View Poll Results: POLL: Do you think lie more or less than the average person?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • More

5 21.74%
  • Less

13 56.52%
  • About the same

5 21.74%
    JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3340

POLL: Do you think lie more or less than the average person?

It should read.... Do you think YOU lie more or less than the average person? This is not a public poll so... be honest!
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 02-19-15 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Forgot a word

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1399

You might get better responses if your question made a little bit more sense grammatically

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerhead View Post
    You might get better responses if your question made a little bit more sense grammatically
    Yeah... I noticed that after I submitted it.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

If a lot of people lie, how will you trust the poll results?

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1399

Its hard to quantify how much an average person lies, what do you compare yourself to? whats the benchmark?

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25806

Galter, your polls always get me thinking.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

More

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
    If a lot of people lie, how will you trust the poll results?
    That's the paradox of the poll I suppose. For instance... if I say... "this sentence is false" is that true or false? Or how about... "Everything I say is a lie" is it true or false?

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3816

diff more, especially in public. "how's ur food or how's the service?" from me it always "excellent or great". or " how u doing today? ", from me, no matter how shitty I feel I'm always " great, or fine". I just generally try to to avoid small talk cause I dislike people in general.

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

I chose "about the same". A wise man once told me "it's not your word, it's who you give it to". There's times & situations where telling the truth could get you into more trouble, right?

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    diff more, especially in public. "how's ur food or how's the service?" from me it always "excellent or great". or " how u doing today? ", from me, no matter how shitty I feel I'm always " great, or fine". I just generally try to to avoid small talk cause I dislike people in general.
    Great post. I'm the same way. Just the other day I was getting my hair cut and the woman cutting my hair must have asked me 85 personal questions in 15 minutes. I felt like I was at a job interview for a job I didn't want to get. It made me want to open up a hair salon where asking personal questions are banned.

I realize strangers are just trying to be nice when they ask you "how are you doing today?" but even if my entire family was killed in a plane crash just a few hours earlier I would still likely tell them "I'm doing good". Casual chit chat with strangers definitely increases my lying.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I think a good question would of been...

Do you believe an individual lies more... or lies less than the law of averages?

I would of said MORE.

The number one thing I come across in life and in the business world... is what people say they make for a yearly income. Not that I really care anyways what a person makes... but it's so obviously false it makes me laugh. Why must people say they make more than someone else? Some psychologist claims the average person says they make 20% more than they actually do in a typical conversation among friends. Even though that's a real large percentage... in today's day and age... I think it's higher than 20%... I'm guessing 25%-30%.