recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    What about West Virginia?
    Andy, that is a good-point. I do have a bit of social insight how those numbers could be skewed or not measured.

WV and those type areas have a very large blue-collar population that does not favor education after HS, but these types may not be capable of forming a complete written sentence, but will be able to breakdown a transmission and rebuild it, plant an entire field of crop and it will grow, fix just about anything.
    Whereas in large black populated areas the motivation just isn't present at all.

It is what it is

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    easy explanation..... it's a religous "backlash" of sorts from having to live next to those polygamous nuts in utah........

so 1.4% of utah's current population caused a backlash?
    you watch too much tv. Mormons quit polygamy in 1890 and if you look at most families from 1852-1890 the large families were a good source of labor force to work the land and provide a living.

the flds and people seen on tv now practicing polygamy are not affiliated with the Mormons nor do they have a need for such large families as they are not working the land.
    Last edited by innovation; 02-22-15 at 02:55 PM.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1696

You left out the fact that gallup is a known liberal democrat poll... try again.

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    Ah, but I KNOW THE TRUTH!
    Or your version of it...

Just like every other religious nut has their own version of truth...

Get a grip or start taking meds for your delusional beliefs...

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

The American Elite will always need the masses to buy their shit, fight in their wars and believe in their god

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

And this is statistics?? The uneducated commenting on the educated! LMAO
    not following because you arent making any sense... the statistical info for the map is explained... you are the only one who seems to have an issue with anything else... the info on the poor and black states that are relevant to the map are plain are in front of your face, as well... i dont see the issue... you should stop trying so hard... its not helping

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    not following because you arent making any sense... the statistical info for the map is explained... you are the only one who seems to have an issue with anything else... the info on the poor and black states that are relevant to the map are plain are in front of your face, as well... i dont see the issue... you should stop trying so hard... its not helping
    You're from Tennessee , that explains HOW YOU SEE THE WORLD, can't argue with you. And you are racial, by your views and yes there is a GOD.

boomer62

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Or your version of it...

Just like every other religious nut has their own version of truth...

Get a grip or start taking meds for your delusional beliefs...
    Not a religious nut, we all have free choice. You just have a distorted view, not me. I have my own beliefs and could give a shit about yours. I'm spiritual and all about the universe, don't believe in most churches and what they teach. But we all have a DIVINE NATURE!

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Some people as shown here are so hellbent on shoving each other's religious or non religious beliefs down each other's throats. Why do you have a need for others to agree with your view point so badly? At the end up the day the constitution guarantees freedom of religion so people will believe in whatever the fukk they want to. Learn to accept that and move the fukk on.

Last edited by Swaggy P; 02-22-15 at 08:01 PM.

boomer62

Actually, I try never to argue religion or people's beliefs, totally pointless. So, who you like tonight Swaggy? Got any opinion on tonight's NBA games?

Swaggy P
    Swaggy P's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Actually, I try never to argue religion or people's beliefs, totally pointless. So, who you like tonight Swaggy? Got any opinion on tonight's NBA games?
    Very pointless indeed.

As for my opinion on NBA games? I don't bet anymore. Used to be an addict but have stopped cold turkey and its been almost a year now. I am very proud of myself.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy P View Post
    Some people as shown here are so hellbent on shoving each other's religious or non religious beliefs down each other's throats. Why do you have a need for others to agree with your view point so badly? At the end up the day the constitution guarantees freedom of religion so people will believe in whatever the fukk they want to. Learn to accept that and move the fukk on.

If it stayed at home - no disagreement.

When these religious NUTS (not all - some very nice religious people, even in here) want to start trojan horsing their specific religion into public schools, or politicians want to cater to one religion over another - then yeah, there's a big issue worth speaking out on.

The idea of a belief in some fantasy being superseding the rights of an individual (ie: pharmacist doesn't want to fill certain Rx because it's against his religious beliefs...or a city bus driver doesn't want gay people on their bus) - is insanity.

I should clarify - the part about wanting to discriminate against someone is not the insane part. The part where we allow people to discriminate based on religion, that's the insane part
    Last edited by muldoon; 02-22-15 at 09:23 PM.

boomer62

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggy P View Post
    Very pointless indeed.

