AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

Anyone see "History of the Eagles" on Netflix?

I really enjoyed the great music and the never seen videos from the 70's.

I never knew:

1. The Eagles Greatest Hits was the biggest selling album in the 20th Century. That will never be broken, since we are in the 21rst Century! I would have thought the Beatles or Elvis.
    2. Glenn Frey started with Bob Seger
    3. Glenn Frey and Don Henley played backup for Linda Ronstadt
    4. Glenn Frey named the "Eagles" when they were high on peyote in the desert

I would recommend watching it for music lovers.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I was actually going to watch that a few days ago, but it was like 3+ hours long. And I love the Eagles music, but I don't know if I love them that much. I'll watch it eventually, maybe tomorrow. Did the Beatles actually have a "Greatest Hits" album during their time together? I think the Eagles greatest hits sold so well because it was released in only like a 5 year span. That CD was one of my first CD purchases from BMG back in the day. There were no Beatles CDs available then to get on a service like BMG or Columbia House and I think I remember reading that those counted towards sales even though they were like a penny.
    Last edited by Kermit; 02-20-15 at 11:26 PM.

AchillesTG
    AchillesTG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6000

Yes, it is 3hrs long. Part one is 1.5 hrs and by far the best. It takes a couple of sittings to watch the entire thing.

***There is a great story about Joe Walsh and John Belushi going to dinner and trashing a hotel room***

Joe Walsh was an interesting couple of guys, LOL!
    Last edited by AchillesTG; 02-21-15 at 12:01 AM.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I like the Eagles, but it should be noted that the Eagles Greatest Hits is only the best selling album in America in the 20th Century...counting some 26 million Albums. Worldwide they did sell 40 million, but Michael Jackson's thriller sold something like 46 million copies.

I think the Eagles overtook Michael Jackson in like 1999. Thriller was #1 in America until then.

Some other good facts though, thanks Achilles I will look for it on Netflix.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

It was great. Also interesting that Don Henley got started with Kenny Rogers by just going up to him and asking him to come see his band and Rogers decided to show up. The feud between Frey and Felder was pretty wild, including on stage back and forths.