captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10614

Irs scam

Anyone else deal with this? I have been called now 9 times . Sometimes it is an automated robotic message which actually sounds authentic from IRS. The first time i called the number up some Indian guy who can barely speak English tried telling me he was with IRS . They try to intimidate you by telling you if you hang up they will have an arrest warrant on you and send police to your door. I told the guy originally "You can barely speak English and you want me to believe you are with the IRS ?" So i hung up on him.

But they keep calling and leaving "this is your final warning " now last 5 times or so. I have filed a complaint with IRS twice and even the FBI once too not that it can stop them.

Anyone else have to deal with these low-life Indian scamming POS.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

I use to get those, but now I get a lot of fake Wells Fargo texts and phone calls.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Whenever I get a missed call from an area code I don't know or a toll free number it gets the immediate block. If something funky is really going on, they won't try and get ahold of you 10X thru the telephone, they will send some good old snail mail.

Granted, this did backfire on me, ebay got me good.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Be careful it could be Broke Landers

neckbone
    neckbone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

Same lame ass scam happened to me about a month ago, some jackass calls my grandma of all people looking for me, saying they were law enforcement and collecting for the IRS - they wanted me to call them back, which I never did. For some reason they seem to always use Washington D.C. area codes. I looked the number up and there are quite a few people getting these retarded calls. Ignore this Sht.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

The IRS never calls.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    I use to get those, but now I get a lot of fake Wells Fargo texts and phone calls.
    I never got a phone call from them but i have gotten Wells Fargo fake E-mails

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Whenever I get a missed call from an area code I don't know or a toll free number it gets the immediate block. If something funky is really going on, they won't try and get ahold of you 10X thru the telephone, they will send some good old snail mail.

Granted, this did backfire on me, ebay got me good.
    The only time i called back was when they called the first time. And only because they used an automated message that actually sounds very authentic. Once i called and got the Indian guy on the phone i knew it was a scam.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by YorkHunt View Post
    Be careful it could be Broke Landers
    I Brock is an Indian Person maybe.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by neckbone View Post
    Same lame ass scam happened to me about a month ago, some jackass calls my grandma of all people looking for me, saying they were law enforcement and collecting for the IRS - they wanted me to call them back, which I never did. For some reason they seem to always use Washington D.C. area codes. I looked the number up and there are quite a few people getting these retarded calls. Ignore this Sht.
    Yes the area code is Washington DC . It is a 202-657-6612 number. I looked online there are a ton of people who have been called like you say. On Youtube you can find some funny stuff on People calling up to mess with them knowing they are scammers. The best one were these 2 guys that kept passing the phone back and forth. At one point they want you to stay on the cellphone with them and go to get a Pre-Paid Green dot card to send them cash. These guys acted like they were going but it was illegal to talk on the phone so once they got to the store and got the card they would talk to them on the phone again. They basically just put the Indian guy on hold and putzed around for 45 minutes then came back on laughing at him. Basically scamming the scammer. The Indian guy was pissed it was pretty funny.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

I started getting tons of stuff like this after I attended the SBR Bash in Punta Cana... Thanks a lot SBR!

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    The IRS never calls.
    Yea i know but the original message does sound authentic. If they did not have Indians answering the phone i think they would get a lot more people.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

IRS SCAM, oh you mean OBAMA CARE?

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    I started getting tons of stuff like this after I attended the SBR Bash in Punta Cana... Thanks a lot SBR!
    That is weird i can see getting stuff like Book deals like Bonus stuff but Irs stuff that is weird.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by the_orangekat View Post
    IRS SCAM, oh you mean OBAMA CARE?
    No lol Irs scam comes from India the Exchanges Under 65 stuff is just a waste of time and pays brokers like me next to nothing to do them for people.

bookies_rapist
    $$$
    bookies_rapist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I used to work with Indian in IT department. They smell like shitt. I hate their fvcking accent. I got a few calls from them last week. Below is the link other people complaint about the call.

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-703-828-0306

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by bookies_rapist View Post
    I used to work with Indian in IT department. They smell like shitt. I hate their fvcking accent. I got a few calls from them last week. Below is the link other people complaint about the call.

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-703-828-0306
    I have had a couple appointments with them i basically do not want to help them because they are difficult to work with, basically rude as hell. And yes i do know what you mean about the smell thing.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10564

Got a call similar about 20 years ago. We got into a shouting match. I told him to hold while I got my tax records.
    He was gone when I got back to the phone.

I screwed up my Fed taxes one time. They never called, it was all postal.

dogkatcher
    dogkatcher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23657

Got the call this morning, she could barely speak English,
    guess I'll wait by the door for them to come take me away,
    maybe Obama will do it himself.