As for my opinion on NBA games? I don't bet anymore. Used to be an addict but have stopped cold turkey and its been almost a year now. I am very proud of myself.
    Congrats and the best to you! But why you come on here and expose yourself to the darkness? Free your mind

raydog

You're from Tennessee , that explains HOW YOU SEE THE WORLD, can't argue with you. And you are racial, by your views and yes there is a GOD.
    says a 5000yr old book , full of impossible feats, that have never been performed since the book was conceived ... faith is not proof... again, you are foolishly trying too hard to prove something that is quite ridiculous

ill be in the other thread if you have some sort of proof for me... 2 gullible god threads is too many
    Last edited by raydog; 02-22-15 at 09:27 PM.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Always love the double standard:
    Poor uneducated white people..."different breed of whiteys whose families have lived in the mountains for generations...different way of life/culture".
    Poor uneducated black people..."they are given every opportunity as other races and, as a whole, still refuse to take advantage...it troubling, to say the least".

When a white person penetrates up, they get separated out. When a black person penetrates up, somehow they represent all of us.
    What you have to do is take the poor uneducated white folk, and take the poor uneducated black folk, sit them down with professionals and figure out what is wrong and try to correct it.

Could be as simple as the black child has trouble seeing, therefore hindering his reading ability, could be solved as easily as a pair of glasses.

The white child could be hyperactive, could have ADD, could be solved with a prescripiton.

However, you can't cure lazy.

boomer62

says a 5000yr old book , full of impossible feats, that have never been performed since the book was conceived ... faith is not proof... again, you are foolishly trying too hard to prove something that is quite ridiculous

ill be in the other thread if you have some sort of proof for me... 2 gullible god threads is too many
    Not talking about the book, shhhh it's the bible, talking about your view of the country,blacks,the uneducated, the LENSES YOU WEAR and your perceptions and how things are. Things are the way that occur in your world and how you are "Being" because your beingness is the world you CREATE"!

raydog

again, my "view" isnt just an educated opinion... there are statistical facts that prove everything i post... stop being ignorant to the facts because they arent your opinion...

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

again, my "view" isnt just an educated opinion... there are statistical facts that prove everything i post... stop being ignorant to the facts because they arent your opinion...
    Sure it is, it's a guess... Evolution is falling apart as time goes on...
    Here's a good article, but maybe for the other thread ? Though it is about education, so it will fit here well :-).

http://americanvision.org/5653/more-...falling-apart/
    Atheists argue that they’re all about reason, logic, and rational argumentation. In fact, they had a big “Reason Rally” in Washington proclaiming these bedrock atheistic principles. Atheists extend their paradigm by claiming that if you are not an atheist and do not believe in evolution then you are anti-science. They seem to forget that some of the world’s greatest scientists were Christians – from Isaac Newton and Robert Boyle to Johann Kepler to Michael Faraday and a whole lot more in between.

raydog

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Sure it is, it's a guess... Evolution is falling apart as time goes on...
    Here's a good article, but maybe for the other thread ? Though it is about education, so it will fit here well :-).

http://americanvision.org/5653/more-...falling-apart/
    Atheists argue that they’re all about reason, logic, and rational argumentation. In fact, they had a big “Reason Rally” in Washington proclaiming these bedrock atheistic principles. Atheists extend their paradigm by claiming that if you are not an atheist and do not believe in evolution then you are anti-science. They seem to forget that some of the world’s greatest scientists were Christians – from Isaac Newton and Robert Boyle to Johann Kepler to Michael Faraday and a whole lot more in between.
    the thread went in 2 different directions.. my fault.. the post you quoted wasnt aimed at the belief in god/bible part of the thread.. it concerned the statistical facts found on states on the op's map.. the states that have correlated church goers/uneducated/black ... boomer wants to ignore the facts that these 3 are all related in the south ... they are a round robin together... he needs to retake a 5th grade level course on Logic.

Woody
    Woody's Avatar Become A Pro!

The biggest flaw in the chart is the broad definition of "Church". A church can be a viewed as any group of people worshiping the god of their choice or lack of god of their choice.

There is only one living God. That is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. That God says John 3:3 " I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." ( Accepts my Son Jesus by faith as one's personal Savior)

We are all gamblers, your eternal destination will be either in Heaven or Hell. Everyone on this board is making the ultimate bet. They either side with the House ( Jesus is Lord) or with the Public ( Jesus is not Lord). Payment or Reward due at death.

