hell of a drug!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

He is like i want anal and unprotected regular sex too

and i want to kiss too!

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Inning View Post

That is an all time top 5 JJ video. No matter how many times I see it, I still die laughing.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

cold calling is rude and desperate.
    do you really have sales skills ?
    i did phone sales for infomercials for about 5 years.
    the company attached extras and affinities we had to offer
    which turned many people off. luckily the base sales were enough to keep
    me going, but remember.. these people had already made up their mind that
    they wanted the product enough to pick up the phone themselves and call.
    that is a far cry from cold calling.
    moreover, i only did it to work from home. when i did floor sales at a
    pool/patio company i made 3 times as much as that.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

cold calling people at home is rude.

calling a business trying to help them expand their business is not rude in fact its doing them a favor.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

very interesting take on the famous interview technique "sell me this pen"

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Man that's a tough racket I did it for almost 5 years. Started when I was about 17 and it was my 1st real job pretty much. Sold nothing but shit like *********** protection, accidental death/dismemberment insurance , etc. I never experienced selling anything while cold calling that wasn't useless shit. Made decent $ for a kid tho I was making around $8/9 an hr between hourly/commission but it beat wearing a paper hat saying may I take your order please for $5.25 lol

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

would you guys say that the longer you can draw out a phone without the person hanging up on you the more likely you are make the sale?

whats the best rebutal if someone says they have already maxed out their adverising budget or they say they can't afford it?

just start auctionjng it off until they say yes or what?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

would you guys say that the longer you can draw out a phone without the person hanging up on you the more likely you are make the sale?

whats the best rebutal if someone says they have already maxed out their adverising budget or they say they can't afford it?

just start auctionjng it off until they say yes or what?
    Thats an opportunity to collect a well qualified lead for the future. Ask when they will have a new budget or be planning their next campaign and tell them you will call back then and get off the phone asap. That second call in the future will be a LOT easier to make a sale on.

Don't just try to keep people talking as long as possible. The opposite is almost what you need to do. Qualify fast and don't waste their time or yours.

As far as "cant afford it"... same thing, qualify what they mean. Cant afford now, business isnt big enough etc etc and ask stuff like 'if your ad spend of X dollars could bring in X dollars in revenue would it be worth it?'. If you keep hitting objections... get off the phone and try the next person.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

First, read Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale. When calling, stand up, keep most of your weight on one leg. Match your tone and energy level to the person you are speaking with, and make yours slightly more energetic than theirs. Use voice inflection, stay animated, but not fake. Be as genuine and sincere as possible.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by grease lightnin View Post
    First, read Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale. When calling, stand up, keep most of your weight on one leg. Match your tone and energy level to the person you are speaking with, and make yours slightly more energetic than theirs. Use voice inflection, stay animated, but not fake. Be as genuine and sincere as possible.
    thanks grease.

Its the overcoming objections part i cant figure out.

as soon as they say no or i cant afford it i have been letting them off the phone.

i need to keep them on the line until they either buy or die like in wolf of wall street

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i am too nice as soon as they say not interested or cant afford it i'm like ok have a nice day but that shit aint making me any money

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

and sometimes i be fumbling over my words and stuttering when i get nervous/ anxious so i have been popping xanax all day trying to stay relaxed but i need to make 3 sales today or i am quitting this job bc its commission only and i havent made a paycheck in 3 weeks

its tough bc they dont know me and i basically have to get their *********** # within 1 minute of talking to them

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

cold calling people at home is rude.

calling a business trying to help them expand their business is not rude in fact its doing them a favor.
    it's still cold calling. unless a business inquired for more info on said product/advertising, they don't want to be bothered anymore than a person sitting at home eating and watching TV.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    it's still cold calling. unless a business inquired for more info on said product/advertising, they don't want to be bothered anymore than a person sitting at home eating and watching TV.
    well that may be true but here is the thing...

i need to get a paycheck.

I have got to get 4 sales today or i dont get paid.

Any tips?

I want to go sell cars next but i gotta get this paycheck today i have been working the last 3 weeks and still no paycheck.

how effective are deadlines do u think?

ive got like companies who have verbally agreed to buy over the phone but they have not sent me a signed agreement with payment ....

should i tell them if they dont have their stuff sent in by 5pm today then i will just call them next year?

i know people dont like to be strong armed and if i do this i may piss them off but fact of the matter is i dont get paid until they pay my company

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

i just want to know what works regardless of how rude or unproffesional it may be.

i gotta do whatever it takes bc i am about to get evicted if i dont pay my rent lol

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10662

I have done tons of Telemarketing in the past. At one point i was put in charge of a telemarketing room because i broke all their records. But after doing it for years you kind of get burnt out. I have sold Coffee machines for businesses, Frozen food, insurance, etc...

I do agree with the post above selling a home versus a business is different. Businesses will give you a little more leeway . There used to be business books that listed all the different managers . I looked for the specific manager of the Department that made the decisions on what i was selling. Then i call that person directly. The best advice i can give though is whatever you are selling or pushing -never sound like a script. Sounding like one turns people off instantly.

If you are talking to someone at home it is a bit harder. They do not like wasting their time. So use that to your advantage. When i would sell the frozen foods i would tell someone "Look, i know you are busy- But i really do feel this product is truly great. Give me 60 seconds. If i cannot convince you in 60 seconds i will never bother you again."

You would be amazed at how many people gave me that and i would get them because the spiel i gave in that 60 seconds caught their interest. There were a few people that got angry when the rep showed up because they liked talking to me and thought it was going to be me coming out to see them.

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

is he serious with that rug? if so... funny shit. no wonder he couldn't get any pussy. should'a called morrie.