The chart lists Utah with southern states. The Mormon Church worships a different Jesus than the Jesus of the Bible.

raydog

we all understand the differences in the mormon religion and other (cath/bap/meth/etc.) religions..

any and all religions that attend a church, in every state, is what we are led to believe the map takes into account

no offense, this was pretty obvious, i thought .. i dont see any major flaw in the map ... they assume their #s can be 3-6% off, due to the limited amount of people poled and i find that assumption to be the main flaw ...
    Last edited by raydog; 02-23-15 at 09:15 AM.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    They seem to forget that some of the world’s greatest scientists were Christians – from Isaac Newton and Robert Boyle to Johann Kepler to Michael Faraday and a whole lot more in between.
    Being raised a Christian and living in a time where expressing a different belief (or non belief) would have cost them potentially everything from their families to their work, it's not hard to imagine that they were practicing Christians.

In fact, it potentially hurt some of the greatest minds since many of the great early thinkers were reluctant to even hypothesize about certain aspects of existence for fear of offending the religiously taught beliefs.

A good example is Galileo. He was a Christian, but was unique in that he was brave enough to extol a theory which challenged long held church taught beliefs. Entirely conceivable others had the same theory but did not want to risk losing everything over a theory which in day to day matters - made little difference to most peoples lives.
    Last edited by muldoon; 02-23-15 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Typo

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    The biggest flaw in the chart is the broad definition of "Church". A church can be a viewed as any group of people worshiping the god of their choice or lack of god of their choice.

There is only one living God. That is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. That God says John 3:3 " I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." ( Accepts my Son Jesus by faith as one's personal Savior)

We are all gamblers, your eternal destination will be either in Heaven or Hell. Everyone on this board is making the ultimate bet. They either side with the House ( Jesus is Lord) or with the Public ( Jesus is not Lord). Payment or Reward due at death.

The chart lists Utah with southern states. The Mormon Church worships a different Jesus than the Jesus of the Bible.
    It's not a bet woody, this is a sure thing. This may seem like a bet to the unsaved, but once conscience God reveals Himself in different ways. There's no doubt in my mind that Yahshua Christ is real, and that He is the Messiah of mankind. All it takes is faith small as a mustard seed, and He will strengthen that faith as big as the earth itself.

Oh yeah, I haven't been to a church in a year or two. The last one I went to, I was giving a lot " like 20-40 " every time I walked through the door. I was a babe in Christ, and felt it necessary to give until one of the church leaders, stepped up to the pit and said " thank you for giving, this money is going towards our beach and fishing retreats ". I was done.... I'm still looking for a different church though, most with boards of elders and 5013C tax exempt " are connected to gov " and are restricted in some ways, so they are connected .., church and state... Just saying

Woody
    Woody's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brainfreeze- Where did you get the picture on your avatar? It looks like a picture I recall seeing in the book of Mormon. I may be wrong. Additionally, where did you get the term Yahshua Christ? I am also not sure what a babe in Christ means. By your statements, I can see that you never visited a Bible believing church. Feel free to PM me the city where you live. I would be happy to located a church that preaches the word of God.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Brainfreeze- Where did you get the picture on your avatar? It looks like a picture I recall seeing in the book of Mormon. I may be wrong. Additionally, where did you get the term Yahshua Christ? I am also not sure what a babe in Christ means. By your statements, I can see that you never visited a Bible believing church. Feel free to PM me the city where you live. I would be happy to located a church that preaches the word of God.
    That image is young David defeating " Goliath " the giant... Has nothing to do with mormons, Yahshua means ( God/Yah -saves/shua ) YAHWEH is in your Bible... Also words like HallaluYAH means praise God... and I've been to a camp of folks that were very bible believing ... It's that your everyday churches are not on par with that... A babe in Christ means your new to being reborn in Christ and no thanks, I let the Spirit guide me on finding my next church.. Thank you anyway

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

You don't have to "give" when going to church brain, but "giving" supports the preachers salary, building fund,
    mortgage and donations to the areas needy.

The church satisfies a need to socialize, have friends and do good for the community. A sense of purpose in life.
    It can be good for a business if you have one.

Now, my reasons for not going to church. I was made to go to church until I was 18. I was an introvert, the church would volunteer me for shit I didn't want to do. Usher, youth fellowship Pres, etc. I had to go to church every Sun. Come the holidays, the place would be packed, standing room only. I looked around and thought look at all these hypocrites.

Haven't set foot in a church for a normal service since then. I worship in my own way, off the cuff, not just on Sundays. I let my actions speak volumes w/o having to show my faith amongst my piers in an enclosed setting.

First 12